Sleek SA6
Nov 15, 2008 at 4:11 PM Post #1,396 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by |Fred /img/forum/go_quote.gif
bassrp0.jpg

EEXO last time I ordered from sleek the price was for 3 pairs you didn't have to take one of each you could take 3 pairs of bass² and split the price with two other peoples.

Interesting and thanks for sharing
smily_headphones1.gif

Sadly though, I don't think I'm able to find people who are interested in sharing over here.
I left Sleek-Audio an email and shall see what they will say.

Nov 15, 2008 at 4:16 PM Post #1,397 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by EEXO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Interesting and thanks for sharing
smily_headphones1.gif

Sadly though, I don't think I'm able to find people who are interested in sharing over here.
I left Sleek-Audio an email and shall see what they will say.

Very intriguing! Maybe I'll get a set of these if my SA6 unit has to be replaced pending my recent qulaity control failures with my current pair.
biggrin.gif

Have Sleek confirmed that these are a modified/updated bass + port?

Nov 15, 2008 at 4:26 PM Post #1,398 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A revisit for good ol' triples eh?

Sorry to hear it broke again. Hopefully Sleek redesign a new iem and i will give them a 2nd chance.

Yep, and they are good! Sounds wierd to say, but I'm starting to appreciate sound more, more in 3D recpetion and imaging, and taking in a fuller bearing of the sound staging and depth of sound along with respective instruement presentaion/placement and separation, in conjunction with the frequency distribution. Another, more summising way of putting it is, my critical ear and perception is opening up more and I can appreciate the sound reproduction much fuller and clearer! My ears are more trained and honed. As a result, the triples are sounding bloody good just now
atsmile.gif

Nov 15, 2008 at 6:23 PM Post #1,400 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by |Fred /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I retail Sleek In France and those are the port coming with every new SA6 sold.

Sweet! I hope they come with my replacement set here in the UK
biggrin.gif

Nov 15, 2008 at 8:12 PM Post #1,401 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you really want a soft mold, ACS makes them too. There are a few comparison threads and it seems ACS is usually favored over Sensaphonics.

Im in NYC, i dont think acs is in the states, but i could be wrong. so I guess its sensaphonics for "soft" custom....

Nov 16, 2008 at 11:48 PM Post #1,402 of 1,423
ok...i just had to do the inevitable, pinhole mod on the new bass ++ (bass +^2 or whatever you would like to call it). first off, this port is different, as i think it might actually be a membrane O_O anyways, after doing the mod (first poke small hole with pin, followed by piercing with staple) i find the bass is very nice now. before the bass felt like it had depth but no pop/punch. after doing this lil mod, it feels as though there is some pop so even at low volume, i can hear some bass now
biggrin.gif
this is definitely not something for those that are analytical, as it really makes the sa6 sound more warm. there is definitely some loss in detail due to the increase in bass, however to those that find the sa6 bass anemic might find this change very nice. i for one definitely like it
beyersmile.png

Dec 12, 2008 at 6:00 AM Post #1,403 of 1,423
Crap. Just popped some brand-spankin'-new bass++ ports into my SA6 to give them a whirl, and while I was removing one of the silicone sleeves (one of the sleeves -- not even a treble tube), the front portion of the earpiece separated from the rest of the earpiece. Sent Sleek an email for a replacement...Sigh.
frown.gif

So that's what balanced armatures look like up close...
rolleyes.gif

Dec 12, 2008 at 6:29 AM Post #1,404 of 1,423
wanna take a pic so others dont have to dissemble theirs to know how BA look like up close? haha

Dec 12, 2008 at 12:28 PM Post #1,406 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mine are up for sale: used less than 5 hours. way less.

What are you using instead?

Dec 12, 2008 at 8:46 PM Post #1,408 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Crap. Just popped some brand-spankin'-new bass++ ports into my SA6 to give them a whirl, and while I was removing one of the silicone sleeves (one of the sleeves -- not even a treble tube), the front portion of the earpiece separated from the rest of the earpiece. Sent Sleek an email for a replacement...Sigh.
frown.gif

So that's what balanced armatures look like up close...
rolleyes.gif

happened to me as well a week after I got mine, was v hearbreaking, now im ever so careful!

Dec 13, 2008 at 11:38 AM Post #1,409 of 1,423
Hi, since 2 weeks I'm part of the Sleekowners club too.
First impressions weren't too good; after an hour one of the earpieces started to sound muffled and very soft, no matter what I tried; switched source, cable, ear, bass-and treble thingies, it was the earpiece. Looked carefully, no obstructions.
Next day I was getting ready to send them back and decided to give them one more try, no problems at all! What caused it, condense?
Ever since then they played faultless, but I have to say the fragility makes me nervous; no doubt one day I'll loose a bassport. At first I loved the idea of being able to customize the sound, but I soon found out that only the flat (=) ports sound undistorted to my ears, so the idea does not work in practice for me and -with hindsight- I would have preferred fixed treble and bassports.
I love the replaceable cable though, all my former IEMS (including 2 rather pricey Shure e4s) died on me due to cable failure, so I'm glad that danger is encountered here.
I love the sound!
Compared to my E4s they are much more balanced and dynamic, while still matching or surpassing the Shures on detail and smoothness/lack of harshness.

In short, love the sound, build-quality could be better.

Dec 13, 2008 at 3:36 PM Post #1,410 of 1,423
im using now audio technica ck10 instead or just not using. im really tired of this game!

edit: i do really prefer the dynammic over the armature but that is personal taste: certainly not something i expect everyone to prefer. the ck10 however are my excercise phones as they are more robustly constructed than any phone i have ever seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back