SIVGA PHOENIX OPEN BACK WOOD DYNAMIC
Nov 15, 2020 at 9:52 AM Post #136 of 185
Im really digging these, pads and fit dont seem to be an issue for me. Super comfy and they are sounding great. Not hearing the veil talked about.

Nov 15, 2020 at 11:50 PM Post #137 of 185
Arge.... I got the new version pads to test out but I cant get the old ones off. I feel like im gonna break something with my big hands.

On another note, I love how tiny these are. Ive been running them balanced on my dap and they sound so good with so much head room with how efficient they are. They are same size as my m560's (which I love to death) but with a smaller headband.

So far everything sound great out of mine.

Nov 16, 2020 at 6:48 AM Post #138 of 185
Arge.... I got the new version pads to test out but I cant get the old ones off. I feel like im gonna break something with my big hands.

On another note, I love how tiny these are. Ive been running them balanced on my dap and they sound so good with so much head room with how efficient they are. They are same size as my m560's (which I love to death) but with a smaller headband.

So far everything sound great out of mine.
they released a video for the pads

Nov 16, 2020 at 9:26 AM Post #139 of 185
you have a link?

edit: found it on amazon, still cant get them off.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2020 at 12:46 PM Post #141 of 185
These just arrived. Fit is ... not superb. I've a rather large head but though they aren't my Fidelios or AKGs (both which I consider all-day phones) but they aren't *un*comfortable. Zero burn-in aside from listening. Very first impression was slightly veiled, prominent low-end, very very warm signature but with crisp highs. Considerably narrower soundstage than I prefer but the imaging is unified and quite good. Honestly I was nonplussed for the first twenty tracks I listened to but then moved to more acoustic pieces and, with some exceptions, they woke up. Then I put on Steely Dan "Aja" and things changed considerably (a good sign), which is where I'm currently at and haven't had the urge to take them off for 4 tracks now (another good sign).
I'll be spending some more time with these for the next week or two. Thus far I've driven them with nothing but my LG G8 direct and the tiny lil dd-TC35b USB-C DAC (Qobuz in both cases). My opinion is improving and certainly better than my experience with the P-IIs.

quick edit addition: You know what these hugely remind me of, oddly enough, are Blon BL-03s but slightly bigger in every way. The signature is quite similar.

Given how much I love the Blon BL-03s, I think I'd love these.

Feb 23, 2021 at 4:36 PM Post #143 of 185
If you're looking for some awesome experience, I did a review on the P-II, Should also review the Phenix sometime in the near future :)

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2...nd-sivga-p-ii-planar-magnetic-headphones.html

1614116199475.png

Feb 23, 2021 at 4:50 PM Post #144 of 185
If you're looking for some awesome experience, I did a review on the P-II, Should also review the Phenix sometime in the near future :)

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2...nd-sivga-p-ii-planar-magnetic-headphones.html

1614116199475.png
Interesting that you say the P2 is easier to drive than the SR2. Seems like it would be the other way around. You have me rather curious about this headphone now. I love the SR2. Is there any additional comparisons and contrasts you might want to mention? Keep up the good work!

Feb 23, 2021 at 6:29 PM Post #145 of 185
Interesting that you say the P2 is easier to drive than the SR2. Seems like it would be the other way around. You have me rather curious about this headphone now. I love the SR2. Is there any additional comparisons and contrasts you might want to mention? Keep up the good work!

Thanks a lot for your kind words!

A very close relative would be like saying that P-II is somewhere in between HIFIMAN He-5, Verum One, LCD-2C, and Sr-2.

They are not the most comfy of the bunch, because pads are not the smallest, but they are fairly comfy

What source do you have? I would suggest either something from Hiby or Lotoo for this one, so you can EQ quickly

they have a really specific impact in the mids, with a "p" kinda sound that is more pronunced than usual

Feb 23, 2021 at 7:04 PM Post #146 of 185
Thanks a lot for your kind words!

A very close relative would be like saying that P-II is somewhere in between HIFIMAN He-5, Verum One, LCD-2C, and Sr-2.

They are not the most comfy of the bunch, because pads are not the smallest, but they are fairly comfy

What source do you have? I would suggest either something from Hiby or Lotoo for this one, so you can EQ quickly

they have a really specific impact in the mids, with a "p" kinda sound that is more pronunced than usual
I use the Shanling M6 Pro

Feb 27, 2021 at 2:24 AM Post #148 of 185
Didn't have to be so aggressive, all im saying. We write in our style, might suit some people, but surely not everybody. Anyhow, we get a lot of great, beautiful feedback and i won't be moved by some aggressive dude on head-fi who tries to show his supremacy. At the end of the day, we all do what we like to do.

I agree it might be too "poetic" for some, that it could not meet everybody's expectations in terms of how the review is written. But you dont have to be such an.....well, ill skip that word. You know what i mean anyway. For me his reviews are WAY too long, and he clearly is not an experienced listener, especially in hi-end stuff, but im not crying about it, as i believe some would like this kind of approach. But hey, somebody just lack humility.

Feedback is great. We're not the best reviewers, sure. We have flaws, sure. We dont operate the highest, purest English, sure. But i see people nowadays just like to be aggressive and very, very envious. Well..whatever. We'll keep doing what we're doing cuz we really like it and we get a lot of fantastic feedback that is motivating us daily.
Props to you for reviewing at least. I have been learning Russian for two years (quite similar to Polish) and I am not even close to the level of writing a headphone review. A bit more objectivism would help us to really understand the sound because graphs don't lie.

Feb 27, 2021 at 2:27 AM Post #149 of 185
Yea, you might be right about all of that.

Hmm, need to look into this minidsp thing.

Thank you so much for your constructive and honest opinion, i always appreciate it 🖤
Andrew Park (ResolveReviews) also gives the sound quality a score based on price. If you review more headphones of the same price it could work really well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back