Smooth and neutral like the TinHifi T2
Sep 16, 2021 at 10:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ExTubeGamer

1000+ Head-Fier
Hello dear HeadFi community,

I started my audiophile career with the TinHifi T2. Despite testing out a lot of IEMs, I never found an IEM that is as smooth and neutral like the T2. Not even the T2 plus has the relaxedness and neutrality in the mids like the T2. It seems the lack of treble extension is the source of this.

Is there an IEM with a mids to treble relation like the T2? The T2 plus sounded slighty bright to my ears.

Dec 9, 2021 at 9:44 PM Post #2 of 6
Wrote this entirely while listening with the BQEYZ K2 in one ear and a T2 in the other. (you'll need a converter to do this, either a MMCX female to 2pin male, etc)

TL;DR = the BQEYZ K2 is where I highly recommend. (their K2C is essentially the same). (stalk MonoPrice / monoprice-ebay: their Monoprice Quartet is very literally a K2/K2C with the monoprice logo slapped on. Oh and their external shell is aluminum.

does it matter which mystical dragon I ride?
--the monoprice version: (+) better stock cable included // ( - ): hope you like black.
--the og K2 or K2C: (+): comes in black, chrome, and a cool seafoam green color. // ( - ): stock cord is skimpier.

where are these mystical creatures?
[] The K2 / K2C's are usually $35-43ish on Aliexpress (but that will take at least 2-3wks even on their Aliexpress Standard Shipping. the lower shipping options I don't recommend for anything beyond like $5).
[] The Monoprice Quartets are unfortunately, currently at full msrp-ish ($59), but at times you might be able to find them at $37 or $49.

devil's advocate
The TinHifi T2 was built like a brick.
The K2/K2C/Quartet has a weak point where the plastic nozzle zone meets the shell.
The T2's are small and neat, no problems sleeping with them.
The K2/K2C/Quartet are much much larger in size.

K2 / K2C / Quartet's nozzlehead has no clips, no nicks, no flare in construction to mechanically keep the eartip around the nozzle-----eartip gets left in my ear a lot when pulling the iem's out.

K2 / K2C: uses s 0.78mm 2-pin, but I've had a hard time getting them to stay in---they come off of the pins easily.
I know there's a lot of fans of the 2pin designs, but MMCX (used in the T2) has rarely ever come off the cord.

any more tradeoffs?
--the K2/K2C/Quartet is a notch-up on the treble department. The bass is still there, but it's maybe 1/4 of a notch less. BUT the soundstage seems to have much more span than the T2.

I've looked through BQEYZ's newer offerings, but this seems to be only one that is more referential.

Sorry, I just came across your post---
I can't say much for the ultraluxe chifi iem scene
(too difficult to justify spending over $50-60 for iems esp since iems aren't always necessarily returnable (eg if purchased from overseas)).

bias disclosure: I have a relatively strict focus on neutral reference
The TinHifi T2 is friggin amazing for someone who wants to listen to things in reference or studio or neutral-esque (yes, there's a very minor tilt orientation to highs). I've since bought a couple of "hyped" <$50 iems and nothing compared to the T2.

BUT, if you like the neutral signature and are okay with a bit more treble----
you will not at all be disappointed.
Blessings and best of luck!

HTB1MqcbeR1D3KVjSZFyq6zuFpXaN.jpg
38371_01.jpg

Dec 10, 2021 at 3:41 AM Post #5 of 6
Hello dear HeadFi community,

I started my audiophile career with the TinHifi T2. Despite testing out a lot of IEMs, I never found an IEM that is as smooth and neutral like the T2. Not even the T2 plus has the relaxedness and neutrality in the mids like the T2. It seems the lack of treble extension is the source of this.

Is there an IEM with a mids to treble relation like the T2? The T2 plus sounded slighty bright to my ears.

Maybe you can read about the HZSound Heart Mirror. It is a neutral bright IEM that has better technical performance and better fit/isolation and better sub-bass extension than the Tin T2. I found the Tin T2 to have an anemic subbass and a bad fit, YMMV.

The Heart Mirror needs amping, as the soundstage is rather intimate when not amped. I like that the Heart Mirror can push vocals forward without really veering into shoutiness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back