So Cal get-together -- revisited!
Jan 28, 2003 at 5:19 AM Post #107 of 121
aim9x, heh he.... well, for those interested, we can always go out afterwards... there's a zillion restaurants nearby man. not to mention we are next to monterey park... no better place to get chinese food in California.

....did i mention that Joe Lau is supposed to be sending that "special edition hd600 amp" in time for the meet?--apparently only 10 exist in the world. he wants a review from us though.... told him we'd be happy to oblidge.

orpheus

Jan 28, 2003 at 8:05 AM Post #109 of 121
heh, sounds like the meet's gonna be quite a bit of fun.

oh, and don't forget to do some massive cleaning around the ear area that morning, :p.

btw, what's a good time to head out from SD if i don't wanna hit traffic on the way there?

Jan 28, 2003 at 8:38 AM Post #110 of 121
which freeways are you going to take? in the mornings, traffic is on the west-bound side of the 210 and 60. in the evenings, starting say 4:30 the traffic is on the east-bound side of 210 or 60. if you're taking 10, i think that freeway always sucks.... though for some little whiles, it's clear...

you need to stay overnight man? or you got some parties to go to afterwards?
biggrin.gif
...i know they have some fancy clubs here.... my friends go out a lot. but i'm not too into that.... but then again.... you aren't too far from tijuana over there....

Jan 28, 2003 at 8:57 AM Post #111 of 121
well, i'll be back home by saturday night (hopefully). I don't think i'll need to stay the night then. But if it comes down to it, think i'd be able to come in on friday?

Jan 28, 2003 at 10:36 AM Post #112 of 121
Fair Warning: friday is baaaaaaaaaaaad for traffic. Count on HEAVY traffic until around 9pm.

Jan 28, 2003 at 9:42 PM Post #113 of 121
when i take the 5 up to fresno on weekends, i leave SD at 8:30 and get home at about 1:30.

i hate LA traffic

but if you said saturday's not too bad for traffic between 12 and 2, it shouldn't be a problem.

i'm basically taking the 5N to the 605N and going 1 mile on the 210W... that's what yahoo told me to take given your address.

Jan 28, 2003 at 10:00 PM Post #115 of 121
I have requested the Manley 300B amp and Stax Omega II/007t, both of which will be sent for review. I am not sure if they will be here in time for our meet, but if not we can arrange another meet at another time (I need to be in their presence).

Incidentally, I am viewing this as a fairly serious meet with some hanging out. I am excited about meeting many of you but I am more excited about hearing components I have not heard before. I know smokey is as well.
(just want to say that in the forefront in case I seem assholish when I spend more time listening than talking)

Jan 29, 2003 at 3:18 AM Post #117 of 121
i'm too cheap for most (if not all) of these amps, but I'm probably going to be doing more listening than talking too. If any of you know any good parts dealers, I'm being forced to pay 25 dollars for the two clips & screws to hold my denon AH-D550s to the headband. They're making me buy the whole assembly and I only want the damn clips. So if you guys know anybody, please send them my way because I wanna get those working before the meet (i want to see if my ears were any good 2 yrs before head-fi).

Jan 29, 2003 at 4:00 AM Post #118 of 121
I'd love to hear the Omega II, as I was considering buying it at one point. At this point, I think I would rather a powerbook, but anyway. I would love to hear it. As for the meet, I will talk and listen...I am not too picky, but given the amount of hardware that looks like is going to make an appearance, I think most time will be spent listening. Also, does anyone like the band Tortoise? They are post-rock and electronica from Chicago...they are fantastic. I think they are playing in LA the night before, and I thought I might consider going if anyone is interested.

Jan 29, 2003 at 9:14 AM Post #119 of 121
It's too bad jopi can't make it. He seemed like a connoiseur of good equipment and was also the only person that had the AKG K501 :\ I guess we won't be able to taste these suckers until the next time
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back