Skullcandy the Icon (better than Porta Pro!)
Aug 23, 2007 at 8:48 PM Post #19 of 32
These are my favorite Skullcandy's. Notice the bullets in the the headband. Just screams style.

gi_cCore.jpg

Aug 23, 2007 at 8:55 PM Post #20 of 32
Wowsers. I've seen that picture before, but never a closeup. They really are exceptionally ugly. Bashing Bose and Skullcandy is kind of lame, but come on... when headphones look like these it's kind of impossible to resist.

Aug 24, 2007 at 1:39 AM Post #21 of 32
Style wise Skullcandy is great, if only they pay a little bit more attention to SQ since user tend to listen to headphone rather than looking at them all the time (especially when some of them ain't really cheap). NO, I haven't listen to the OP's mentioned model, but only a few other models.

Maybe this model does sound better than Prota Pro, but Skullcandy has made too many higher priced, subpar SQ models to even deserve a general recommendation here, IMHO.

Aug 24, 2007 at 2:22 AM Post #22 of 32
For the OP: I never heard the Skullcandy Headphones of which you are speaking. But if you are happy with them and think they sound better than the Portapros, and as a result you are now enjoying your music even more, then that's all that really matters at the end of the day. And hey, at least they aren't iBuds!
wink.gif

Have fun with your new toy!

Aug 24, 2007 at 2:37 AM Post #23 of 32
Koss>Skullcandy.

We should do a driver swap on Skullcandies.

Lets use Senn 555/515, and see if they fit...

Aug 24, 2007 at 6:25 PM Post #25 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple-Maniac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would recommend Skullcandy icons to everybody who are thinking about gettin Porta Pros.

See... this is why I tell people Skullcandy are best, but nobody listens. Maybe they can't hear my comments.
frown.gif

Aug 25, 2007 at 12:05 AM Post #26 of 32
If people think Grados are the end all be all headphones, and some people thing their rubbish, then why cant skullcandys be better the koss headphones for some people?

That being said, i would never buy sukullcandys over koss's only based on the fact that koss has never been idiotic enough to put bullets in their headphones.

Aug 25, 2007 at 7:40 AM Post #27 of 32
I dunno I never really thought of headphones as a fashion statement...maybe that's where things are migrating towards, especially with the ipod movement

Users who are viewing this thread

Back