Skullcandy
Mar 3, 2010 at 6:09 PM Post #46 of 137
I have not tried the sk pros, but have wanted to purchase them in the past. Now I know there are better options. I have heard favourable reviews of the sk pros though... if you want to purchase them, I suggest you pull a broken pair of skullcandies outta the dumpster, send them off to skullcandy for a 50% coupon, and get those sick looking pros for like 70 bucks. Then use the rest off your money to get some koss portapros!

Mar 3, 2010 at 6:12 PM Post #47 of 137
It's funny how sc markets toward the skating and snowboarding scene. Personaly I skate, and have variuos sc products from the past. But I'm afraid to use them skating because they're so fragile! Kinda defeats the purpose of getting skate phones.

Mar 3, 2010 at 6:38 PM Post #48 of 137
They do have a lifetime warranty.

And to the OP, it's the HFI 780's.
Quote:

Originally Posted by 11amaberry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's funny how sc markets toward the skating and snowboarding scene. Personaly I skate, and have variuos sc products from the past. But I'm afraid to use them skating because they're so fragile! Kinda defeats the purpose of getting skate phones.

Mar 5, 2010 at 12:52 AM Post #50 of 137
My dad got a Skullcandy set for my sister to replace a lost HD280. I had to hide a cringe when he told me, but the truth is she just won't know the difference. I stopped trying to help people make good headphone decisions a long time ago. It always leads to me looking obsessive and insane and the other party being indignant. Live and let buy stupid things.

Mar 5, 2010 at 2:02 AM Post #51 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by Superpredator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My dad got a Skullcandy set for my sister to replace a lost HD280. I had to hide a cringe when he told me, but the truth is she just won't know the difference. I stopped trying to help people make good headphone decisions a long time ago. It always leads to me looking obsessive and insane and the other party being indignant. Live and let buy stupid things.

Ugh, tell me about it. I let my roommate have the privilege of listening to my RS-1i a few nights ago w/ "Hotel California," and all he got from it was "the pads are nice" and "I feel a bunch of vibrations." He owns some crappy Skullcandy headphones, by the way, and when I listened to them, they sounded like bigger versions of what the iBuds sound like.

And then last night he and my other roommate were making fun of my headphone lineup, acting like I only own so many of them purely for cosmetic reasons. Pissed me off to no end, but I just sat there playing video games and pretended I didn't hear them.
mad.gif

Mar 5, 2010 at 2:27 AM Post #53 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Skullcandy are the bestest headphones, well that and Bose... you're all jealous!

I know. I sure wish I could afford headphones from BestBuy!

Mar 5, 2010 at 2:38 AM Post #54 of 137
Don't even think about it- I tried one of skull' phones (the expensive one, forgot the rest like name) and it sounds really, really, really HORRIBLE..

Let's just say that if you like attaching two speakers to your ears, you'll probably like Skullcandy's phones.

Mar 6, 2010 at 6:33 AM Post #57 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultrainferno /img/forum/go_quote.gif
biggrin.gif

+1

WIN!!!
tongue.gif

I tried the smokin' and ink'd buds and they really should barreled and compressed when comparing them to buds like the head-direct RE2s I have. I tried a pair of SCs and music was mellow and mended together (this should happen when listening to decent philip glass files
biggrin.gif
).

Mar 11, 2010 at 12:23 PM Post #58 of 137
the biggest issue i have with SC is the tragic build quality. They must use materials from the lowest bidder. O.K. i'm not going to shout about the SQ either, but the build quality is simply a joke.

Mar 18, 2010 at 2:56 AM Post #60 of 137
i'm really surprised by the quality problem with skullcandy. i had the ones called "Lowrider" and the only positive is what a beating they could take. i hated them so i didn't take special care of them, just threw them in my backpack, maybe even sat on them by accident, lol and they were tough. what finally did 'em in was when i wiped out on my bike, that just twisted the head band out of shape, not break it.

before i bought the ink'd for boarding, etc... i got the 'smokin buds' and quickly returned them because they had no bass at all, sounded like a muffled tin can. maybe it's just a quality control issue??
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back