Sleek SA6
Jun 7, 2008 at 11:52 PM Post #856 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's funny how intuitive the earphone-end-first method is to some of us.
tongue.gif
My concern with your method, BloodSugar00, is the strain all that tight coiling puts on the cable. Sure, it's fully replaceable and all...but I have no intention of replacing mine early.
cool.gif

Haha, yer I didnt get round to mentioning that in my last couple a posts but I suspected this may have caused the problems I had with my sa6 cable, as they occured pretty soon after i started using the case!! Still, its pretty poor build quality if thats the case, particulary as sleek provide their case with the intention of you using it! Yer I'm not a fan of this case either don't get me wrong
tongue.gif

Jun 8, 2008 at 3:57 PM Post #857 of 1,423
To other SA6 users, this is my first post. I post for two reasons, first to say I have owned the sa6 for 9 days, they are a replacement for my cx300's i used for 14 months befor the left bud died.

Second and most important, I beleave there is/was extra silicone at the tip of the tip restricting sound. It looks like the mold/stamp was not closed all the way and some silicone squezed out, right around the inside of the tip at the very end(that goes in your ear). Because it's clear and so small I overlooked this for 6 days. The hole size on tips varied from 2/3rd to 1/2half the size of the inner diameter of the trebble tubes. So I cut the extra away, and now I have the headphones I paid for. Wow is all I have to say!! The difference is night and day.

The SA6 owners here might want to check your silicone tips. Also I can't email sleek-audio.com (I don't have ms email) so i posted this here.

On a side note I am using these with my cowon D2 with custom line out, Go-Vibe ver.6 low gain(amp). The sound is amazing, these are the best headphones I owen.

Thanks to everyone that posted reviews and comments here, this thread was the deciding factor for me.

,Jay

Jun 8, 2008 at 4:21 PM Post #858 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by jayphone77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To other SA6 users, this is my first post. I post for two reasons, first to say I have owned the sa6 for 9 days, they are a replacement for my cx300's i used for 14 months befor the left bud died.

Second and most important, I beleave there is/was extra silicone at the tip of the tip restricting sound. It looks like the mold/stamp was not closed all the way and some silicone squezed out, right around the inside of the tip at the very end(that goes in your ear). Because it's clear and so small I overlooked this for 6 days. The hole size on tips varied from 2/3rd to 1/2half the size of the inner diameter of the trebble tubes. So I cut the extra away, and now I have the headphones I paid for. Wow is all I have to say!! The difference is night and day.

The SA6 owners here might want to check your silicone tips. Also I can't email sleek-audio.com (I don't have ms email) so i posted this here.

On a side note I am using these with my cowon D2 with custom line out, Go-Vibe ver.6 low gain(amp). The sound is amazing, these are the best headphones I owen.

Thanks to everyone that posted reviews and comments here, this thread was the deciding factor for me.

,Jay

Welcome to HeadFi, Jay!
Congratulations on finding and enjoying the SA6. I also find them to be a particularly good match with the D2.
But you made me curious about another thing really: A custom line-out for your D2? I never heard of one. Can you tell us a bit more?

Jun 8, 2008 at 5:38 PM Post #859 of 1,423

,Jay

Jun 8, 2008 at 6:03 PM Post #860 of 1,423
Jay, glad to hear you love the Sleeks, as do many of us here (at least on this thread). Also, interesting about the extra silicone blocking the sound hole. I use foamies with my SA6s, so was never an issue. But I just checked and the holes look fine on the flanges (I use them with my 716s, in fact).

You might want to hit the respond button (or quote button) to tell Kees about the customer lineout for the D2. Somehow your post got reposted, as you can see.

Jun 8, 2008 at 6:26 PM Post #861 of 1,423
That last post was a mistake.

The line out on my D2. I made a interconect of high qualiy (learned from here) from canare four wire mic wire, and switchcraft plugs. It sounded better than the cheap cable that came with the d2. The right angle plug that went into my D2 was putting presure on the jack. Fearing it breaking, I decided to make a peranent line out. Basicly a second headphone jack in the form of a 27 inch braided wire with a straght switchcraft black and gold male plug. The wires are soldered to the board ware the headphone jack is soldered to. The hole is half way between the top of the D2 and the headphone jack. Amazing goop is in the open area ware the wire exits the D2, to hold the wires from pulling on the sodder conections.

The D2 goes in the top left shirt pocket(with a small hole in the top left of the pocket that the line out goes through down through the inside of the blue caller work shirt) and the amp goes in the front left pant pocket. My D2 is used on volume 35 with flat EQ and no efects. I have used my set up for 45+ hours a weak for over a year.

Kees, you didn't say if your silicone tips are O.K. or not.

,Jay

Jun 11, 2008 at 4:11 PM Post #862 of 1,423
I have a chance to try out a new pair of SA6 so I swapped out of one side of the earpiece/transducer in my SA6 and exchanged it with the brand new earpiece for an A/B test. To my ear, the new earpiece is a lot more mid centric (and slightly muddier in comparison) than my well burn-in earpiece.

I believe someone has said it before (which Jason told him) that SA6 require a bit of burn-in to reach its final sound signature - I just want to confirm it.

Jun 11, 2008 at 5:59 PM Post #863 of 1,423
i noticed a slight improvement of sound over a few weeks of owning the SA6s. They do love power, so make sure you give them some love =)

Jun 17, 2008 at 9:56 PM Post #864 of 1,423
Does anyone by any chance have a pair of the small silicone tips that they perhaps don't need and could send to me?

I've been using these for only ~2months or so. One of them ended up getting stuck in my ear, and I had to get someone to use tweezers to pull it out. Ended up getting damaged, so now I'm just using a backup pair of headphones.

Jun 18, 2008 at 1:15 AM Post #865 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zero_99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone by any chance have a pair of the small silicone tips that they perhaps don't need and could send to me?

I've been using these for only ~2months or so. One of them ended up getting stuck in my ear, and I had to get someone to use tweezers to pull it out. Ended up getting damaged, so now I'm just using a backup pair of headphones.

I think I have some lying about, I'll take a look when I get home. PM me your address and if I do have some I'll try to get them out to you ASAP.

Jun 18, 2008 at 2:58 AM Post #866 of 1,423
hmmm...i never used my small ones...i will look around for the box, i think its in my car....will get back to you.

Jun 18, 2008 at 4:18 AM Post #867 of 1,423
Quote:

Sounds like you should use mediums. THe smalls are really small. I also have a pair I am not using and you can have them if you want. But that's the third offer, so you are no doubt good.

Jun 18, 2008 at 10:31 AM Post #868 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds like you should use mediums. THe smalls are really small. I also have a pair I am not using and you can have them if you want. But that's the third offer, so you are no doubt good.

Nah the mediums were too big for me. The smalls are also maybe a tad big too, as they were quite tight when inserting when I first got them. Been using my JVC HA-FX66 for the last week or so ... and now they seem kind of loose.

It was just after I had been using them for a while: they had gotten softer, and slid off of the treble tubes quite easily. I talked to Jason about this, and he told me that this can happen if oil/moisture gets inside, and to wipe down the silicone tip/treble tube with alcohol.

- Thanks for the offers for sending me the smalls! You guys are awesome!!! I PMed elnero, so I think I should be good.

Jun 18, 2008 at 11:26 AM Post #869 of 1,423
Quote:

It was just after I had been using them for a while: they had gotten softer, and slid off of the treble tubes quite easily. I talked to Jason about this, and he told me that this can happen if oil/moisture gets inside, and to wipe down the silicone tip/treble tube with alcohol.

Happens to me a few times as the oil gets inside the eartips, now cleaning the inside of the tips' tube is my routine. I usually pull the eartips out with my fingers before I wear my SA6. If the tips come out too easy, than it is a good indication that I should clean the inside first.

Jun 18, 2008 at 7:14 PM Post #870 of 1,423
Quote:

I PMed elnero, so I think I should be good.

Yup, I have a pair and found a small box to ship them. Actually I made the box, it's not pretty but it's functional. :p I'll try to get them out to you tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back