Sleek SA6
Jun 25, 2008 at 3:52 AM Post #886 of 1,423
No cable issues here. Just bad break, but Jason will take care of you. I started using Shure olives with my SA6s lately, and sound/comfort is very good, but be careful removing from treble tubes.

Jun 25, 2008 at 6:23 AM Post #887 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No cable issues here. Just bad break, but Jason will take care of you. I started using Shure olives with my SA6s lately, and sound/comfort is very good, but be careful removing from treble tubes.

Where did you get your Shure black olives. It seems Amazon no longer stocks
frown.gif

Jun 25, 2008 at 6:38 AM Post #888 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rastek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
frown.gif

Found some on eBay guys so no worries unless someone knows of a cheaper (better) source.:.

Jun 25, 2008 at 12:10 PM Post #889 of 1,423
Quote:

frown.gif

I got them from Amazon third party seller MobileCityOnline, $14.95 for 5 pair, plus $7 S&H. I bought two packs, but now they no longer have them listed. Amazon had one pack of mediums this morning. Idealsound on Ebay is usually reliable too, but someone on the Sleek SA6 thread says they were recently ripped off by Idealsound. Not sure how, because I've bought from them in the past and no problems at all.

Of course, there is always Shure, but I think they charge $19.95.

Jun 25, 2008 at 2:59 PM Post #890 of 1,423
I had cable issues also. However, my problem appeared to concern the jack plug and not the connections and/or cables that plug into the units. I had problems where the sound would cut off, or dramatically diminish, and go very thin, with parts of the sound missing all together, triggered with only a slight touch to and/or twist of hp jack plug in source. Then you'd mess with it and it would revert back to normal and then you'd touch or move it a miniscule amount again and it would go again. Irritating
frown.gif
. However, Jason informed me that a batch of faulty cables, exhibiting these exact symptoms, had been released at one point, and, though, having become aware of it, they had mostly been reclaimed and eradicated before I even ordered my set of SA6, I must of gotten one that had slipped through the net. I now have a new cable and no problems with it so far, though its only been a few days. I'm happy as larry with my SA6 and have shure SE530's on way! Love this audiophile stuff! What a world!
biggrin.gif

N.B.// Also got the shure olives/SA6 combo on the go and I'm liking it! Is it my imagination (cos they're balck) or does it make the sound signature produced that little bit darker? Just the right amount for me, if so!

Jun 25, 2008 at 7:06 PM Post #891 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got them from Amazon third party seller MobileCityOnline, $14.95 for 5 pair, plus $7 S&H. I bought two packs, but now they no longer have them listed. Amazon had one pack of mediums this morning. Idealsound on Ebay is usually reliable too, but someone on the Sleek SA6 thread says they were recently ripped off by Idealsound. Not sure how, because I've bought from them in the past and no problems at all.

Of course, there is always Shure, but I think they charge $19.95.

Hey, thanks for the reply. I was considering Idealsound but after reading their FB and what you mentioned about another Head-Fier, I think I'll go the safe route and pay full retail at Shure.:.

Jun 25, 2008 at 7:12 PM Post #892 of 1,423
What do you mean by their "FB"? I purchased Shure tips from multiple times, and had no problems every time.

Jun 25, 2008 at 7:45 PM Post #893 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by robojack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What do you mean by their "FB"? I purchased Shure tips from multiple times, and had no problems every time.

Hi robojack. I was referring to their growing list of eBay negative and neutral feedback comments. I realize they have far more positives than negatives, however, I just don't get the impression they care much about providing good customer service and support when something goes wrong. In the majority of cases, eBayers who have problems report a complete lack of communication from Idealsound and otherwise no help resolving an issue. Yes, many people like yourself have been successful buying from them, but the way you're treated when something goes wrong also matters to me. You can read their list of negative and neutral comments from the last 12 months here.:.

Jun 25, 2008 at 11:01 PM Post #894 of 1,423
Quote:

Hi robojack. I was referring to their growing list of eBay negative and neutral feedback comments. I realize they have far more positives than negatives, however, I just don't get the impression they care much about providing good customer service and support when something goes wrong. In the majority of cases, eBayers who have problems report a complete lack of communication from Idealsound and otherwise no help resolving an issue. Yes, many people like yourself have been successful buying from them, but the way you're treated when something goes wrong also matters to me. You can read their list of negative and neutral comments from the last 12 months here.:.

I've been a long-time customer of iDealSound/DiscountHeadphones.com, but those negative reviews are absolutely right: When you need to contact them, they're ghosts. I had a PayPal transaction go wrong recently -- leading me to be charged for an item 3 times -- and despite my repeated emails and ebay messages, iDealSound never responded in any manner whatsoever. In the end, I got stuck with 3 of the same product (luckily, they were just wax guards)...and I'm certainly not optimistic about the so-called 30-day return policy. To top it off, an earlier order I placed with them still hasn't shown up 3 weeks later. You can guess what iDealSound did with my emails about it: Nada.
cool.gif

Jun 26, 2008 at 4:12 AM Post #895 of 1,423
Hey epithetless. Sorry to hear of your problems with IdealSound. However I appreciate your input. It completely confirms my suspicions. I think I'll pass on dealing with them. I've had more than my share of eBay deals gone bad.:.

Jun 30, 2008 at 3:15 AM Post #896 of 1,423
I am a little new to this, and have only owned 2 good IEM's (Shure E2C and SE210). I noticed with both of these that the 'highs' can linger. Think the end of a female singer's high-notes will vibrate near the end, creating a harsh feeling. This is noticeable from a CD driven by my stereo. Is the harshness still apparent in the SA6's?

Jun 30, 2008 at 3:26 AM Post #897 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by Icaarus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am a little new to this, and have only owned 2 good IEM's (Shure E2C and SE210). I noticed with both of these that the 'highs' can linger. Think the end of a female singer's high-notes will vibrate near the end, creating a harsh feeling. This is noticeable from a CD driven by my stereo. Is the harshness still apparent in the SA6's?

The good thing about the Sleeks is that they are fully customizable, you can change the treble ports and get the high freq level that is best suited for you, they have 4 sets of tubes from extremelly crisp to more moderate...they achieve that using some kind of filters inside the tubes, so i do not thing you will hear this, at least I ahve not noticed any weird high freq performance on mine...

The only thing that remains a mystery for me, on how they sound weirdo in all IEM's I have heard are the handclaps, none of them gimme the feeling of being real....other than that the sound is very good...

Jun 30, 2008 at 11:15 AM Post #898 of 1,423
Quote:

Are you describing sibilance? If so, I havn't heard any sibilance of note from my SA6's yet!

Jun 30, 2008 at 7:43 PM Post #899 of 1,423
BloodSugar00:
Are you describing sibilance?

Yes, thank-you, and now I know what the effect is called as well.

Jun 30, 2008 at 8:48 PM Post #900 of 1,423
Quote:

BloodSugar00:
Are you describing sibilance?

Yes, thank-you, and now I know what the effect is called as well.

Cool. I'm fairly new to the audiophile world as well mate so I think i was just tryin to consolidate my own knowledge! Didn't mean to come across as rude or nothing. Anyway, the sonys (EX082's I think) that came bundled with my NWZA829 DAP had noticeable sibilance, at least for a while before they burned in, and so far I've seen nothing from my SA6 thats anywhere near comparable, if that helps any with your query. Not sure of my accuracy or credadentials in judgin this though cos, as I say, I am relatively new and fresh faced to this game myself!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back