Sleek Audio CT20: First Impressions
Apr 1, 2011 at 11:21 AM Post #47 of 303
This has to be an April fools spoof, albeit a clever and credible one.

What company would release an $8,000 IEM in the current financial climate which only fits folks with large ear holes?!?

Mind you, if they included an aural ear canal stretcher in the price, well then I'd be interested!

Cheers. 

Apr 1, 2011 at 11:22 AM Post #48 of 303
Sadly these aren't synergizing well w/ my Arrow 2G due to the output impedance's affect on the 10 way crossover.  I can't afford the $25 upgrade to the 3G after this purchase so I'm putting my CT20 up for sale.  PM Kunlun if you think $3500 is fair.

Apr 1, 2011 at 11:27 AM Post #49 of 303
Fantastic to see an iem finally pushing 30khz frequency response... and apparently the given specs are conservative! As a fellow fruit bat I've often thought iem manufacturers discriminate heavily against our kind and it's great to see a company finally attempt to rectify this. I'm also very intrigued by the 'aphrodisiac tone driver', which sounds like a revolution in iem design (on top of managing to fit 20 drivers in to such a small housing) - perhaps this will end up being the next revolution not just in iem's, but across the whole audio hardware industry!

It's just a shame I'm a day late on the special launch offer as I'm fairly short on cash right now and the 3% off would have really swung it for me, though perhaps I'll just bite the bullet anyway. Thanks a lot for the review jude and I look forward to reading your full impressions on this obviously revolutionary iem once you get your pair of CT20's back from being remolded!

Apr 1, 2011 at 11:32 AM Post #52 of 303
I can't believe we made it all the way to Page 3 before someone mentioned the date.  I have lost all faith in the readers.
deadhorse.gif

Apr 1, 2011 at 11:35 AM Post #54 of 303
april fools? right?

Please tell me those are photoshopped and not made for real; for the sake of the joke. xD

Apr 1, 2011 at 11:47 AM Post #59 of 303

Quote:
The CT20 does exist, the pictures are not mockups. Here's a video of them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDm1rSKNURs

If the CT20 does exist, then Sleek Audio is trying wayyyyyy to hard to differentiate themselves. 

If it's not an April fools joke, I will make it my personal mission to trash Sleek Audio on every single post I make. That's a promise. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back