Slippery recliner
Apr 23, 2008 at 1:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Sovkiller

Proved that despite its huge size the CD3000 can be shoved down one's throat.
Well I got a recliner some time ago for my audio listening pleasure...
biggrin.gif
...but instead it is becoming really annoying lately, the bottom side of the recliner is made out of wooden disc, and my floor is carpeted. Every time I sit on it the darn recliner slips and moves back, so I'm was trying to get any effective way of stopping it, but browsing have been a failure, maybe the words I use are not the right ones, but it shows no hope, so I will post this question here, I'm not very familiar with carpet solutions, so for the carpets gurus here, is there any really effective way of keeping that stupid recliner in place??? My sweet spot has been compromised many times!!!!
frown.gif

Apr 23, 2008 at 1:52 AM Post #3 of 15
It is just a simple disc of wood, like maybe 30 inches diameter completelly flat on hte bottom, all painted in black, and the recliner is built in top, not sure why a picture will help, there is not much that you can miss out of the decription I'm giving you, trust me on that, the carpet is the commercial type one, the only used in the whole building...

Apr 23, 2008 at 2:06 AM Post #5 of 15
I'm afraid that the spikes with my weight, and the pulling while I sit, may tear it up, that was my first idea, but not sure that will work, I placed a box behind it and the wall and it hold it for a time, but not a very definitive solution...
tongue.gif

Maybe any double sticky tape or so, not sure....????

Apr 23, 2008 at 2:39 AM Post #7 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuerst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lose some weight!
tongue.gif

Well my brother weights 130lbs and the same happen to him while he sits here, I do not think that this is the feasable solution, but definitelly a health oriented, and a needed one...
wink.gif

Apr 23, 2008 at 3:03 AM Post #9 of 15
Get the Hook end of Velcro with double sided tape on one side?

Some taped to the base should be enough. Just no running starts diving into the chair.

I could send you 2 feet of it but it should be availble at Home Depot by the foot.

Mitch

Apr 23, 2008 at 3:45 AM Post #10 of 15
Go to Staples or Office Depot and get one of those plastic mats that allow office chairs to roll around on carpet. Next, get screw-mounted rubber feet and screw them into the wooden disc. Those should stay put on the plastic mat.

Second, I hear pretzel grease causes chairs to slide. Churros don't have that problem.

Apr 23, 2008 at 3:49 AM Post #11 of 15
I will try the velcro tomorrow and the double sticky tape, I ahve a carpet store around the corner, now that I recall, asking them will not harm as well, as per the churros, I got an store around that make them filled with guava paste, coconut, and caramel, not sure if they will hold the stupid chair, but they are delicious!!!!

Apr 23, 2008 at 5:22 AM Post #12 of 15
You could use some of those abrasive stickers that they put on stairs to prevent people slipping. They are kind of like spray-in bedliner or really coarse sandpaper with a super-strong sticky backside. I'm sure one would fix your problem nicely. Not sure where to buy them though, maybe Home Depot or an industrial supplier?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back