SM64 To Replace SM3
Feb 6, 2013 at 10:55 PM Post #196 of 261
Yes, i'm definitely gonna change mine to v2. It's just that now im having difficulties getting the communication going between ES and Jaben.

The 112ohm to me is sounding good for the most part but giving me headaches with the sibilances on some tracks with lots of highs.
I found the midrange lacking presence due to the highs which sometimes felt overpowering.
And looking at the change notes on the 95ohm version, it seems to be the better fit for edm.

Feb 6, 2013 at 11:49 PM Post #197 of 261
yea getting in touch with ES is next to impossible. I think I'll just wait and order this later. Please keep us updated. 

If anyone has the studio V if you can please comment on the synergy, thank. 

Feb 7, 2013 at 12:03 AM Post #198 of 261
yea getting in touch with ES is next to impossible. I think I'll just wait and order this later. Please keep us updates. 

If anyone has the studio V if you can please comment on the synergy, thank. 

I have been waiting on a response from ES for about a week now...I don't want to make to many follow ups and get them upset. :)

I will be patient. :)

Feb 7, 2013 at 12:45 AM Post #199 of 261
Quote:
I have been waiting on a response from ES for about a week now...I don't want to make to many follow ups and get them upset.
smily_headphones1.gif

I will be patient.
smily_headphones1.gif

True true, I am sure they are busy modding all the SM64 V1, I'll give them 4 more months, hopefully by than Jaben Australia has them in stock. I wanted to order them via US dealers, 50 USD shipping is just too much. I assumed at least they would deduct some me the free UPS shipping which applies to their US customers but that was not the case sadly.

One thing which confused me is the 399 euro price tag includes VAT. Obviously us folks who do not live in Europe do not need to pay that, that should reduce the price by quiet a bit. I know this because meier audio does that. He has two price tags, one for the european customers and the other for his international client which excludes the VAT. I assumed that would have been the case but once again it wasnt. Too much inconsistency makes me a little paranoid . 

Feb 7, 2013 at 1:03 AM Post #200 of 261
Quote:
One thing which confused me is the 399 euro price tag includes VAT. Obviously us folks who do not live in Europe do not need to pay that, that should reduce the price by quiet a bit. I know this because meier audio does that. He has two price tags, one for the european customers and the other for his international client which excludes the VAT. I assumed that would have been the case but once again it wasnt. Too much inconsistency makes me a little paranoid . 

Earsonics prices do change for non-EU countries.  I mentioned it earlier, it adjusts to ~333 euros, but shipping is 39 euros (to Canada, not sure about other countries).  I didn't order, just checked out the price.

Feb 7, 2013 at 1:07 AM Post #201 of 261
Quote:

Earsonics prices do change for non-EU countries.  I mentioned it earlier, it adjusts to ~333 euros, but shipping is 39 euros (to Canada, not sure about other countries).  I didn't order, just checked out the price.

i did try to check out, everytime I did that it just cleared my chart for some strange reason. Can you post me the link where you ordered your, thanks. 

Feb 7, 2013 at 9:43 AM Post #206 of 261
I ordered a pair of SM64s on Friday from Earsonics direct and they arrived this morning, although I'm in Luxembourg so this is no great shakes.

I originally went to the site with the intention of ordering a pair of SM3s but the difference in price was not that huge and most of my listening will be with a FIIO E10/E17 anyway so the higher impedance is not an issue. I will try them directly with a Rockboxed Ipod classic 7G/Clip+ but don't expect much. 

Looking forward to doing some comparisons with my TF10s, GR07(Bass) and IE8s. My GR07 seems to be my 'goto' IEM at the moment but I'm hoping the SM64 fill those shoes.

Feb 7, 2013 at 10:34 AM Post #207 of 261
Oh great! I'm really looking forward to some amped vs unamped comparison.

Feb 9, 2013 at 6:43 PM Post #208 of 261
Have my SM64 v1 on early feb. there's a buzz sound on high note when i connect direct from my ipod touch. But when i use amp, it's all good, great i think, instrument separation and sound stage are better than my um3x. Im from indonesia, and bought it for 6 million rupiah, or around 600 us$ with free of hippo cricri. In here i never thought to use this expensive IEMS For mobile use, the criminal level is high. LOL.

Feb 11, 2013 at 2:30 AM Post #210 of 261
Okay I have both the SM3 and 64 side by side. I'm just gonna put it out there that, un-amped, I prefer my SM3 over the 64's. Haven't tried either with an amp yet. The bass and treble are more prominent on the 64 than the 3 -- the treble actually sparkles -- but I do miss the milky vocals of the SM3. However, the vocals are noticeably more refined and intimate on the SM64 compared to the W3's. Instrumentals do sound better on the SM64 than the SM3 though. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back