So Cal meet 1st of March!!!
Mar 2, 2003 at 9:50 AM Post #166 of 210
Finally got back home and just wanted to reiterate of how great a time i had at the meet. Stuarts amp + Dean's K1000s was definitely king of the show. I was absolutely speechless with them on and stayed speechless for a rather long time after i took them off.

I had a really good time with the headmaster and it is definitely on my list of things to get. I also grew some great respect for the Supermini v5.0.

I had a great time talking to you guys and it's really great knowing some faces now when i post on here. And Randy.... THAT GAME WAS MINE!

Mar 2, 2003 at 10:52 AM Post #167 of 210
my nme ais nmuiclearfusi0n
i am ortrda drunk

l1000 = king
i lov4e k1000s

abosulutyey incredivle ehzadongphones

i loved the k100s and the etys theat stuart btrought. thge etys' isolation was absdolutely incredible. it was lioke watcvhing a silent movie with a sounctrakc....

abdoluyley increctluble.

its good to hear you got home safeltyo aim 9 x

smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 2, 2003 at 6:32 PM Post #169 of 210
Big thanks to Orpheus for hosting this get together.
It was really nice to get the chance to meet everyone.

It was very interesting to me to see such a wide spectrum in musical tastes in one place. Everything from electronica and karaoke, to classical, acoustic and jazz, to Bowie, country and AC/DC.

You certainly don't have to share musical tastes to enjoy each other's company! I learned a lot and widened my horizons. I think the biggest thing I came away with was how much the synergy of a group of equipment effects the total outcome of the sound. There are no absolute best anythings out there, it's all so relative, even the type of music you listen to has a huge impact.

This was such a great opportunity to compare so much gear in one place. There is no way this could be done other than a meet like this where everyone chips in.

Thanks to everyone. I enjoyed meeting each one of you, and another nod to Dean for sharing that fantastic studio and for being such a gracious host.

Mar 2, 2003 at 6:38 PM Post #170 of 210
That meet was awesome! Thanks so much orpheus!

I LOVED the K-1000 and CJ combo as well! I had no idea headphones were capable of sounding that good!

I was also very impressed with the Sugden Headmaster/HD600 combo, as well as that wheatfield amp.

The MDR-F1's were also very nice headphones. Their sonic characteristics were very source/amp dependent though.

Mar 2, 2003 at 6:52 PM Post #171 of 210
I too greatly enjoyed meeting all at the SoCal meet. Thanks to Dean for hosting us headphone fanatics! I was very impressed with the HD600/Sugden Headmaster combination through the Ayre player. And of course, the pairing of Stuart's Conrad Johnson amplifier with the AKG K-1000s practically blew everything else out of the water. Speakers on your head indeed, and extremely good ones at that. Such separation, clarity and detail! Articulate, yet powerful.

It was also a pleasure to hear Carlo elaborate about strengths and weaknesses of various systems he's familiar with. Now there's a Head-fier who truly understands audio!

I have a few photos I took which I will post shortly. I was considering Yahoo photos. Does anyone know of a better hosting service?

Mar 2, 2003 at 8:22 PM Post #172 of 210
You know, if the pictures aren't too big, I could host them on my website. Just drop me a msg!

Mar 2, 2003 at 10:39 PM Post #174 of 210
Ahh...was indeed a hell of a meet...

And ya know that K-1000 and Conrad were a sweet combo when you actually look to your left when the applause from the recoding starts.

When's the next one?
wink.gif

Mar 3, 2003 at 4:57 AM Post #177 of 210
Here's a pic of the adaptor I "stole" (!)

P1010002.JPG

I have a Koss adaptor and a Grado adaptor and those two are identical as far as I can tell. This one is different because it has those two S's stamped onto it.

Mar 3, 2003 at 5:06 PM Post #179 of 210
by the way....we might have a record here for the longest continuous head-fi meet! ....

nuclearfusion and rvd stayed overnight..... and spent the rest of the next day listening to more headphone/audio stuff!

biggrin.gif

here's the new thread stuart started for impressions and more info about the meet:

http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showt...threadid=28158

hope to see you guys again soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back