so does everyone here use foobar2000 ?
Apr 11, 2008 at 9:09 PM Post #46 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by guyx1992 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I personally don't really understand how is it that different players (in the same PC with same equipment) can sound different.
But i'll take your word for that. Even if there's a difference, I'll probably not notice the difference because of my very simple gear (OB sound card + stock stereo speakers)

As explained above Kernal Stream and ASIO bypass a certain windows element that degrades the sound quality (i think it's called Kmixer or something) itunes as far as i know doesn't do ASIO or KS -- that's why freaks like us use winamp or another asio/ks compatible player.

Apr 11, 2008 at 9:46 PM Post #47 of 72
I'm really confused at why anyone with an outboard dac would use itunes. Especially since the most cited reason is ease of use. Setting up my foobar settings took like 5 minutes one day. Since then I have a better looking, cleaner, easier on the eyes product that shows ALL of my music in one place and doesnt manage my music db horribly. I just don't get the itunes love.

Apr 11, 2008 at 9:57 PM Post #48 of 72
MediaMonkey. I have my files organized in folder on my hard drive and I just want to play them from there. Don't want to mess with play lists etc. MM lets me do this and does ASIO/KS etc as it can use winamp plugins.

I am currently trying fb2k in parallel, but not that impressed with the UI so far, good but no MM. Can anybody tell me how to get fb2k to just show me my file try and play from there. If it can do that I might switch. Or, can somebody point me at a secret rabbit code SRC for winamp. Thanks in advance for any info.

Apr 12, 2008 at 12:02 AM Post #49 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by gyrodec /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MediaMonkey. I have my files organized in folder on my hard drive and I just want to play them from there. Don't want to mess with play lists etc. MM lets me do this and does ASIO/KS etc as it can use winamp plugins.

I am currently trying fb2k in parallel, but not that impressed with the UI so far, good but no MM. Can anybody tell me how to get fb2k to just show me my file try and play from there. If it can do that I might switch. Or, can somebody point me at a secret rabbit code SRC for winamp. Thanks in advance for any info.

I don't understand what you are asking -- come again?

Apr 12, 2008 at 2:53 AM Post #50 of 72
what's a good skin plugin for fb2k?

Apr 12, 2008 at 3:08 AM Post #52 of 72
MW

Let me try that again, this time with brain engaged while typing:

Can anybody tell me how to get fb2k to just show me my folder/file tree and let me play my files directly from there. (i.e. no play lists or using Add Folders each time you add any files to your drive.) If it can do that I might switch. Or, can somebody point me at a secret rabbit code SRC for winamp. Thanks in advance for any info.

Apr 12, 2008 at 3:09 AM Post #53 of 72
Quote:

Can anybody tell me how to get fb2k to just show me my folder/file tree and let me play my files directly from there. (i.e. no play lists or using Add Folders each time you add any files to your drive.)

File, Open.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 12, 2008 at 5:10 AM Post #54 of 72
Quote:

MW

Let me try that again, this time with brain engaged while typing:

Can anybody tell me how to get fb2k to just show me my folder/file tree and let me play my files directly from there. (i.e. no play lists or using Add Folders each time you add any files to your drive.) If it can do that I might switch. Or, can somebody point me at a secret rabbit code SRC for winamp. Thanks in advance for any info.

you can just use my computer if you want -- there's right click options for "play in foobar" and "enqueue in foobar"... that's how i do it -- i never use media library managers cause I'm old school lol

Apr 12, 2008 at 8:31 AM Post #55 of 72
got the first skin going
smily_headphones1.gif

foobar2k.jpg

Apr 12, 2008 at 11:42 AM Post #56 of 72
foobar2k1.jpg

Apr 12, 2008 at 6:30 PM Post #57 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael.Warrick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i want to use winamp but after using it for awhile it's too unstable on my system -- it keeps causing freeze ups and i have to end task it.

I think it consumes a lot of ram and needs a good video card to run the visuals fluently, hense the lag/lock up in frame rate.

Apr 12, 2008 at 7:29 PM Post #58 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron5604 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think it consumes a lot of ram and needs a good video card to run the visuals fluently, hense the lag/lock up in frame rate.

possibly, but that's not the reason it's unstable for me -- directsound output works fine but when using ASIO or KS it's just not stable... and i wasn't using visuals anyways

Apr 12, 2008 at 10:05 PM Post #59 of 72
i mustbe the only one using WMP 11, any reason why?

foobar is way over my head, i cant even get skins to work

itunes i hate

media jukebox is a cut down player

winamp is ok but i just dont like the way it looks

Apr 12, 2008 at 11:50 PM Post #60 of 72
Replaced the hearts with stars lol

foorbar2k-stars.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back