Skullcandy
Jul 28, 2010 at 11:55 AM Post #91 of 137

Quote:
Lol I am 16 and I would never (or have ever) been stupid enough to buy Skullcandy products 
biggrin.gif
 Some teenagers these days...
beyersmile.png

Yeah, I am a huge Metallica fan and I decided I wanted the Hesh Metallica, as some memorabilia. My "nice" (they really weren't) headphones proceeded to break, and I had to use them as my backups. Horrible. Uncomfortable. Unbalanced. That's how I would describe them. At least the Metallica graphics look cool....

Jul 28, 2010 at 6:02 PM Post #92 of 137

Quote:
Yeah, I am a huge Metallica fan and I decided I wanted the Hesh Metallica, as some memorabilia. My "nice" (they really weren't) headphones proceeded to break, and I had to use them as my backups. Horrible. Uncomfortable. Unbalanced. That's how I would describe them. At least the Metallica graphics look cool....

I am going to the Metallica concert in November 
biggrin.gif
 My first concert was Lamb of God and my ears rang for 5 days straight afterward. In fact, they are still ringing. Who the hell likes music up THAT loud? I was the farthest away from the speakers and it was still wayyyyy too loud. 

Nonetheless, Skullcandy are overrated and over advertised and sound like crap. But well done on the advertising actually working. 

Jul 29, 2010 at 11:24 AM Post #98 of 137

Quote:
I am going to the Metallica concert in November 
biggrin.gif
 My first concert was Lamb of God and my ears rang for 5 days straight afterward. In fact, they are still ringing. Who the hell likes music up THAT loud? I was the farthest away from the speakers and it was still wayyyyy too loud. 

Nonetheless, Skullcandy are overrated and over advertised and sound like crap. But well done on the advertising actually working. 

http://www.amazon.com/Etymotic-Research-High-Fidelity-Earplugs-White/dp/B0015WNZ9K

Jul 29, 2010 at 1:14 PM Post #99 of 137
Skullcandy, Bose, Monster Beats. These are "lifestyle" products and are marketed towards the average joe, who enjoys an artificial sound signature as opposed to high fidelity. They are sold at Best Buy which says everything. 

Comparing these brands to head-fi favorites is like apples and oranges. They serve a different purpose. 

IMO, Bose is better than skullcandy and beats. But if I had to go to Best Buy for headphones, I would look at Sony, Koss, JVC, before the crappy overpriced stuff.

Jul 29, 2010 at 1:24 PM Post #101 of 137
I bought a Skullcandy HESH a few months back as backup headphones, I had been planning on buying a pysko audio for my main headphones, the skullcandies sounded so bad I though they were defective, the bass overwelmed everything even in tracks that should not have bass, everything sounded muddy(I even used that word before I even knew it was a real term to describe headphones), they were really bad build quality and they hurt after even one song(from the pads and the bad quality) even my friend who loves skullcandy couldn't agree more, I sent them in for a return and skullcandy refused and sent them back(so much for lifetime warrenty) and now my dad wears them at work, fortunatly one day I was on Amazon and chose headphones over $100 and forgot to click 5.1 or gamer, and now I have Grados and they are great, moral of the story Do not buy skullcandy. Too bad my friend is looking at buying them now even after what happened before, he doesn't notice anything in headphones except bass quantity unfortunatly.

Jul 29, 2010 at 1:31 PM Post #102 of 137

Quote:
Lol I am 16 and I would never (or have ever) been stupid enough to buy Skullcandy products 
biggrin.gif
 Some teenagers these days...
beyersmile.png

Okay...? I'm 15 and have a rational unbiased mind...your point?

Everything I've wanted to say has been said for the most part. Bose, SC, and Monster are probably the most over emphasized headphones here. They aren't the second coming and they won't kill you. Can we as a community grow up and move on? The under $20 serves its purpose in not sounding as bad as ibuds and work as cheap workout headphones you won't care if you destroy. I actually kind of want a pair of Heshes to mod the life out of to get good sound just to make a point. Anyone with a pair want to be nice?

And the main reason for quoting stang is...I thought you said Pat mutilated his K1000s. How much did they cost you if they still work? Or did he give them to you for free because his 14 year old girlfriend doesn't approve?
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back