SIVGA SV021 — Impressions & Discussion Thread
Oct 24, 2022 at 5:58 AM Post #242 of 278

The unboxing of the Sivga Oriole. Is it the SV021 successor?

Oriole is the next headphone in that lineup, priced at $200. I have it in for review and I have to say that it is much better built and tuned than Robin (SV021). It is one of the most, if not the most, premium feeling headphones at $200.

Oct 31, 2022 at 2:35 PM Post #246 of 278
Hello,

maybe I am overreacting, but, what is missing from the pictures?

SIV1.jpg

SIV2.jpg

However, in what world is this acceptable? Also, sure, I get it local usps, there's no box, it's in a plastic bag. However, if I can barely get the headphones out of the mail, it's not a stretch of the imagination to think they must forced them in there. Why they chose not to put it in one of the larger delivery receptacles is beyond me.

Let's summarize. Full price, $159 after tax. Seller Sivga, fulfilled by Amazon, no manufacturers' box, usps crams them into a mailbox not designed for packages, in the process one of the ear pads came off.

So, what would you do in this bizarre scenario?
Apologies, was this a new purchase or used?

Fulfilled by Amazon? Contact the seller and initiate a return. Also let Sivga know that your unit arrived in less than stellar condition and they should rethink who fulfills the orders. That is absolutely unacceptable whether new or used.

Oct 31, 2022 at 2:37 PM Post #247 of 278
Oriole is the next headphone in that lineup, priced at $200. I have it in for review and I have to say that it is much better built and tuned than Robin (SV021). It is one of the most, if not the most, premium feeling headphones at $200.
I would agree. My review unit is in the queue and my initial findings are pretty darn good for the price.

Nov 1, 2022 at 12:32 PM Post #248 of 278
Apologies, was this a new purchase or used?

Fulfilled by Amazon? Contact the seller and initiate a return. Also let Sivga know that your unit arrived in less than stellar condition and they should rethink who fulfills the orders. That is absolutely unacceptable whether new or used.
Let's just say Amazon claimed responsibility and more than made up for it.

Nov 1, 2022 at 1:31 PM Post #249 of 278
Let's just say Amazon claimed responsibility and more than made up for it.
That's good. Amazon has a lot of problems, but customer service isn't one of them. Every time I've had an issue, they've always leapt at the opportunity to be much more helpful than I ever anticipate.

Nov 12, 2022 at 7:13 AM Post #250 of 278
I am listening to these headphones right now with goosebumps. Wow!

Meze 99 go home. These are easily a meze 99 killer. So smooth well balanced bass. NON BOOMY!

Nov 12, 2022 at 7:36 AM Post #251 of 278
I agree that the Robin sounds great. No way it is replacing my 99 Noir. The bass is a little wild on the Robin where the 99 is tight and controlled. The comfort on the Robin is outstanding, could wear these for hours without noticing. I like a darker signature and these fit that nicely. Just another fun sounding piece in the circus.

Nov 12, 2022 at 7:52 AM Post #252 of 278
Im not impressed with Meze at all. I see the 99 classic, nothing else than a fancy ear warmers.

We hear different I guess. Maybe its because of the dac and amp was different.

The Sivga is so organic and present bigger soundstage surrounding my ears.

Nov 12, 2022 at 8:50 AM Post #253 of 278
Im a big big fan of 021. The layering and soundstage is the best in class.

Oriole just released or?

Nov 12, 2022 at 2:09 PM Post #255 of 278
Yes, Oriole released a few weeks back. I'll have my review up soon. :)

I like the look of 21 better than the O.

I hope to read a comparison(review) of both.

When I have decided which one to buy I am curious if it is easy to get good quality cable for them with built in microphone(phonecalls)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back