Sleek Audio CT20: First Impressions
Apr 25, 2011 at 11:33 PM Post #241 of 303
Lol, it's funny how this thread still shows up every once in a while and people still fall for it.
rolleyes.gif

Apr 28, 2011 at 1:36 AM Post #244 of 303
I just received my CT-20's from Sleek Audio. Many people here have wondered how I could be such a ludite on this forum (since, if you check my profile, I don't own anything)  but that is because I was just waiting around for a product such as this. These IEM's are the best IEM's that I have ever heard, period. Fine, let the folks at Jerry Harvey have their way, but for those interested in the very best multiple 3 way drivers, look no further. My only other IEM is the Sennheiser IE8. Some people say that the IE8 has prodigious base but I have argued otherwise. IEM's can not produce bass that goes through the head and down the body, like true bass does, whether in a night club or listening to Bach's organ works in a church. Sleek Audio's CT-20 changes everything, however. For the first time in the history of headphone technology, I "feel" the bass rattling in my ears, literally. Not only this, but the mid-range is so full and the highs so sweet, that the bass does not smear the the rest of the dynamic spectrum. Full review to follow...

Apr 28, 2011 at 1:50 AM Post #245 of 303

L3000.gif

Quote:
I just received my CT-20's from Sleek Audio. Many people here have wondered how I could be such a ludite on this forum (since, if you check my profile, I don't own anything)  but that is because I was just waiting around for a product such as this. These IEM's are the best IEM's that I have ever heard, period. Fine, let the folks at Jerry Harvey have their way, but for those interested in the very best multiple 3 way drivers, look no further. My only other IEM is the Sennheiser IE8. Some people say that the IE8 has prodigious base but I have argued otherwise. IEM's can not produce bass that goes through the head and down the body, like true bass does, whether in a night club or listening to Bach's organ works in a church. Sleek Audio's CT-20 changes everything, however. For the first time in the history of headphone technology, I "feel" the bass rattling in my ears, literally. Not only this, but the mid-range is so full and the highs so sweet, that the bass does not smear the the rest of the dynamic spectrum. Full review to follow...

Apr 29, 2011 at 12:06 PM Post #246 of 303

Quote:

pictures. we require pictures. and they better be legit.

May 4, 2011 at 1:07 PM Post #247 of 303

Quote:
I wonder how these 20 drivers per side (plus crossovers) compete with a single dynamic driver of RE262 or any other top dynamic IEMs?

One driver and no x-over points are better than 19 x-over points from an electrical standpoint, and while it might not reach as high or low simplicity IS the preferred path.

However the small distance that the sound does travel into the ear more than likely reduces the problems you'd see in a speaker system in a typical room.

May 4, 2011 at 5:59 PM Post #249 of 303
Quote:
No one can hear above 30Khz, let alone 20Khz.

Which was one of the tip-offs that this was an April Fool's joke, for the date impaired...

May 8, 2011 at 11:55 AM Post #254 of 303
Wow.. What next, "80 drivers" per ear?! ..and at $8000!!!

I'm VERY satisfied with my custom MG6pro by FutureSonics! -Dynamic, REAL speakers.. and oh, Only ONE real speaker per ear needed.. Lol

May 8, 2011 at 9:59 PM Post #255 of 303

Quote:
No one can hear above 30Khz, let alone 20Khz.

It bothers me that you're using the phrase "let alone" the wrong way. It should be "no one can hear above 20KHz, let alone 30KHz."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back