Sleek SA6
Sep 12, 2008 at 10:30 AM Post #1,186 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by kojebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love these phones but quality seems to be a problem.

I have had to buy two new cables for them (split cable), and
now the third is on it's way out. I haven't had any other problems though.

I enquired about the Klipsch X5 with soundearphones but was emailed with the news that they don't ship to South Korea.

So it looks like I won't even be able to buy a replacement cable for the Sleeks anymore, although they served me a couple of months ago.

It sucks being an honest international customer, especially when I bought them from soundearphones in the first place, and the transaction went smoothly.

How long did it take for the earphones to arrive when you ordered from soundearphones?

It's been almost 2 weeks and my Sleek has not arrive, I'm getting alittle worried as I took the free international shipping option.

Sep 12, 2008 at 2:26 PM Post #1,187 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by EEXO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's been almost 2 weeks and my Sleek has not arrive, I'm getting alittle worried as I took the free international shipping option.

Where abouts are you?

In the UK if you order anything from abroad that costs over £18 there's a fair chance that it'll be intercepted, and you might receive a letter telling you that you have to pay some customs and VAT.

That might not be the case for you, but it's one possible explanation for the delay.

Sep 12, 2008 at 2:42 PM Post #1,188 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by digivate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where abouts are you?

In the UK if you order anything from abroad that costs over £18 there's a fair chance that it'll be intercepted, and you might receive a letter telling you that you have to pay some customs and VAT.

That might not be the case for you, but it's one possible explanation for the delay.

I'm from Singapore.
Packages sent to Singapore are usually processed very quickly and without complications.

Sep 12, 2008 at 3:15 PM Post #1,189 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by EEXO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm from Singapore.
Packages sent to Singapore are usually processed very quickly and without complications.

Got mine directly from Jaben in Singapore. They are the dealer there.

Sep 13, 2008 at 2:07 AM Post #1,190 of 1,423
Got mine from Amazon almost two months ago and have been LOVING, LOVING, LOVING them. Went from Shure E2C's to these - large overall improvement in sound. Just when I thought they were great with the smallest tips and + bass, = treble, I put on the medium tips and did + bass, + treble, and these things get 100x better sounding. Creamy, thick, rich bass and smooth, attractive, perfect sounding highs. Excellent!

Sep 13, 2008 at 2:21 AM Post #1,191 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got mine directly from Jaben in Singapore. They are the dealer there.

Actually they were my first option but they do not have stocks. Uncle Wilson could not give me an estimation on when they will arrive. Can't wait so I ordered it from SoundEarphones.

Sep 13, 2008 at 2:22 AM Post #1,192 of 1,423
As you have seen from my many posts about the Sleek IEMs, I completely agree on SQ front. But again no word today from the folks at Sleek about my replacement drivers (second set so far), and it's been since Tuesday when I last received an email from them.

Needless to say, I am disappointed. Someone posting on another thread noted that Jason K was out for a few days, but even so, this is a relatively long time for me to not get any response from Sleek. And it doesn't make sense for an IEM maker, even a small, new one, to depend on its top guy to deliver customer service, and not have someone else fill the void when he has to be away. I am losing my faith in Sleek, I fear. I emailed the regular website address today, thinking maybe someone else (Mack?) would at least let me know if and when they had shipped the replacement drivers, but no response. I think Hurricane Ike missed Florida, so that isn't it, right?

I have patience, but I just dislike not knowing where I stand. The broken driver is sitting in a little plastic bag, waiting to be shipped out. Very frustrated at this point in the process. If these new drivers, when I get them, don't hold out, not much I can do about it but request another set. To be safe, I will probably use the SA6s sparingly (and the Images more often). That's not a good thing, but I am understandably getting gun-shy about using them as my regular IEM, based on my previous user experience.

Sep 13, 2008 at 2:32 AM Post #1,193 of 1,423
Maybe Ike missed them but there was still quite a lot of chaos there in south Florida. I imagine quite a lot of people evacuated just to be safe. The last Him'icane that hit Florida did some devastating damage. I'd image a lot of people were very nervous and fearful of this round of events.

Give it some time for everything to settle down.

Sep 13, 2008 at 2:45 AM Post #1,195 of 1,423
Get a set of UM2, you won't regret it. I see you've had UM1, but it's my understanding the UM1 aren't in the same league as these UM2. I can understand it because what I hear is very, very outstanding. These have every bit the smoothness and enjoyability as the SA6 and much, much more.

In 3 or 4 days time you could be enjoying them.

Sep 13, 2008 at 3:36 PM Post #1,196 of 1,423
Tom,

I apologize that you have had to wait for a reply. Although I check my PM's very often I did miss a few while I was off of work. I normally have Mack follow up and there was a simple miscommunication.

I understand your frustration but as you know from calling me personally in the past and calling David we are always just a quick call away. Because of this we are going to make changes on how others can respond to my personal email and PM when I am not available.

Your situation was far from the norm as you know and we have learned from it.

Thank you,

Jason
Sleek Audio

Sep 13, 2008 at 3:46 PM Post #1,197 of 1,423
Jason, this definitely the best customer service i ever see or heard off. seriously.

i am considering SA6 but the QC problems really unsettled me from getting it. Is there any ongoing measurements taken to reduce it?

Regards

Sep 13, 2008 at 3:48 PM Post #1,198 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tom,

I apologize that you have had to wait for a reply. Although I check my PM's very often I did miss a few while I was off of work. I normally have Mack follow up and there was a simple miscommunication.

I understand your frustration but as you know from calling me personally in the past and calling David we are always just a quick call away. Because of this we are going to make changes on how others can respond to my personal email and PM when I am not available.

Thank you,

Jason
Sleek Audio

Good on you Jason for clarifying that scenario and clearing it up
beerchug.gif
. You have the right postive attitude as well by stating you have learnt from any mistake on your part there. Good stuff!

Sep 13, 2008 at 4:01 PM Post #1,199 of 1,423
Thanks Jason. I might have been somewhat impatient, but not hearing anything when it isn't the norm started to work on my head a little. Look forward to the replacements.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tom,

Thank you,

Jason
Sleek Audio

Sep 13, 2008 at 6:46 PM Post #1,200 of 1,423
Whew, glad that went well, I hate that Ive been touting these little babies and suddenly mine break along with others then a customer service issue. After reading Jasons post I feel even better about the customer service.

Im sorry Tom you slipped through a crack but it sounds like they are doing all that they can to fix a mistake. Mistakes happen and thats why they are called mistakes, all you can do is try to solve the problem and learn from it.

PS The part where the treble tube inserts seems to have a small gap/split at the very end. Is this a potential problem? Im tellin you since my first one broke Ive been super babying these things, unfortunately Ive been using my SE530 for traveling and religated the Sleeks to full time office duty. Its too bad im scared for their life lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back