Skullcandy
Dec 21, 2010 at 7:27 PM Post #121 of 137
Yeah...I just read all his previous posts...pretty funny and sad.

Dec 22, 2010 at 3:01 AM Post #123 of 137

Quote:
I again uphold the sound quality of the SK Pro. Although I have to admit that they would be no match against the similarly priced M50...

Your joking, right?

Jan 22, 2012 at 9:30 AM Post #127 of 137
tried out smoking buds today. my ears were ruined. and the guy told me that SC are the best phones around and that I don't know nothing about headphones cause I don't listen to techno. perhaps he listens to dubstep too.

Oct 25, 2012 at 2:08 PM Post #128 of 137
ummmmmmm. sound quality is very good for tweety kind of stuff. but for bass you just wanna kinda, NO. they have no real clarity either so youd want to probably get him the skullcrushers. built in subwoofers hard to go wrong on that. best cheap thing the skullcandy has ever done.

Oct 28, 2012 at 9:10 AM Post #129 of 137
IMO, the ONLY good product SK ever made is the Full Metal Jackets.  Granted, they're earphones and not headphones, but I love the bass that comes out of them.  The overall sound isn't too bad either.

IMO you should go to a better brand like Koss or Sennheiser if you want to get your friend some decent cans.  I own 3 pairs of SK headphones and they all sound terrible.  But, if you insist on getting SK's drop the headphone idea and just get some FMJ's.

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:46 AM Post #130 of 137
Unfortunately for this sight...most people here are prejudiced toward anything they have never tried. I have a pair of Aviators and I will put them up against any 300US headphones on the market. I have lost money on expensive headphones too often to buy them. I have been a lurker here for months and all the members here are too narrow minded to give anything a chance. I am starting to believe the people here are working with the manufacturers to advertise for their products that in my opinion are way overpriced. Buy what you want and enjoy music. Don't listen to folks on here that are narrow-minded. 

Nov 28, 2012 at 1:19 AM Post #131 of 137
I just won a pair of aviators, and I have put them up to my Senn Hd595s. The aviators lost badly. In fact, they performed so poorly I'm trying to determine if my unit is defective or they just sound this way. As to members on head fi being narrow minded, have you actually read some of the epic reviews members have posted here? Everything from comfort, sound, fit, finish and value have been discussed.

Also, due to the nature of music preference and "sound" preference, it's not unlikely that there will be debate as to how a particular headphone sounds. Unfortunately, skullcandy has a track record of poor quality and funky design over solid sound. If this does change, I'm sure it will be discussed on headfi before anywhere else.

Dec 21, 2012 at 12:58 PM Post #132 of 137
Quote:
I just won a pair of aviators, and I have put them up to my Senn Hd595s. The aviators lost badly. In fact, they performed so poorly I'm trying to determine if my unit is defective or they just sound this way. As to members on head fi being narrow minded, have you actually read some of the epic reviews members have posted here? Everything from comfort, sound, fit, finish and value have been discussed.
Also, due to the nature of music preference and "sound" preference, it's not unlikely that there will be debate as to how a particular headphone sounds. Unfortunately, skullcandy has a track record of poor quality and funky design over solid sound. If this does change, I'm sure it will be discussed on headfi before anywhere else.

The HD595 costs double the price of the Aviator. Besides which, the Aviator doesn't compete against the HD595, it competes against Beats and other "stylish" headphones.

I haven't heard the Aviator, however many describe its sound as good(not great). In the stylish realm though not awful sound is usually good enough for great success.

The Skullcandy Aviator Roc Nation is now $115 on Amazon. While I probably wouldn't buy one, at that price I could see many being interested in it.

Dec 22, 2012 at 3:03 AM Post #133 of 137
You're comparing a closed headphone to an open one. That's already a fail. If you wanna compare, it should be closed vs closed, open vs open.

Love how people are quick to jump on Skullcandy with improper comparisons.

I may have hated the Lowriders, but I certainly like demoing the Aviators, Mix Masters, and really, really like the Slyr. They are making great strides in making their headphone line legitimate.

Dec 22, 2012 at 12:46 PM Post #134 of 137
I have seen reviews of SK headphones improving lately and that with some models they're finally stepping it up some. I still think overall that they, like many other "stylish" brands have terrible/weird/childish designs and focus more on that than on sound quality.

The only one I've tried recently was the Aviators (previously it was some of their $20-30 on-ear and around-ear ones which sounded horrendous, worse than anything else), and they didn't sound bad, but they didn't sound like $115 headphones either. Maybe for $50-75 they would be worth it. Certainly better than most of their previous stuff.

I'll see if I can find the article but I did see where SK was at some audio convention and a few reviewers didn't expect much but were pleasantly surprised by newer models, and I think the SK reps had said something about a change in the way the company is handling their headphones now (more focus on SQ). I'll believe it when I see it, but the Aviators may be a step in that directly, if only they price them better.

Dec 22, 2012 at 12:51 PM Post #135 of 137
Their SLYR gaming headset is legit, I assure you. It's only $80, and they are a good headphone, period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back