Sleek SA6
Nov 14, 2008 at 7:39 PM Post #1,381 of 1,423
ok i had more time with my sa6 and there has been a change in my impression. the bass on the bass ++ port is definitely deeper and bassier (haha no such word -_-) with the modded bass + port, it feels as thoough the isolation is not as great, as if everything is not closed off. with the bass ++ port, it feels closed off and more isolated, with better deeper and punchier bass. just remember that the bass is still coming out of a single armature, so dont expect anything crazy like atrio m5 or dynamic drivers.

Nov 14, 2008 at 7:52 PM Post #1,382 of 1,423
::repost:: no idea why system keep doing this to me

Nov 14, 2008 at 10:45 PM Post #1,385 of 1,423
You can order them from here Bass Tuning Ports - Accessories - Sleek Audio Store

I just received mine today, when I step back and compare bass - , = , + and +² the only think I can think of is that the SA6 concept is pure genius : changing a tiny little piece and you have a whole new experience, it still amaze me ...

the bass +² has to my hear a wider range of effect it make the SA6 sound really warmer, not just on the boom side but on all the bass and lower medium side.. Giving a whole new expérience to the SA.

all new SA comes with the new bass+² instead of the +, I hope Sleek with keep manufacturing the old + as ultimately the more choice you have the better.

Nov 14, 2008 at 11:42 PM Post #1,386 of 1,423
yea definitely. i know that some will definitely still like the old bass + port, as the experience is really different. i remember talking to bill and he mentioned something about it making the lower mid bassier or deeper. the description wasnt really clear, but it definitely is something to try. as for detail, i still feel that it is nothing to worry a lot about even though there is an increase in bass

Nov 15, 2008 at 2:21 AM Post #1,387 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by j2kei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ok i had more time with my sa6 and there has been a change in my impression. the bass on the bass ++ port is definitely deeper and bassier (haha no such word -_-) with the modded bass + port, it feels as thoough the isolation is not as great, as if everything is not closed off. with the bass ++ port, it feels closed off and more isolated, with better deeper and punchier bass. just remember that the bass is still coming out of a single armature, so dont expect anything crazy like atrio m5 or dynamic drivers.

So I'm not imagining things. I have felt that the isolation was slightly worse off after I modded the bass + port. Initially thought it was the tiny hole that caused it but eventually shook it off.

Nov 15, 2008 at 2:23 AM Post #1,388 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by |Fred /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can order them from here Bass Tuning Ports - Accessories - Sleek Audio Store

I just received mine today, when I step back and compare bass - , = , + and +² the only think I can think of is that the SA6 concept is pure genius : changing a tiny little piece and you have a whole new experience, it still amaze me ...

the bass +² has to my hear a wider range of effect it make the SA6 sound really warmer, not just on the boom side but on all the bass and lower medium side.. Giving a whole new expérience to the SA.

all new SA comes with the new bass+² instead of the +, I hope Sleek with keep manufacturing the old + as ultimately the more choice you have the better.

The thing is, I do not see the need for me to purchase a whole set of ports that I already have. I very much like to try out the bass++ ports but since I'm staying in Singapore, it's gonna cost me just to ship some ports over.

Nov 15, 2008 at 4:01 AM Post #1,389 of 1,423
maybe give sleek audio an email, they might just sell the bass ++ port. their customer service is pretty good, well at least over the phone it is, so a small exception like this probably will be no problem to them

Nov 15, 2008 at 12:50 PM Post #1,390 of 1,423
bassrp0.jpg

EEXO last time I ordered from sleek the price was for 3 pairs you didn't have to take one of each you could take 3 pairs of bass² and split the price with two other peoples.

Nov 15, 2008 at 2:50 PM Post #1,391 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Resuming, I tried them (not the Sleeks BTW), and not anymore, I prefer a lot more the universal fit, or a custom made of a soft material like rubber, silicone, etc...but made from acrylic, sorry I pass...

Ahh, not to be flip but who makes customs in a soft material? Westone? After living for a few years with hard customs for my shures, im inclined to agree with you. However, i like many folks just cant get a universal to fit.....

Nov 15, 2008 at 3:18 PM Post #1,393 of 1,423
If you really want a soft mold, ACS makes them too. There are a few comparison threads and it seems ACS is usually favored over Sensaphonics.

Nov 15, 2008 at 3:55 PM Post #1,394 of 1,423
Thought I should report for the record, that I have to return my SA6 again due to what appears to be another cable failure and some adjudant cosmetic and slight build quality failures to the earpieces. I've had the earpiece niggles for a few weeks but put off a return, due to enjoying my SA6 and of re-exploring my way through the VQ system and analysing the effects of the different combinations on the sonic character and presentation. However, now the sound has died from the right channel of the cable. Frustrating. I don't think its an earpiece failure as both still work with the left channel. On the bright, I'm revisiting my triple fi again, which are impressing me anew and also occupying my inquisition as I listen with continually developing critical ears and get a firmer feel for their sound signature etc. This hobby is a guddun!
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back