Skullcandies that are actually good?
Jun 14, 2011 at 2:49 AM Post #17 of 30
ive heard the aviators , they sound pretty good.  

Jun 14, 2011 at 4:16 AM Post #20 of 30

Quote:
Yeah, where i live they cost about $250 which is far too much considering the sound quality they provide... From what i've heard.

250 OH HELL NO

100 dollar headphone.

Jun 14, 2011 at 9:31 AM Post #21 of 30
If your title is a serious question and not just retorical bashing, I'd like to say the SK Pro sound pretty good, probably one of the only skullcandy models that is worth its price.

Jun 14, 2011 at 10:45 AM Post #22 of 30
Just went through 2 pairs of Aviators.  The sound quality is ok, they are definitely light on bass.   The build quality however is terrible.  When 2 pairs of headphones fail within a week, no amount of dollars can justify their purchase.

Jun 14, 2011 at 6:11 PM Post #24 of 30
Skullcandies are precision-engineered to have a mean-time-before-failure period of 3 months 2 hours and 21 minutes, this is a calculated chronological interval with which they can extract maximum profit from kids and the misinformed and the (un)fashionable, with minimal complaint.

Jun 14, 2011 at 6:25 PM Post #25 of 30
Skullcandy are terrible. I've gone through at least 5 pairs of the earbuds, a pair of Lowriders, and a pair of Hesh, back when I thought Skullcandy was the epiphone of cool headphones. A friend of mine literally broke his Lowriders taking them off his head. The sound quality on the Lowriders is atrocious as well. They could handle very little, and weren't comfortable at all. 

Jun 14, 2011 at 11:23 PM Post #26 of 30
i found the durability on the smokin buds to be the worst. if you move the cable at the jack at all they will break.

Jun 16, 2011 at 8:53 AM Post #28 of 30
Generally, Skullcandys suck.  I found the Aviators quite good.

They're making changes there, I think it will show up as quality improvements over the next year.  They know they have a build quality problem and are seriously addressing the issue, from what I can tell.  They've taken all their design work in house and are enforcing much better controls.  Their Mix Master Mikes have been delayed about 6 months now because they found some quality issues in the headband and are fixing it before release.

LizardKing said:
Exaggeration: a simple way to make people stop believing what was once something plausible.

^^^This.  Just because you can attach a strong adjectives to words doesn't make it true. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back