Sleek SA6
Jul 24, 2008 at 2:58 PM Post #1,157 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by pseudohippy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I also got a d2 and sleeks. Last night I started talking amps and my wife told me to get out of the house. I think she was kidding.

Haha! Yeah, an amp will be next on my agenda at some point but I'm glad I dont have a wife to evade on that one!
tongue.gif
I couldn't get past the bass roll off on the d2 but I have heard positive things about its synergy with the SA6 from those who have em both!

Jul 24, 2008 at 3:01 PM Post #1,158 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rarn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I just purchased a pair from soundearphones! To mark the occasion of my first major high quality sound purchase I've also made a Head-fi account, heh (though I've been lurking for weeks). I'd previously been rocking 20 dollar Koss earbuds
eek.gif

I do not know about the $20.00 earbuds from Koss, but the Portapro (that is $50.00 in the worst scenario) gives all the IEM's I have heard till now, a pretty good run for the money, honestly. I even preffer them soundwise to all the IEMs I have heard, inlcuding the expensive ones as UE10, and 11 with universal fits...
wink.gif
... but they are not earbuds, and they are not IEMs, and they will not offer the same isolation neither...
wink.gif

And they have lifetime warranty....$6.00 and you will get a new one at the doorstep, while needed...no questions asked!!!

Jul 24, 2008 at 4:43 PM Post #1,159 of 1,423
Just purchased the SA6 from a head-fi'er and these IEMs are great! This is the 2nd IEM that I owned (1st Atrio M5) and the atrios are no match to this IEMs in my opinion. Balanced sound, nice treble and tight bass and it's very comfortable to wear unlike the Atrios which i had a hard time inserting in my ears and were very unconfortable over time. I'm using it straight out of my iMod and out of the pico and they truly shine.

The packaging for SA6 is top notch, lots of accessories and looks very professional. Nice one SleekAudio!

Jul 26, 2008 at 10:24 AM Post #1,161 of 1,423
Hi Sleek experts. Can I get an after market cable for these earphones? Where can I get one? I'd like to find a cable which is more durable. Thanks.

Jul 26, 2008 at 10:55 AM Post #1,162 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by kojebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Sleek experts. Can I get an after market cable for these earphones? Where can I get one? I'd like to find a cable which is more durable. Thanks.

No after market cables that I know of. But maybe Alex could think of something...
Why do you need a more durable cable? Did yours break?

Jul 26, 2008 at 11:11 AM Post #1,163 of 1,423
I've had two break, same place, where the cable splits into two, the silver part. My Etys have been more durable, but I love the Sleek sound, so want to continue using these.

Jul 28, 2008 at 11:39 PM Post #1,164 of 1,423
Hi guys, need an advice on over-the ear way of wearing SA6.

My problem is that I when I loop cable over the ear, the cables keep sliding out from over the ear. I assume the Y-split should be positioned at the back of the neck. Does the bass port still face downward and cable is twisted up?

If I try position bass port upward, there is slight tug on the cable with each head movement, I cannot get proper seal and thing have tendency to slip out of the ear.

There's a pic on Sleek's website, but the angle is such that I cannot see how the drivers are actually positioned.

I'm using medium flanges, no problems with normal (cable down, bass port down) position, achieving really good and comfortable seal for several hours.

Thanks.

Jul 28, 2008 at 11:47 PM Post #1,165 of 1,423
I use Bassport down, but I keep the cable nicely tight under my chin with the Y-Split thingie, that way the cable stays behind the ear... May not be most comfortable tho.

Jul 29, 2008 at 1:08 AM Post #1,166 of 1,423
In order to use an IEM over the ear you need the strain relief to be stiff, so you can mold it, usually they place a section of hard wire inside the tubbing that covers the cable in that section close to the earpiece, and that keeps the over the ear section on position.
Otherwise is a waste of time, also consider that the sleeving of the cable is not designed to be in 100% of the time in contact with te skin that is why they cover that section, we have chemicals on the sweat that will affect the jacket, and make it stiff overtime...

Jul 29, 2008 at 2:01 AM Post #1,167 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lad27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi guys, need an advice on over-the ear way of wearing SA6.

My problem is that I when I loop cable over the ear, the cables keep sliding out from over the ear. I assume the Y-split should be positioned at the back of the neck. Does the bass port still face downward and cable is twisted up?

If I try position bass port upward, there is slight tug on the cable with each head movement, I cannot get proper seal and thing have tendency to slip out of the ear.

There's a pic on Sleek's website, but the angle is such that I cannot see how the drivers are actually positioned.

I'm using medium flanges, no problems with normal (cable down, bass port down) position, achieving really good and comfortable seal for several hours.

Thanks.

When I wear mine with cables over the ear, I insert them bass port down with the cable swiveled up and pointing a little forward towards the front of the ear. I'm pretty sure that's how they're suppposed to be worn. I leave the y-cord in front, but I guess you could wear it behind the neck too. The cables stay on my ears just fine but you may need to cinch the slider up a little, not tight under the chin or against the back of your neck but basically just use the slider to shorten the Y. I have to do that with my SE530s to keep the cables on my ears.

Jul 29, 2008 at 6:13 PM Post #1,168 of 1,423
Hey guys, i've been trying to find the post on how to tweak the bass ports to increase the bass, does anybody know where i can find that? I'd like to try it out.. thnx!

Jul 29, 2008 at 6:21 PM Post #1,169 of 1,423
Read my review of SA6, link in my signature. Pay attention to extra note on how to clean out clot in bass+ port - that is the mod.

Jul 29, 2008 at 6:39 PM Post #1,170 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Read my review of SA6, link in my signature. Pay attention to extra note on how to clean out clot in bass+ port - that is the mod.

Excellent! Thanks ClieOS! I'm excited now... hehehehe :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back