SJY Audio Starry Night Planar Magnetic Headphone
Mar 19, 2024 at 4:53 PM Post #406 of 431
Another question regarding the Starry Night, do we know if they have double or single sided magnets? I would assume double sided based on their weight by I have a doubt...
SJY-Audio-Starry-Night-V2-driver.webp

Apr 28, 2024 at 2:11 AM Post #409 of 431
I changed out the stock pads on my Starry Night with the universal pads from ZMF. The sounds are clearer and the phones are more comfy. That’s a noticeable weight drop. I didn’t realize how much those stock pads weighted. The headphone doesn’t heat up as much or get sweaty like before.

Apr 28, 2024 at 11:31 AM Post #410 of 431
On the Horizon front, I did get a few screens that I can share. Production is coming along.

1000031536.jpg

1000031537.jpg

Apr 28, 2024 at 12:25 PM Post #411 of 431
I changed out the stock pads on my Starry Night with the universal pads from ZMF. The sounds are clearer and the phones are more comfy. That’s a noticeable weight drop. I didn’t realize how much those stock pads weighted. The headphone doesn’t heat up as much or get sweaty like before.
Been eyeing those pads. Which ones you get?

Apr 28, 2024 at 3:03 PM Post #412 of 431
I ordered my first ZMF headphone recently whit a couple extra pads to try out. I will try them on both my Starry Night and Moonlight as well. Do you use your Mjolnir 3 to drive your Starry Night? I still prefer mine powered by 2 x Gjallarhorns (pre-amping them with my Mjolnir 3).

Apr 28, 2024 at 3:16 PM Post #417 of 431
I personally love the xduo ta22 with the starry night and the moonlight with the apos ray tubes for the moonlight and my nos mullard tubes for the starry night
A tube amp in on my short list for 2025 purchases, lol. It will take the place of the Burson Soloist 3xp on my desk setup.

Edit: I was eyeing a Valhalla 3, but it seems that it is now on Schiit's back burner.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back