Skullcandy? Seriously???
Feb 5, 2009 at 4:55 AM Post #121 of 202
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But I bet Sennheiser doesn't make anywhere near as much money as Bose or Skullcandy.

sennheiser: Revenue € 300 million (2006)

skullcandy: 2007 Revenue $35.7 million

nice try, remember sennheiser makes more than consumer headphones.

Feb 5, 2009 at 5:01 AM Post #123 of 202
I don't get how people can call them bassy when they're missing the entire lower half of the bass, going by their spec of 100Hz. But then again, I've never heard them.

Feb 5, 2009 at 5:18 AM Post #124 of 202
I was in class one day and some kids were talking about headphones and one said "yeah, those are almost as good as skullcandy"

I was going to go off on him about the quality of them but I had a feeling he didn't even know what I would be talking about

But I don't have much room to talk, I have used skullcandy headphones before. They do isolate noise very well though.

Feb 5, 2009 at 7:09 AM Post #125 of 202
Quote:

Originally Posted by KendiKong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A lot of people on yahoo answers seems to recommend bose and skullcandys. I went to a question titled, "whats the best headphone brands?", and someone replies "Skullcandy, hands down"

b3e0508b213d8d6de20a5be9b2ade0e5.gif

Feb 5, 2009 at 8:28 AM Post #126 of 202
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But I bet Sennheiser doesn't make anywhere near as much money as Bose or Skullcandy.

Actually...umm........hmmmm.......oh ya dcpoor..thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcpoor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sennheiser: Revenue € 300 million (2006)

skullcandy: 2007 Revenue $35.7 million

nice try, remember sennheiser makes more than consumer headphones.

if u read tech news.. Sennheiser has exclusive contracts with thousands of Musicians,producers,artists around the world..

recently Alicia Keys also started using Sennheiser wireless mics for stage performance.

..so u get the idea how deep Sennheiser has penetrated the market.

whereas u can read articles by Musicians who returned their Bose monitor speakers..and explained why they didnt like it.

Denon is also a strong company..they make DJ equipment like Turntables, headphones of course..then they make AV receivers.

if u go to parties and public events..u ll see lot of their equipment being used by backstage technicians

there is a reason why i look down upon Bose fans and users.
biggrin.gif

Feb 5, 2009 at 3:57 PM Post #127 of 202
I love this site.

I have already received a number of suggestions...THANKS (and I will respond to each of you guys with PM's).

I'm still interested in learning more from you guys on "what is missing" in the market...and what are the "ideal" technical specs for headphones?

Feb 5, 2009 at 7:28 PM Post #128 of 202
noise isolating grado's...

Feb 5, 2009 at 8:20 PM Post #129 of 202
What is "ideal" depends on the person, Dom. Just focus on getting the absolute best sound quality through true engineering and quality drivers and components, and make headphones that appeal to a wide variety of people (so maybe some basshead cans, some bright cans, some balanced cans, some fun cans, some super accurate cans, etc.).

Just don't enter the realm of "you can do better for the money". That's how a product reaches the all-time low Bose and Skullcandy have here on Head-Fi.

Feb 6, 2009 at 12:49 AM Post #130 of 202
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoDak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
those were obviously just designed to be worn around your neck
duggehsmile.png

A lot of their earphone housings look pretty cool, it would be interesting to see what would happen if some decent drivers were dropped into them.

or even sticking in an OFC7N voice coil cable from the W1000...

Quote:

Originally Posted by anti_arrows /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Skullcandys are nothing more than a fad to sell crappy headphones to preppy teenagers.

so true its just marketing to idiots, saying "oh these are the best headphones" and they believe the adverts, instead of doing some full on research.

I have seen a few skull candy, and senheiser cx300 owners, some i know. I walk around(don't laugh!) with my A900Ti, after all they're closed, yes i get a few funny looks, but ive had some people impressed with the looks of the titanium housing.

some have tried them, and had little to say other then slience and wow
biggrin.gif
ive had some of the skullcandy owners try and defend they're cans, i simply get out my corda 3move, and ask them to hook it up to the A900Tis
biggrin.gif

Feb 6, 2009 at 2:06 AM Post #131 of 202
They look foolish.
biggrin.gif

Feb 6, 2009 at 3:50 AM Post #133 of 202
Quote:

Originally Posted by Magnumxl711 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was under the impression that although Bose made sub-par headphones, their speaker setups and surround sound systems were supposed to be very good. Are they not?

these days, everything bose is subpar and overpriced.

Feb 6, 2009 at 4:12 AM Post #134 of 202
Quote:

Originally Posted by Magnumxl711 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was under the impression that although Bose made sub-par headphones, their speaker setups and surround sound systems were supposed to be very good. Are they not?

Here ya go; I used to have this in my sig area:

intellexual net · m k i v

Feb 6, 2009 at 4:13 AM Post #135 of 202
Yea, I purchased a Bose Sounddock after reading reviews- they're okay, nothing to write home about - overpriced for what you get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back