Sleek Audio is willing to do artwork on ANY monitor (they have a printer)
Dec 17, 2009 at 11:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

mistertomlinson

100+ Head-Fier
I've been recently inquiring about getting artwork for my UM monitors seeing as how their artwork is so bad and the Managing Director from Sleek Audio responded telling me they didn't mind doing artwork for a competitor's monitor. I've yet to send in my UMs because they're out for a refit, but I hope to have them next week. I also asked if they'd be interested in doing artwork for members here and he replied telling me: Quote:

If you
mention it I have no problem with it. We are a company that's dedicated to customer service and making a great product... even if the customer is from another company.

They use the handpaint method and also have a printer for more complicated work. I specifically asked them to use the printer for my single color artwork and he agreed, only charging me $50... a very fair price considering I didn't purchase a pair of SA customs.

As you can tell from their image gallery, their artwork is much nicer than a lot of the other companies I've seen here. If you got UM monitors or are unhappy with the quality of artwork on your monitors, you might shoot them an email. The Managing Director's name is Scott Sauerbeck and his email address is Scott@Sleek-Audio.com.

Dec 18, 2009 at 2:26 AM Post #2 of 23
Here's an example of what they can do.

skulls-resized1.jpg

running-man-resized.jpg

Dec 18, 2009 at 3:02 AM Post #7 of 23
I gave him specific instruction on how to arrange my artwork and even showed him a PhotoShop mockup and he said they'd get it just like I wanted and looking at that MG artwork above, I don't think they'll have any trouble getting it perfect.

Dec 18, 2009 at 3:30 AM Post #8 of 23
Wonder if they can remove existing art then do new ones on the cleared space.

Dec 18, 2009 at 5:00 AM Post #9 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by aegid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wonder if they can remove existing art then do new ones on the cleared space.

I'm almost 100% certain they can. When UM had originally done my artwork, it looked pretty bad. Luckily, he offered to shave the faceplate down just enough to eliminate the botched artwork. He actually had to do this twice. I'm pretty sure it's standard practice among monitor makers.

Dec 31, 2009 at 3:27 PM Post #10 of 23
Hey everyone,

We have no problem doing artwork on competitors products for you guys.

Our pricing ranges from $50 for simple 1 color graphics to $1000 for complex multi-colored art work. If we have to buff off old artwork, pricing for a single color graphic starts at $75.

3D artwork pricing is based on what needs to be done. For example, the skulls were set into the top plate and the flames were lasered in then hand painted.

Jan 1, 2010 at 7:58 AM Post #13 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew C /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey everyone,

We have no problem doing artwork on competitors products for you guys.

Our pricing ranges from $50 for simple 1 color graphics to $1000 for complex multi-colored art work. If we have to buff off old artwork, pricing for a single color graphic starts at $75.

3D artwork pricing is based on what needs to be done. For example, the skulls were set into the top plate and the flames were lasered in then hand painted.

Can you give us some sample images of the $1k artwork? (If there has been people who done this so far
tongue.gif
)

Jan 6, 2010 at 8:23 PM Post #14 of 23
Thus far the $1000 artwork we have done we've been barred from giving visuals due to non-disclosure agreements with celebrities and athletes. Much of it though is done with engraved precious stones and others are completely custom designed multicolored artwork.

We do have a few on the table we are hoping to be able to throw on to the website sometime soon.

Jan 8, 2010 at 4:56 PM Post #15 of 23
have sent an email to scott and waiting for his reply
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back