Sleek by 50 Cent, 2011 CES coverage
Jan 5, 2011 at 12:31 PM Post #31 of 133
Jan 5, 2011 at 12:32 PM Post #32 of 133
Jan 5, 2011 at 12:42 PM Post #33 of 133
Jan 5, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #34 of 133

Quote:
I find it so amusing that Sleek thinks that people believe 50 Cent knows a damn thing about audio. The guy was selling crack just some years ago! He can barely pronunciate "schizophrenia" and now we're letting him mess with cans?

Yeah, I know, the guy has absolutely nothing to do with them, all he does is post his "name" on the headphones and that's it. But still, pretty dumb.

And I loved that idea on the "New Beats by M. Jackson" xD

50 helped them integrate the crack storage compartment

Jan 5, 2011 at 12:50 PM Post #35 of 133
That ain't no mic...that's a built-in crack pipe...

Jan 5, 2011 at 12:53 PM Post #36 of 133

Quote:
That ain't no mic...that's a built-in crack pipe...

the soul deluXe E(lectronic) gaming edition comes with both the storage compartment and the crack pipe/integrated mic

Jan 5, 2011 at 4:12 PM Post #38 of 133

Quote:
Wow, if these headphones are the reason the SA7 have been so delayed I will be furious!

IDK, i was eyeing the SA7 for a while...now, I'm not so sure

Jan 5, 2011 at 4:30 PM Post #39 of 133

Why couldn't somebody other than a hip hop artist have a headphone line? (not counting the JustBeats or the Q701). It's not like I'm against hip hop, but it's almost a forgone conclusion that with such an endorsement you're getting a crap ton of bass and little else. The marketing wouldn't make sense to people, otherwise. They associate these artists with bass, so what else can you give people?

I'm not sure which artist would be a good fit. Come to think of it, most mainstream artists would convey a bassy signature. At least we had Miles Davis IEMs, and from what I hear they're not bad at all. Who's popular these days that might inspire a more balanced (or at least Grado-like "fun") sonic signature? I'm not up on what the young'uns are listening to these days. *You kids get off of my lawn!*

High-end Grados endorsed by Godflesh/Justin K. Broadrick - who's with me?!

Jan 5, 2011 at 4:45 PM Post #40 of 133
Nice...The Grado Godflesh Ed. 

I'd buy one.

Jan 5, 2011 at 4:46 PM Post #41 of 133

Quote:
I find it so amusing that Sleek thinks that people believe 50 Cent knows a damn thing about audio. The guy was selling crack just some years ago! He can barely pronunciate "schizophrenia" and now we're letting him mess with cans?

Yeah, I know, the guy has absolutely nothing to do with them, all he does is post his "name" on the headphones and that's it. But still, pretty dumb.

Now I know that you were joking when you wrote "pronunciate"...

But seriously, fiddy is the king of intelligent endorsement deals. He made something on the order of $75 million off of his VitaminWater (Glaceau) stock so perhaps he deserves some props.

Not that any of this reflects on the potential of these phones.

Jan 5, 2011 at 4:57 PM Post #42 of 133
these at least don't look as bad and tacky as any of the beats
i hope these do take off though, in a way that cuts greatly into monster's control of the high priced consumer audio market

but aghaha @ all the imitators who want a slice of gold rush monster started up

Jan 5, 2011 at 5:16 PM Post #43 of 133
Jan 5, 2011 at 7:12 PM Post #44 of 133

Quote:
Quote:

Now I know that you were joking when you wrote "pronunciate"...

But seriously, fiddy is the king of intelligent endorsement deals. He made something on the order of $75 million off of his VitaminWater (Glaceau) stock so perhaps he deserves some props.

Not that any of this reflects on the potential of these phones.

Yep, I miswrote "pronounciate". Sue me =P the thing is, English is not my first language, and I still typed correctly "schizophrenia" without wordchecking on google.

And 50 has no merit for the VitaminWater! Stupid people buying that crap because it has his image on the label have the merit! The guy is an idiot. I'm sorry, I should be politer, I should respect other people's likes, but he just is. I mean, did he use any complex marketing strategy in the Water? Did he studied the market, and made tough decisions? No. All he did was sing about hoes and crack, then a guy in a suit comes to him, explains very slowly how he can make millions by just putting his rapper name on the water and *shabam* the stuff sells. Right, give him props.

Jan 5, 2011 at 7:13 PM Post #45 of 133

Users who are viewing this thread

Back