Sleek By 50 Cent Agreement... TERMINATED!
May 7, 2011 at 1:09 AM Post #16 of 24
I agree that Miles Davis doesn't belong on that list.  I believe I did read his family/estate does get proceeds.  The MD's and Coppers are the best sounding phones they make so I don't see a problem.  

May 7, 2011 at 8:26 AM Post #17 of 24
I could care less about someone's name on a pair of headphones.

The manufacturer can put whatever they want on their product.

May 10, 2011 at 1:49 AM Post #18 of 24
You guys can speak for yourselves, I had some hope that the headphone that resulted was going to sound great. I would not be surprised if 50 was not impressed with the sound from this more accurate headphone and called it off because of that. 

I thought they looked amazing. I hope this design finds its way onto the market somehow.

May 10, 2011 at 2:08 AM Post #19 of 24

Quote:
You guys can speak for yourselves, I had some hope that the headphone that resulted was going to sound great. I would not be surprised if 50 was not impressed with the sound from this more accurate headphone and called it off because of that. 

I thought they looked amazing. I hope this design finds its way onto the market somehow.

I hear Quincy Jones is for sale.

May 10, 2011 at 7:37 PM Post #20 of 24
I just had a quick read on 50 cent terminating the contract with Sleek.  Read a bit more and found out he managed to '"pump" up the stock price of the "sleek" parent company around 300% straight after his announcements on twitter that he had purchased their shares. 

I am not sure if he recommended his followers to buy the shares as that is illegal price manipulation but I am just wondering when he exited those stock positions :p  

Sounds interesting that he then terminated the contract.  I wouldn't be surprised if he made more money on those trades than his contract with "Sleek" was worth.  I am just speculating....

May 10, 2011 at 7:43 PM Post #21 of 24

Quote:
I am just speculating....

So was he!!  
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 17, 2012 at 7:09 PM Post #22 of 24

Quote:
Quincy may have his own line of headphones, but I've heard a few experienced audiophiles here like their Q701 over their K701/2. Even their K601!
This goes to show that at least Quincy Jones has more experience in the music industry and with AKG.
He's not exactly harming the hi-fi world the way we think he would. 

I'm a big Quincy Jones productions fan especially the music he made with Jerry Hey and Rod Temperton. I've been meaning to test out the Q701 and the Sennheiser 650 and keep the one I like the most. Im currently using the JH16s and dont find their bass overwelming so the 701's might not be my taste or I might find them a nice complement to the JH16 and keep them. Either way I'm interesting in listening to something he decided to put his name on being a huge fan of his production style

Users who are viewing this thread

Back