So Cal meet 1st of March!!!
Mar 1, 2003 at 5:11 AM Post #151 of 210
.....gosh ...... maybe it really is cursed!!!
evil_smiley.gif

.........another head-fi'er that was gonna come has come across strange circumstances too............ something BLEW UP at work! and he has to fix it tomorrow!............................

this is insane............. hmmm..... maybe i'm next!!!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 1, 2003 at 7:10 PM Post #154 of 210
To all of you guys going to Orhpeus' house today, I hope you have a really great time. Sorry I missed it as I was really hoping to be there to meet all you guys and listen to some incredible gear.

Have fun and don't drink too much!
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Mar 1, 2003 at 9:27 PM Post #157 of 210
I'm gonna be heading over sorta late, maybe get there around 3.
My parents think i'm gonna be heading back to riverside after the meet, even though i'm not, so if somebody could play along and let me put my backpack + duffel bag in their car until my parents drive away that would be
cool.gif

Mar 1, 2003 at 10:04 PM Post #159 of 210
I'll also be late. I'm bringing everything I can, but some of the stuff is mid mod/repair, my apologies that some don't look pretty yet. I do have to ask that no one drink around loaned pieces (a couple of people have expressed concern). I also might be bringing some reviewer geeks who think headphones are for sissies. Feel free to kick their ass
smily_headphones1.gif

Look forward to meeting you guys!
carlo.

Mar 2, 2003 at 3:22 AM Post #161 of 210
It was really fun to meet all the local and not so local guys! Things were ramping up slowly but surely. I'm sorry that I had to leave so quickly. There were some nice pieces of equipment to listen to and Orpheus' little studio was quite nice to behold
smily_headphones1.gif
I hope to meet up with you guys again soon.

Mar 2, 2003 at 3:52 AM Post #162 of 210
Alert!:

I think I accidentally took home someone's 3.5mm to 1/4" adaptor. I just noticed that I have 3 here at home, and I think I only have 2 of them. Anyone missing theirs? I think whoever was trying out my meta42 left it stuck in there.

Mar 2, 2003 at 9:40 AM Post #165 of 210
Nikko,

Nope, it was severely imbalanced to the left channel (hardly any right channel) on the headphone output. Further info is in an email.

Re: Meet

I had a good time and greatly enjoyed hanging out with the fine folks there. The most impressive combination I heard was Stuart's CJ CAV50 mated with Orpheus' K1000 - I threw everything I had from The Stooges to Joni to Wes Montgomery at it hoping for a flaw but I just couldn't find any. Transducers with that kind of tone usually don't sound fast and involving, but there it was. Yum.

Most surprising were the HD590 w/ Equinox. Dry midrange but overall a better headphone than I expected. Through the GW Labs Cyclops (while it was running, problems with the unit) and Sugden Headmaster I didn't experience the upper frequency hardness that others have, but I also didn't listen to it on any other amps.

The more of JMT's work I see the more impressed I am with his handiwork and craftsmanship. Mad props
smily_headphones1.gif
Thats about it. I didn't play with anything else long enough to have a solid opinion of its character. Once again I had a damned good time though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back