So Cal meet 1st of March!!!
Feb 28, 2003 at 6:41 AM Post #137 of 210
i have a nice digicam, but i'm not going to "play historian"

i'll take a bunch of shots and possibly throw them up on a yahoo pics thingiemabobber.

sounds like this is gonna be a lot of fun.

Feb 28, 2003 at 7:58 AM Post #138 of 210
Quote:

Originally posted by AIM9x
i have a nice digicam, but i'm not going to "play historian"

i'll take a bunch of shots and possibly throw them up on a yahoo pics thingiemabobber.

sounds like this is gonna be a lot of fun.

you get my IM?

Feb 28, 2003 at 10:08 AM Post #139 of 210
Gents,
Good news, the Equinox cable arrived this AM. Stefan Arts was nice enoug to bump me up in their production schedule so I could have the cable for this meet. I've been giving it a good burn in with the 590's this evening. Opens the cans right up. I'll also bring the stock cable to A/B.

Randu

Gear List:
Senn 590s
Equinox Cable
Philips DVD963SA

Feb 28, 2003 at 10:11 AM Post #140 of 210
Quote:

Originally posted by Orpheus
i think Corona's the only beer Asian girls will drink, in my experience.... dunno why.

Is it the necks?

I can't believe I said that
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 28, 2003 at 2:27 PM Post #141 of 210
Hey Guys, I just wanted to let you know that I probably will not make the meet. My grandma has been very sick, and it looks like she will not make it much longer, so I am flying back to Connecticut. It was not really unexpected, she just turned 90 and had a big birthday party with all her relatives, so I think she just decided it was time. Anyway, take lots of pictures, and let's make sure to have another meet next fall or something. Have fun.
Thanks,
Stu

edit: My parents have called me and told me that I should wait to fly out until things are certain, and that I should go about my life normally until then. Things are still doubtful, but I will still try to make it. I would leave from LAX anyway, so it would not be too difficult. In any case, I will let you all know what I plan to do. Thanks a lot.

Feb 28, 2003 at 4:40 PM Post #142 of 210
well gang, I'm afraid I may have to drop out. There was a fire in the livingroom of my house, every thing is gone. It's not safe to live in the house any more and I need to find an apartment to move to. if I get this done early sat then there is still a chance I can go....

Feb 28, 2003 at 9:10 PM Post #144 of 210
Quote:

Originally posted by zchen
well gang, I'm afraid I may have to drop out. There was a fire in the livingroom of my house, every thing is gone. It's not safe to live in the house any more and I need to find an apartment to move to. if I get this done early sat then there is still a chance I can go....

Real sorry to hear about your fire.
I hope the insurance company treats you right.

Feb 28, 2003 at 9:18 PM Post #145 of 210
heh he......... not to make fun of anyone that has succumbed to dire circumstances........ but it is kinda strange the coincidences happening so close to the meet. fires... sickness........ gosh....

.....one thing for sure, this meet is going down in the history books.... if anything, it's the "Cursed meet of LA."
biggrin.gif

but sorry zchen and stuartr............ we'll all remember you at the meet.

orpheus

Feb 28, 2003 at 10:43 PM Post #146 of 210
Quote:

Originally posted by zchen

frown.gif
G'luck with that.
frown.gif

I'm so excited about tomorrow's meet - w00t.
How old are you guys that are coming? I know a lot of you are college students.
cool.gif
(i think)

Feb 28, 2003 at 10:54 PM Post #147 of 210
zchen, by the way man....... that really sucks. you know, if you can't find anywhere, you can stay here for a couple days.... i don't mind. i live alone, so it's not a problem.... and it's a 4 bedroom house. anyway.... like i said, you're welcome to stay for a couple days...

and that way you'll make the meet....... which is the most important thing in the world!!!

(incentally, your fire wasn't caused by audio equipment was it!?--hope not. i remember a while back someguy was talking about his mapleshade power unit.... and man, that thing was just waiting for a meltdown....)

orpheus

Mar 1, 2003 at 1:59 AM Post #148 of 210
Condolences to stuart and zchen. Definitely come if you have the heart and energy, though. I may only be able to show for a little while, but I hope to see you all there.

"Cursed Meet of LA," indeed
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 1, 2003 at 2:21 AM Post #149 of 210
Well, things are vacillating, but I will certainly make my best effort to come. The old lady has a strong ticker, so she may hold out for awhile. I don't mean to be trite -- she has a great sense of humor, she would have laughed if she heard me say that. Anyway, you may see me there, I will post tomorrow with the info.

Mar 1, 2003 at 3:02 AM Post #150 of 210
I'll be there! I'm brining a friend too!

Sorry guys, but my turntable won't be coming because i lost the anti skate weight and am waiting for a new one to arrive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back