Sloppy Grado, Or Nitpicking?
Mar 13, 2007 at 3:26 PM Post #46 of 76
No, cmirza, I do not think you are nitpicking. In fact, all three Grados I have owned (RS-1, RS-2, SR325i) had some type of flaw. In addition to finding Grados highly uncomfortable (they actually leave sores on my ears), I think their overall build and assembly quality should be better.

Mar 13, 2007 at 3:55 PM Post #47 of 76
Let me run the place and you guys will get an excellent product !
orphsmile.gif

Mar 29, 2007 at 4:40 AM Post #48 of 76
I got my new pair of 325i and they have the same defects on one side of each the fork. On one of the aluminum cups, there is also burr on one of the edges caused I think before the anodizing, I checked it with a 10x eye loupe and the gold color is on the burr meaning the burr occured before the surface treatment.

dsc00023qc5.jpg

dsc00027py3.jpg

Mar 29, 2007 at 4:56 AM Post #50 of 76
This is one reason I stopped buying Grado products and sold off my headphones. I do not support a company who doesn't care about their products, or the customer.

Mar 29, 2007 at 11:17 AM Post #51 of 76
I believe I would send them back as well. My MS2i were perfect, and at this level of phone we should expect nothing less.

....yeah; I've changed my attitude a bit. Originally I felt that the sound was the most important part and that appearance was second. I still think it's second, but now a much closer second.

What is really sad is how poorly so many of the wooden Grado/Alessandros are manufactured. Reminds me of products made on the 32nd or 33rd of the month.

Mar 29, 2007 at 11:34 AM Post #52 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by jbloudg20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is one reason I stopped buying Grado products and sold off my headphones. I do not support a company who doesn't care about their products, or the customer.

I think they do care about the products and the customers. I think they care very deeply. Unfortunately they must work within market demands limitations. There's just so many days in a week and so many employees to build things. My guess is that they are still far less than 30 employees with no room for expansion.

If it were the company standard that the cans were less than perfect all the time, then we'd learn to live it just to get the sound. But once we get to the SR-325i/MS2i product level I believe we should expect the line to slow down a bit.

But tired folks doing too much overtime don't do the best of work and adding temporary employees isn't always the answer. Are they in an Overtime situation? I dunno, but it almost looks like it from the symptoms.

Mar 29, 2007 at 4:38 PM Post #53 of 76
I am going to send this thread to Grado as a concerned Grado afficionado

Mar 29, 2007 at 4:46 PM Post #54 of 76
It may have already be read! My understanding is that John Grado does occasionally read these threads. We know he is interested in Head-Fi as indicated by the special run of Grado HF-1s a couple years ago. As well as the numerous Head-Fi functions he has been so active in.

So I suspect he checks out this place fairly often as a barometer of the likes of his customers and consumers in general.

But; ya never know!!

Mar 29, 2007 at 8:36 PM Post #56 of 76
if that is the c shaped connector for earcup it is easily replaced. i broke the attachement for my sr-125s and emailed gradolabs on a saturday morning. i didnt expect an answer till monday. a couple hours later i got an email and they sent a new one out to me on monday. could'nt be happier with grado service, and i love the sound!

Mar 29, 2007 at 9:00 PM Post #57 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But once we get to the SR-325i/MS2i product level I believe we should expect the line to slow down a bit.

I've got them on my brand new 325i. I would send them back, but I can't be without my precious for several days.
biggrin.gif
I wonder if Grado would send me a new pair and then I would return mine after I got the new pair....hmmmmm....

Mar 29, 2007 at 9:10 PM Post #58 of 76
I have the HF-1's which use the exact same plastic piece, and they do not have a defect at all, not even anything approaching the way those look. I would send them in. Grado is happy enough to service them if you simply send them in under warranty.

Mar 29, 2007 at 10:28 PM Post #59 of 76
Yeah; my MS-1s have a couple of the same problems shown in EdTs top photo but not quite as bad. My MS2i are absolutely flawless! Almost as if John and George themselves had put on white gloves and built me a set! Whoever fabricated the components and assembled the phones really knew what they were doing!

Thank you, kind people who manufactured the MS2i that I received in mid September of '06! You did a great job! They look great and they sound great!

Thanks Much!
Rich.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back