Six Moons letters
Oct 21, 2004 at 1:52 AM Post #61 of 137
The word "liability" is used so widely in this thread. What in the world could 6Moons be "liable" for? They posted a review.

Oct 21, 2004 at 1:57 AM Post #62 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by bln
The word "liability" is used so widely in this thread. What in the world could 6Moons be "liable" for? They posted a review.

same thing I was thinkin' ,But I'm not a lawyer and have no idea. There has to be some reason that letter is so vague and why would he post it now? Why not just wait for more facts if he did'nt already ,in fact, know the truth?

Oct 21, 2004 at 1:57 AM Post #63 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by bln

Don't ask me, I'm just a lawyer.
tongue.gif

Oct 21, 2004 at 1:58 AM Post #64 of 137
Well, I am asking you, especially if you're a lawyer. What could they be liable for?

Oct 21, 2004 at 2:05 AM Post #66 of 137
Looking at the full text of Sixmoons' earlier statement it seems they are clearly stating they want no part in any legal disputes,so the vagueness of the letter makes a lot of sense. If I wanted to say something without really saying it,I'd write a letter(or have my lawyer write a letter) very similar to that,even If I knew the absolute truth.

Oct 21, 2004 at 2:05 AM Post #67 of 137
Who did they libel? Singlepower, simply for citing claims made by other parties? The other parties, for citing claims made by Mikhail? I just don't get it.

Oct 21, 2004 at 2:06 AM Post #68 of 137
So here's a question.

Has anyone besides me actually taken the time to go and search the U.S. issued patent and pending application archives?

Just curious to see if there's any substance behind the random mud-slinging.

Oct 21, 2004 at 2:07 AM Post #69 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by strohmie
So here's a question.

Has anyone besides me actually taken the time to go and search the U.S. issued patent and pending application archives?

You searched? What did you find?

Oct 21, 2004 at 2:17 AM Post #70 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by bln
Well, I am asking you, especially if you're a lawyer. What could they be liable for?

I am not trying to avoid answering your question, although I am. I don't believe I should give legal opinions on this website. The following is a definition of defamation from a Florida Appelate Court. It has no application anywhere except in Florida, although, it could be similar to other states. I just don't know. It may be helpful, to read, however.

"...defamation (libel and slander) may be defined as the unprivileged publication of false statements which naturally and proximately result in injury to another. Malice is an essential element of the tort. In fact, without malice, either express or implied by law, no tort could result from the publication of a defamatory statement concerning another, however untrue it might be."

I just want to make certain that it is understood I am only posting this for educational purposes. I have no comment on what, if any, application this has to what has been discussed.

Oct 21, 2004 at 2:19 AM Post #71 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
I am not trying to avoid answering your question, although I am. I don't believe I should give legal opinions on this website. The following is a definition of defamation from a Florida Appelate Court. It has no application anywhere except in Florida, although, it could be similar to other states. I just don't know. It may be helpful, to read, however.

"...defamation (libel and slander) may be defined as the unprivileged publication of false statements which naturally and proximately result in injury to another. Malice is an essential element of the tort. In fact, without malice, either express or implied by law, no tort could result from the publication of a defamatory statement concerning another, however untrue it might be."

I just want to make certain that it is understood I am only posting this for educational purposes. I have no comment on what, if any, application this has to what has been discussed.

See what I mean about vague
biggrin.gif

That's a joke Ty,just tryin' to make a funny not a point.

Oct 21, 2004 at 2:20 AM Post #72 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuberoller
See what I mean about vague
biggrin.gif

That's a joke Ty,just tryin' to make a funny not a point.

Despite what you may think after the last day of posts, I can take a joke.
biggrin.gif

Oct 21, 2004 at 2:21 AM Post #73 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by strohmie
So here's a question.

I have been trying to but I am not a patent attorney so I am no better at this than anyone else. I will give it another shot in the office tomorrow.

Oct 21, 2004 at 2:29 AM Post #74 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomek
Really? That's funny, because to me it seems like what Sixmoons learned from this is that they should be more careful about posting product specifications and details without verifying them by inspection.

stereophile, and audio whose passing i much lament, routinely rip open units they test to confirm that what's inside is what's claimed. that's what audio journalists *do*.

what disturbs me about the whole kerpfuffle:

shouldn't folk who build and write about these machines be able to spot class A or class A/B or single-ended or push-pull by inspection?? i certainly don't claim to be an EE. but people who post that the machines aren't this or that have to be able to state why.

questioning the construction of the machine is legit, whether one is an EE or smurf. one msg did post pix of quality routing of another manufacturer's machine. i happen to have one of those machines, and can state that it is well built in all other ways.

folks who question the class status of the machine should state why it is not class A. they must state why the circuit, as wired, is not class A. they don't need a schematic. they should know. they should know the data sheet for each tube. this is not guess work.

if i've missed somebody's *why*, i'm sorries. but i don't remember seeing it.

(i don't own[ed] any SinglePower gear. don't like OTL.)

Oct 21, 2004 at 2:30 AM Post #75 of 137
You know,this is actually the most civil of all these threads and hopefully it can stay open. I think we can all agree that Sixmoons really,really dropped the ball on this one. I liked Sixmoons,especially for the music reviews,but I've lost a lot of respect for these guys recently. This fiasco and and the headache inducing writing style of the writers,is too much for me. I'll probably change my mind again later so don't quote me.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back