Sky Audio Cables
Oct 2, 2019 at 12:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 197

Preachy1

1000+ Head-Fier
does anyone have any experience with Sky Audio Cables out of the UK? My budget is a bit limited, as I've exhausted most of my spare (haha) cash on cans. Their cables seem to be reasonably priced, and just curious to know if the quality is decent. I'd be using them with either ZMF or Audeze phones.

Thanks in advance.

Oct 7, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #2 of 197
No one? Well, I ordered a few pair, so I'll report back once I receive them.

Oct 19, 2019 at 12:59 PM Post #3 of 197
Just received from the UK. Seem to be well constructed. I’ll give a brief review after I’ve had a chance to try them out.
AC1B7E3A-CC5B-42F8-8673-DD522709B3E7.jpeg

Oct 22, 2019 at 9:10 AM Post #4 of 197
hi folks. Not sure that anyone is actually viewing or following this thread, but I just want to comment that Reece from Sky Audio Cables makes a very good and cost effective product. I received the two cables shown above a few days ago. Took about two weeks from date of purchase (from the UK to here in the USA). Both cables with shipping and now sales tax (ugh) came to around $110 USD. I won't make any detailed comments on sound quality other than to say that they sound just as good (or maybe a bit better) than the stock cables they replaced. From a construct and tactile perspective, they get a 9/10. Very light and flexible. The paracord wrap is a bit coarse in texture, but that really doesn't detract from the overall quality and value. In addition, Reece offers a host of options (connectors, splitters, and cord wrap colors).

Good person to deal with. I'm going to pick up a few more sets.

Cheers!!!

Oct 22, 2019 at 9:20 AM Post #5 of 197
Nice looking cables! I am curious what kind of wire is being used?

Oct 22, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #6 of 197
Nice looking cables! I am curious what kind of wire is being used?
From his eBay store.

hmmm tried to add an image. Didn’t seem to work. I’ll try again a bit later.

Attachments

• 0AB45022-1090-4D63-9A34-FEDEEAFF0D2F.png
    0AB45022-1090-4D63-9A34-FEDEEAFF0D2F.png
    205.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 22, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #8 of 197
@Wes S He offers either Litz Copper or Acrolink 6N OCC Silver Plated wire

@Simple Man I'm currently using them with my ZMF Eikon and Audeze LCD-XCs. I have a hard time distinguishing between minor sonic differences, and it's for that reason that I rarely if ever off up such opinions. My problem is that what I call my "sonic memory" is very short term, and between the time it takes me to switch cables, I really haven't captured the subtleties of any differences. I like these cables (and others that I have such as Toxic, Impact Audio, Forza) more for aesthetic purposes. And let's face it, the stock cables (both ZMF and Audeze) are pretty boring!

Oct 22, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #9 of 197
Thanks man!

Nov 4, 2019 at 9:38 PM Post #11 of 197
hi folks. Not sure that anyone is actually viewing or following this thread, but I just want to comment that Reece from Sky Audio Cables makes a very good and cost effective product. I received the two cables shown above a few days ago. Took about two weeks from date of purchase (from the UK to here in the USA). Both cables with shipping and now sales tax (ugh) came to around $110 USD. I won't make any detailed comments on sound quality other than to say that they sound just as good (or maybe a bit better) than the stock cables they replaced. From a construct and tactile perspective, they get a 9/10. Very light and flexible. The paracord wrap is a bit coarse in texture, but that really doesn't detract from the overall quality and value. In addition, Reece offers a host of options (connectors, splitters, and cord wrap colors).

Good person to deal with. I'm going to pick up a few more sets.

Cheers!!!

Hi, thanks for the mini report. Did you order thru Ebay or directly? Which cable did you choose, copper or Acrolink? I'm about to order for my new Focal Elegias because the stock cable is just horrible.
thanks!

Nov 4, 2019 at 10:32 PM Post #12 of 197
I bought the Silver cables through eBay. He gets them out within a few days or ordering but please be aware that shipping from the UK to my part of NY took about two weeks.
That said, I like the first order so much, I ordered two more!

And yeah, the stock Elegia cable is awful!

Nov 5, 2019 at 6:57 AM Post #13 of 197
I bought the Silver cables through eBay. He gets them out within a few days or ordering but please be aware that shipping from the UK to my part of NY took about two weeks.
That said, I like the first order so much, I ordered two more!

And yeah, the stock Elegia cable is awful!

Thanks for the info. Any microphonics with the cables?

Nov 5, 2019 at 7:55 AM Post #14 of 197
some above the split, but not very bad, and really only noticeable when the music if not playing (or at a very low volume). The only way I notice it is if I actually run my fingers up and down the cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back