So Cal get-together -- revisited!
Jan 23, 2003 at 4:00 AM Post #76 of 121
I'm also thinking about snagging the akg-501. However, I won't have it in time for this meet, that's for sure. Maybe for the next meet...

Jan 23, 2003 at 6:45 AM Post #77 of 121
Fantastic
March 1st @ 2:00 PM

I'll bring my HD 590s

I'll yank my Yamaha CD player out too if you think we'll need more source drivers.

We should probably plan the layout upfront to make sure we have everything matched up.

I live in Seal Beach, so if anyone need a ride in the vicinity or on the wayish, let me know.

I'm in the produce biz, I can grab some jicama/carrot/celery stix or whatever.

Jan 23, 2003 at 7:45 AM Post #78 of 121
it's too bad consumer products use RCA's...... i have a whole rack full of patchbays.

well, i dunno. how do they usually setup the equipment at other meets? do they have each source connected to one amp to one headphone?--or do they usually split the signal? it's really easy with patchbays because of how they are configured (half-normalled)... but with RCA's, you're gonna have to have a mess of ugly splitters out the back of all the sources.

the best way to do this is patch all the sources to a patchbay, and then the amps to another patchbay. then you can compare each source and amp to each other without having to unplug anything..... but of course, to do that much wiring would take forever....... heh he... okay, i'll stop boring you with the specifics of studio wiring.... besides, audiophiles generally have the conception that cables make a difference in sound... so i dunno if you guys would be happy putting another 20ft or so of cabling into the signal path along with 10 or so more jacks/plugs.

oh!--we need 2 LONG extension chords. maybe 50ft?--to bring the electricity from my filters/transformers to the other rooms. and bring lots of power strips.

sources?--more the better i suppose. i myself would like to hear a good turntable (i haven't used one since i was a kid more than 20 years ago).... and one of those fancy SACD players....

and lots of audiophile CDs.... you guys probably won't appreciate my collection very much--mostly electronica, alternative, and classical..... no jazz or pure vocal stuff here.

Jan 23, 2003 at 10:02 PM Post #79 of 121
I can bring an MMF-1, and I'm pretty sure that would be sufficient... since it's soooo easy to set up. Lol... i might even bring an extra cartridge (since i'll have acces to people who actually know how to set up carts properly)

If you want a really high end turntable, you will want Carlo or Jopi to come...

I can also bring a standard Sony CDP (nothing special about it) and maybe a mosfet if I have it by then. I can also bring some fun music as well.

Jan 24, 2003 at 12:47 AM Post #80 of 121
I'm going to be on the road quite a bit for the next two/three months, but if the date works out for me, I'm in.

I can bring a Clearaudio Champion TT with Bottlehead amps driving AKG 1000. I'm really in love with this setup!
I also have AKG 501s.

I can also host a bigger meeting beginning of June, the rest of my family will be in Germany and I'll be home alone.

Jan 24, 2003 at 4:13 AM Post #81 of 121
How are you set on tables?
I can grab a couple 8' banquet tabled from the office and some chairs.

I have a 100' cord also.

Jan 24, 2003 at 4:38 AM Post #82 of 121
well, there's the the kitchen dining table... then there's a larger table in the dining area.... there's a coffee table in the living room... then there's my desk in the studio. we can use my brother's bedroom for more space if we run out (he's gonna be away at school...)

a larger portable table would not fit anywhere...... some foldable chairs might be helpful though...

...there's a full-sized pool table in the living room too that if we need to, can also be used as a table.... but i assume you'd rather play with it instead..... anyone want a pool tourney?--heh he... $5/each... winner takes all!

but i think there should be enough space... it's a fair-sized house. just need some chairs, extension cables, and power strips.

Jan 24, 2003 at 5:41 AM Post #83 of 121
10/4 I'll grab the chairs & cord.

I also just ordered an Equinox cable for the 590s.
biggrin.gif

Hopefully I'll have it before the meet.

Jan 24, 2003 at 9:09 AM Post #84 of 121
i'm getting so anxious with newegg selling the HD-580s for 150 now.... I might end up buying it w/o checking out the AKGs first..... hmm, what to do? what to do......

Jan 25, 2003 at 6:11 AM Post #86 of 121
Quote:

Originally posted by Randu

I live in Seal Beach

Seriously?!?!!

I used to work at the Bay Theatre on main street when I was in high school. Small world, lol.

Jan 25, 2003 at 3:56 PM Post #87 of 121
It's still there, they are trying to get more of an Art Theater thing going I guess.

I haven't been in there for years, it still had Jujubees from 1962 stuck to the floor the last time I went!

Still a pretty sleepy town amidst the concrete jungle. I like it a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back