SO... Anyone know about any new headphones coming out?
Jul 15, 2007 at 9:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

EsthetiX

1000+ Head-Fier
Just wondering if there's anything new on its way out that people are excited about....
cool.gif

Jul 15, 2007 at 9:26 AM Post #3 of 27
The SR-007 MKII...
lambda.gif

...and the Sennheiser electrostatic headphone that is said to be released next year.

Jul 15, 2007 at 9:54 AM Post #4 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...and the Sennheiser electrostatic headphone that is said to be released next year.

Haha, it's electrostatic this week, is it? Next week we'll decide it's a ribbon headphone, and the week after that some kind of ion discharge driver.

Jul 15, 2007 at 10:03 AM Post #5 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha, it's electrostatic this week, is it? Next week we'll decide it's a ribbon headphone, and the week after that some kind of ion discharge driver.

Fair enough!
We never know if its true or not until Sennheiser make an official statement.
I just quote these posts from three days ago:
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by Michgelsen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Two days ago, my dealer told me that the distributor told him that Sennheiser is working on a new electrostat. It's to be released end 2008 and will cost €2500. That's what he said. Sounds interesting doesn't it?

Tyll confirmed this too. Not that crazy price though.

Jul 15, 2007 at 10:40 AM Post #6 of 27
We have reached the point of total obscurity where each and every statement about senn HD700 should be regarded as pure sarcasm, a joke.

Anyway I'll entertain the question:

Westone 3
Ultimate Ears UE-11

Jul 15, 2007 at 11:35 AM Post #7 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Flasken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Westone 3
Ultimate Ears UE-11

Hmm, I'm interested in exactly the same ones. I would add the Westone 3 built into a custom earmould (i.e. no adapter) that's due later.

[But mostly I'm exciting about visiting a guy from the Naim forums to try his GS1000s thsi coming Wednesday, since you can't dem them for love nor money at British hi-fi dealers.]

Jul 15, 2007 at 11:50 AM Post #8 of 27
Bleh, it seems a new IEM comes out every day. I'm much more interested in the HD700 and the Omega III (I haven't been keeping up with the Stax thread; is it going to be a new Omega III or just an updated SR-007 MKII?)

Jul 15, 2007 at 12:26 PM Post #12 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bleh, it seems a new IEM comes out every day. I'm much more interested in the HD700 and the Omega III (I haven't been keeping up with the Stax thread; is it going to be a new Omega III or just an updated SR-007 MKII?)

It isn't clear as of now but it looks like it's an updated SR-007, not a new design. I'll buy a set as soon as it is released and report back.

Jul 15, 2007 at 3:24 PM Post #14 of 27
I'll also entertain the question.

I can't wait to hear teh ALO headphones....who knows when they'll come out, but I'm pretty curious about it....

Jul 15, 2007 at 4:43 PM Post #15 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No, the ion discharge drivers are still in development and wont be ready for a couple years, according to my sources.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back