So Cal get-together -- revisited!
Jan 27, 2003 at 4:53 AM Post #92 of 121
If it is alright I would like to reserve a spot for myself.

I have quite a bit of gear to bring, so much so that I can't possibly bring it all. Some of the possibilities:

Blockhead
Cary SLI-80
Creek 5350
Cary 303/200 or 308
Wheatfield HA-2
Stax 303/SRM-T1
AT W2002
Senn 600
AKG K1000
Maybe even a set of HP-1s.

Let me know which to bring, my back is such that I can't bring more than a couple of them.
frown.gif

Jan 27, 2003 at 5:01 AM Post #94 of 121
I forgot to add a highly modded (by Carlo) Sugden to that list.

btw If Tuberoller isn't disgusted with us, how about inviting him. He expressed some desire to travel and meet some of the rest of us nuts a while back. Maybe he'd even educate us on the finer points of Root Beer.
biggrin.gif

Jan 27, 2003 at 5:53 AM Post #96 of 121
don't forget carlo, stuartr and gluegun, they expressed heavy interest in coming.

By the way.... is anybody going to be able to take along them new ultrasones? If not, maybe i could play guinnea pig and buy a pair off jan meier. If i don't like 'em, one of you will probably end up liking them and buying them. If one of you DO have them, then I can wait.

Jan 27, 2003 at 6:34 AM Post #97 of 121
So far, it looks like I can join in on the fun
smily_headphones1.gif
I think I posted a list of what i could bring a bit higher up in the thread. I'll go hunting for duplicates in a bit so we don't bring tons of the same equipment
wink.gif

Jan 27, 2003 at 7:16 AM Post #100 of 121
Orpheus,

I'm going. I vote pizza since restaurants don't usually have tons of headphone gear to play with. Lots of napkins too since most of us don't like fingerprints and grease all over our gear
wink.gif

Randu,

Please bring the Phillips. The NAD T531 DVD player is suprisingly competent as a redbook source, I'm curious to how it compares to its multi-duty competition.

Smokey,

The Ayre CX-7 has true balanced outs and upsamples into crazy levels, if you've resolved that cable problem with the Blockhead it should be worth your time to try it. Same price range as the Cary 303/200's retail too so it might be a nice little shootout. You know what I think about the SLI-80 as a headphone amp, but I would certainly understand if you didn't want to lug that beast down.

I can make a greater effort to get the tubed 308 there if you'd like to try it against your solid state 308, but personally I'm not too excited about the comparison.

Jan 27, 2003 at 9:07 AM Post #101 of 121
Quote:

Originally posted by carlo
Orpheus,
I vote pizza since restaurants don't usually have tons of headphone gear to play with. Lots of napkins too since most of us don't like fingerprints and grease all over our gear
wink.gif

That sounds best to me also.

Quote:

Randu,
Please bring the Phillips. The NAD T531 DVD player is suprisingly competent as a redbook source, I'm curious to how it compares to its multi-duty competition.[/B]

I should have it here within the week, I'll bring it along for sure.

Jan 28, 2003 at 3:03 AM Post #105 of 121
Hey, pizza is cheaper than going out...sounds like a plan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back