Skullcandy? Seriously???
Jan 28, 2009 at 2:27 PM Post #91 of 202
Quote:

Originally Posted by DW87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't even know they made ones like those until I searched them on google images - The first image to come up, lol

So what else could do with bullets?
Maybe they should start selling guns with earpads glued along the barrels in a neat little row.

Jan 28, 2009 at 3:02 PM Post #93 of 202
my room mate has a pair of skullcandy's that he's pretty stoked on, honestly they are the the poorest excuse for headphones that i've ever put on my head, actually made all music sound bad, a rare feat, couldn't wait to take them off after 5 seconds

Jan 28, 2009 at 3:16 PM Post #94 of 202
I'd recommend skullcandy for a laugh.
In the same way I tell the other storeman to go check out the lady in the purple top (off he goes, shes around 95 years old)
In the same way I tell people they gotta see "money train" that crap crap woody harrelson film.
In the same way I tell a drum student how to tune a cowbell (warm it by friction on your jumper)
In the same way I scour trading posts for pathetic ads for 5 dollar second hand doormats, ring 'em at 3 in the morning when the ad is 3 months old.
In the same way I look in big perspex barrells for a full raffle ticket I can see, ring the family, tell 'em to come get their new audi.

Jan 28, 2009 at 3:28 PM Post #95 of 202
its for girls...to scare off stalkers.

Jan 28, 2009 at 5:40 PM Post #96 of 202
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
u havent heard the worst that the world has to offer then.

I've heard that one of monster/dr. dre's in ears are about on par with the ipod earbuds

Quote:

Originally Posted by myinitialsaredac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
<--16 turning 17 senior in high school, go young-fi =P

only a junior, but turning 17 also =D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schweiz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Interesting post. You are incredibly thoughtful and well written for a HS student. Well done!

Thanks (I hope that the internship admission officers feel the same ><)

Jan 28, 2009 at 5:40 PM Post #97 of 202
Quote:

Originally Posted by EYEdROP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We should, no doubt about it, make contact with Skullcandy and especially Bose about this. I will make the effort to do so as long as other people in this forum will. We should all write emails to the companies. Better yet, I should make a new thread/open letter talking about a lack of a true high-fidelity flagship model in their lineup which is drawing audiophiles away from the products.

I am all for doing this.

Jan 28, 2009 at 5:48 PM Post #99 of 202
Quote:

Originally Posted by Emooze /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am all for doing this.

x2

Jan 28, 2009 at 5:58 PM Post #100 of 202
Quote:

Originally Posted by Emooze /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am all for doing this.

its a very productive idea.

i also support it.

maybe we can make a 'Bose suggestion' thread and discuss what we can advice bose on to do with their product range.

if they are passionate about sound..they mite listen.

Jan 28, 2009 at 10:01 PM Post #102 of 202
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
its a very productive idea.

i also support it.

maybe we can make a 'Bose suggestion' thread and discuss what we can advice bose on to do with their product range.

if they are passionate about sound..they mite listen.

I'm for it too. Now if only we could keep IDIOTS like the three on the bottom of page 6 and top of page 7 with the immature, useless bash comments. It has to be serious and on topic. A professional, intelligent letter to these companies.

Jan 28, 2009 at 10:14 PM Post #103 of 202
Reading this whole post reminds me of so many people at my school. They always come in with a pair of SkullCandy Smokin' buds and just automatically think that, because of the 'crazy' designs, they are automatically amazing.

My best friend in fact bought a pair of Bose On-Ear headphones and was very keen on them. (by this time I had not invested in expensive headphones, so I too thought they were rather impressive.) Since then he purchased some Ultimate Ears Super. Fi 5 Pro EB's and thought the world of them, which in my eyes was fair enough as they were a reputable brand. However since he purchased the above headphones I have become somewhat more 'audiophilic' than him.

He just recently bought some 'Dr. Dre Monster Beats,' he paid £200GBP for them rather than the £275GBP retail on Apple's website. To get to the point, he has not done anything but regret buy the Monster Beats; like most teenagers that buy SkullCandy's, he was sucked in by the styling. Although, with that said I do think the Monster Beats are very nice looking, unlike the SkullCandy's.

He is now thinking of selling the Monster Beats and has in fact asked me what he should buy
biggrin.gif

Jan 29, 2009 at 1:00 PM Post #105 of 202
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ear Damage /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Skullcandys are wonderful earmuffs for snowboarding. If you wipe out in the park, do you seriously think you'll cry over broken crap?

Agreed, I buy 10 dollar sunnys and lose them comfortably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back