Six Moons letters
Oct 21, 2004 at 3:25 AM Post #91 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by sacd lover
Common sense, what a refreshing change.
cool.gif

You are glossing over the entire thing a bit don't you think. This subject needs a rest but let's not pretend it does'nt exist or did'nt happen.

Oct 21, 2004 at 3:36 AM Post #92 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by strohmie
In a thread like this, we don't need generalizations like "from all reports...[it] is trouble free" when the original thread with images was started by someone having trouble with the amp, and a few other reports have been made about the amps having specific problems.

Meanwhile, the concerns about the inside of the amp aren't in terms of what it *looks* like. It's in terms of its resilience and safety.

There are some important questions to be asked from this line of inquiry, notably the following:

1) Is the amp Class A? (this pertains to established claims by its manufacturer)
2) Is the amp single ended? (ditto the above)
3) Is the amp safe in terms of quality of construction and any potential shock hazard? (ie. what can happen of wires cross, etc based on the nature of the internal ptp wiring)
4) Is there a patent or pending patent based on this work? (as established by manufacturer)

This isn't a "light" issue that can be pushed aside by a general "this forum needs to take a chill pill." While there is plenty of witch hunting and groupy-ing going on, I believe that the core questions are important to answer for anyone who wishes to buy the amp based on its claimed design.

Yes, it sounds fantastic. Yes, the amp is ultra-quiet. But these are not the sole important factors in an amp design and in the manner in which it's advertised.

Just my two cents.

just a quick search reveils the following listed is one of the search terms you stated gave no results now ya can read the results and see if any are about this amp myself i havent the time however i would sugest that just because the terms you searchd for gives no results is no way indicative of if the patent is not issued and just exactly what is claimed by the designer in his patent applicatio would also help.
http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-P...FIELD2=&d=ptxt

Oct 21, 2004 at 3:45 AM Post #93 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuberoller
You are glossing over the entire thing a bit don't you think. This subject needs a rest but let's not pretend it does'nt exist or did'nt happen.

I didnt gloss over anything and I certainly am not pretending this subject doesnt exist. I commented that someone used common sense and thought this issue through. No attacks, no assumptions and clear points on what really matters. That was a good post that put the issue in a rationale perspectve. I agree, I dont sit around and look at the insides of my amp either. I listen to them.

Oct 21, 2004 at 3:48 AM Post #94 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by sacd lover
I didnt gloss over anything and I certainly am not pretending this subject doesnt exist. I commented that someone used common sense and thought this issue through. No attacks, no assumptions and clear points on what really matters. That was a good post that put the issue ina rationale perspectve. I agree, I dont sit around and look at the insides of my amp either. I listen to them.

Thanks,point taken. Sorry if I sounded like I was insulting you.

Oct 21, 2004 at 3:50 AM Post #95 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by ppl
just a quick search reveils the following listed is one of the search terms you stated gave no results now ya can read the results and see if any are about this amp myself i havent the time however i would sugest that just because the terms you searchd for gives no results is no way indicative of if the patent is not issued and just exactly what is claimed by the designer in his patent applicatio would also help.
http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-P...FIELD2=&d=ptxt

Let's get a couple things straight:

1) I stated that I was not done searching the patent archives
2) I searched the expression rotenberg-mikhail and rotenberg-m and received no results -- this is the proper form for last-first name statements in the patent archives. Patents are more often searched for by last name and always declared in full by last name, but the first name is either abbreviated or stated in full. However, a patent will *not* be issued with the name Mikhail alone or r-mikhail, etc. Last name is almost always included in intellectual papers and patents.
3) Yes, it would be helpful to know what the nature of the patent was, but no information has been forthcoming, hence I will search what I think might be appropriate given the item in question.

The point here is that I'm not doing "just a quick search." That wouldn't be fair to Mikhail. I'm being careful with what terms I use so that I can get through any results I find efficiently but carefully.

Oct 21, 2004 at 4:54 AM Post #98 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeg
You seem to be on the war path against Mikhail, and you seem to stir the pot over and over. Why this recurring aggression against SinglePower?

This sort of discussion isn't condusive to accumulating the facts in this thread -- if you see a post that you don't like, please ignore it. Likewise in general I think the posts in this thread as a whole should be kept directly on the topic of information gathering, at least until the other thread comes back up.

Discussion of the existence/non-existence of personal vendettas is useless.

Oct 21, 2004 at 4:55 AM Post #100 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
can I answer the reply above????? pleaseee

<<mutters something about tossing a toaster into the hot tub>>

Let's just keep this thread as clean as possible.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

no really let me answer...I have been holding my opinions back since sunday.......please

Do you have opinions or do you have facts?

Oct 21, 2004 at 5:01 AM Post #102 of 137
Quote:

some of both..hehehe pleaseeeeeeeee, well maybe I should it in cause I did start the other thread with the pics and all...hmmm

Oy. You can post what you want...but keep it slander-free or I will personally drive up there and pay a visit. Sound good?
tongue.gif

Oct 21, 2004 at 5:06 AM Post #105 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by strohmie
This sort of discussion isn't condusive to accumulating the facts in this thread -- if you see a post that you don't like, please ignore it. Likewise in general I think the posts in this thread as a whole should be kept directly on the topic of information gathering, at least until the other thread comes back up.

As far as I can see, very little in the way of fact collecting seems to be going on in this thread or the related threads. I'm sitting on the fence on this one. Since I've never heard any Singlepower amps, nor have I seen one in person, nor have I ever met Mikhail, I'm not going to draw any conclusions. I guess you could say that means that I'm not keeping on the topic of information gathering, but as I see it, there seems to be more supposing, guessing and rumoring going on in these threads than any real collecting of facts.

Incidentally, patent searches on the public UPSTO web site only show patents and patent applications that have been processed and made public. There is a whole category of pending applications that are not available on the web site.

-Drew

(Edit: Sheesh, sometimes I can't spell to save my life!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back