Sleek Audio Sa6 Still a good IEM if I already have...
Feb 28, 2010 at 10:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Spawn

Head-Fier
The Sleek audios sa6 are on sale on Amazon for 140, but i already have the SCL4 and TF10s. Don't Know if I would enjoy them. Save my money or give them a try? I always loved the way they looked.

Feb 28, 2010 at 11:17 PM Post #2 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spawn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Sleek audios sa6 are on sale on Amazon for 140, but i already have the SCL4 and TF10s. Don't Know if I would enjoy them. Save my money or give them a try? I always loved the way they looked.

In my opinion, SA6 is better in some ways than SCL4 and Triple.fi, like musicality and overall tonal balance, so yes, I think they are worth a try.

Mar 1, 2010 at 12:36 AM Post #4 of 14
I've never heard the SA6 but I haven't found the E4(same thing as SCL4) or TF10 to be the iem to end all

Mar 1, 2010 at 1:31 AM Post #5 of 14
I preferred my SA6 to SCL4, but I prefer TF10 to SA6.
Are you looking for a different sound? What exactly are you looking for? It will help us help you decide whether it's worth the try or not.

Mar 1, 2010 at 4:58 AM Post #6 of 14
ability to tweak to suit the sound to your preferences is one thing, being able to justify owning another pair of earphones that are rather good already is another haha.

Mar 1, 2010 at 1:41 PM Post #7 of 14
Just a note, do make sure that the sa6 is a 2009 edition, with preferably the 2009 cables.
Otherwise, hopefully there is still warranty with sleek audio.

The sa6 are great for overall balance, clarity.
They are versatile and small, careful for their parts though.

However, if you are a listener that requires your iem to bring out tons of bass, then sa6 would be a no-no then, otherwise, its bass quality is good, quantity is slightly below average, but just nice for me.

Mar 1, 2010 at 3:13 PM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Junliang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just a note, do make sure that the sa6 is a 2009 edition, with preferably the 2009 cables.
Otherwise, hopefully there is still warranty with sleek audio.

The sa6 are great for overall balance, clarity.
They are versatile and small, careful for their parts though.

However, if you are a listener that requires your iem to bring out tons of bass, then sa6 would be a no-no then, otherwise, its bass quality is good, quantity is slightly below average, but just nice for me.

Perhaps, but its quantity is about neutral - it doesn't add any bass that's not supposed to be in the recording, nor does it take any away. I agree on the clarity. SA6 is about as clear as a headphone can get IMO.

Mar 1, 2010 at 4:21 PM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Perhaps, but its quantity is about neutral - it doesn't add any bass that's not supposed to be in the recording, nor does it take any away. I agree on the clarity. SA6 is about as clear as a headphone can get IMO.

Well, I am a retired basshead hehe.

I used "Slightly below average", as even though, me, a k70x user, find it acceptable, many more of my friends found it slightly bass lite, so I guess its best to add some "caution" around when recommending hehe

Mar 1, 2010 at 4:27 PM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Junliang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I am a retired basshead hehe.

I used "Slightly below average", as even though, me, a k70x user, find it acceptable, many more of my friends found it slightly bass lite, so I guess its best to add some "caution" around when recommending hehe

I see. Well, I agree with you that SA6 may have a bit less bass than your average IEM. I was just saying that below average does not mean lacking, so that the OP doesn't get scared away from them.
biggrin.gif

Mar 1, 2010 at 4:39 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by WalkGood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Save money and give another brand a try
tongue.gif

confused_face.gif

Mar 1, 2010 at 8:46 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by WalkGood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Save money and give another brand a try
tongue.gif

What did you think of the SA6 Walkgood? I value your opinion and would love to hear your thoughts on them. Also, has there been an abi review on the SA6? I dont remember reading it but I know you know more about what has been there then me.

And sure, you could save and try another brand. But I would put my SA6 against my SE530 and Triplefi any day of the week. But all for different reasons. To me the SA6 gives me the perfect combo between the two others without losing much. You are definitely losing some bass from the Triplefi and you are losing some midrange female vocal brilliance and a little bass from the 530 but the SA6 is very very balanced and adds the highs the 530 are missing and the mids that my Triples are missing. If I could only have one of the three the SA6 would be a clear as day winner for me. I wish they were a little more durable though but that doesn't bother me much.

Mar 1, 2010 at 8:50 PM Post #14 of 14
Personally I'd say save money for a custom instead of stepping to the side constantly
smily_headphones1.gif

I liked my SA6s although they did have a few problems (one driver unit broke and had to be fixed, one broke while trying to change out the treble unit, and I've lost a good half dozen biflanges which while comfortable are seemingly impossible to keep on the nozzle without gluing them on - something I should have done after the first few losses) but I've never had a second guess about my JH13s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back