SIVGA SV021 — Impressions & Discussion Thread
Feb 12, 2022 at 4:19 PM Post #181 of 278
Can anyone with a big head/ears comment on the fitment of this headphone?
Yes, they can.

My SV021 fits comfortably on my big head at zero notch extension of each stirrup. My ears are not especially big, but I like big pads with big room for my ears and while not as big as the pads I use for 110mm mounts, they are angled in all directions on the inside as you see on the outside, creating a fairly large opening. The pad material is also extremely soft and foam is quickly conforming.

Mar 8, 2022 at 8:57 AM Post #182 of 278
Very happy with the Robin. As soon as I received them, I connected them to my fiio k5 pro and the first thing I noticed is that I had to turn up the volume compared to the Verum, that is, go from 11 to 13. But as the minutes of listening passed, I had to reduce it, after a few hours I could already enjoy them by placing the usual volume level.

I usually listen to jazz and classical music. For the first, they are great in all aspects, nothing to envy the Verum. For the second they are very good when there are few instruments, but for very spectacular symphonies or themes (like Hans Zimmer) they collapse a bit, they lack resolution.

The issue of burning is very important, they need to loosen up a bit, at least 50 hours, after that time they have gained in definition, stage, instrumental separation.

Mar 27, 2022 at 3:23 AM Post #184 of 278
For me these really hard hit at their price. Very fun sounding headphone, so comfortable amazing awesome pads, potent and powerful low end.

Again that price sells these big time, what a bargain price on these - on a wooden H/P.

Yeah they're not TOTL resolving end game cans (a couple dips in frequencies I can't name) but they are close to 100 dollars and they are awesome at what they do.

Very good choice for EDM might I add.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2022 at 10:38 AM Post #185 of 278
For me these really hard hit at their price. Very fun sounding headphone, so comfortable amazing awesome pads, potent and powerful low end.

Again that price sells these big time, what a bargain price on these - on a wooden H/P.

Yeah they're not TOTL resolving end game cans (a couple dips in frequencies I can't name) but they are close to 100 dollars and they are awesome at what they do.

Hey, while I do feel flattered that you like my personal custom avatar, do you mind switching yours to something else so other head-fiers wouldn't get confused? :D I already had a few people pinging me about it.

Mar 27, 2022 at 10:40 AM Post #186 of 278

When you doing Audio456 and changing your display picture to be same as mine?

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2022 at 3:39 PM Post #188 of 278
We are good now - yes you have a great avatar.

... which was inspired by Breaking Bad and with a background of granite texture from our kitchen where I "cook" all my reviews :D

But anyway, back to our regularly scheduled program of SIVGA SV021 discussion :)

Mar 28, 2022 at 2:32 PM Post #189 of 278
Nice synergy with the Shanling settings at Turbo/Dual DAC. With lots of current these cans seem to appreciate/blossom with the headroom. No need for volume over mid-teens with the SIVGA's high sensitivity and gets lots of oomph with nicely mastered recordings with clean low end.

Shanling M6 Pro 21
SIVGA SV021 Rosewood
Sendy Audio 6N OCC copper 4.4mm balanced cable with dual 2.5mm

Attachments

• SIVGA Shanling and Sendy.jpg
    SIVGA Shanling and Sendy.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
Mar 31, 2022 at 3:23 PM Post #190 of 278
Has someone tried removing the black cloth on the vents of sivga SV021??
I've pushed the cloth a little downwards by a small earbud and whoa now the soundstage is better and the sound is no more muffled, the brightness has improved and even bass is very punchy now !! Loving my l'il mod on Robins !!!

Apr 5, 2022 at 2:07 AM Post #191 of 278
So i'am listening to the sivga for a couple of weeks, i like them alot but only with a little parametric EQ'ing.
Without the sibilance is to much, not with every music but if the music has some sibilance than its getting to much for me.
Still i'am going to keep the sivga's because i listen to them alot more than my other headphones.

If somebody is interested in de parametric (its a personal taste ofcourse) for my ears this takes away the sibilance a little and makes it a little "darker/warmer" its just a little "shave" so it wont change the sound that much, most sibilance for me with this headphone is around 5400/5500k and 7800/7900k. Before i forget i'am using USB audio player pro with parametric.
Analog bell - 40hz - Q0.25 - 1/2 db
Analog bell - 4400k - Q0.71 - "-0.5" db
Analog bell - 5500K - Q0.71 - "-1.7"db
Analog bell - 7900K - Q0.71 - "-1.7"db

Update : made a mistake it had to be low shelf instead analog bell
Low shelf - 40hz - Q0.25 - 1/2 db

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2022 at 12:51 PM Post #192 of 278
I'am loving my sivga but one problem i had, it was too big (I don't have a small head but still). So what I did was make a nice headband and made it so it holds in place by the two original screws(on both sides) the colour of the real leather fits the headphone nicely, and made the sivga even more nice to wear. Happy with the result!
20220425_184242.jpg

20220425_184144.jpg

20220425_184222.jpg

Last edited:
May 1, 2022 at 8:01 PM Post #194 of 278
These are so underrated. What a fun little closed back with quite the bass rumble. I suggest owners search this track below - damn, that bass!

The bass is a bit slow in decay and reverb-y but they really dig low and rumble when they want to.

These have a lot of bass boost down low in sub area. Can't think of another sub $100 can that can do bass and sub bass like these.

Song is called Tommy Four Seven - Armed 3, all sub bass and the 021 nails it.

Last edited:
May 2, 2022 at 1:17 AM Post #195 of 278
These are so underrated. What a fun little closed back with quite the bass rumble. I suggest owners search this track below - damn, that bass!

The bass is a bit slow in decay and reverb-y but they really dig low and rumble when they want to.

These have a lot of bass boost down low in sub area. Can't think of another sub $100 can that can do bass and sub bass like these.

Song is called Tommy Four Seven - Armed 3, all sub bass and the 021 nails it.
Totally agree. A couple of my favorite albums that also sound amazing with the Sivgas are Voyager by Moonchild and Strange Beauty by Hemai. Both records, especially Voyager, have been produced with special emphasis on bass and sub bass and the Sivgas just eat it up. These cans just bring a special joy with well produced modern Electronic Jazz R&B Funk. Not to mention well recorded acoustic music like Becca Stevens & The Secret Trio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back