Singxer SU-6
Aug 15, 2023 at 2:50 AM Post #901 of 1,027
How about sell SU6 and get an Holo Audio Red?

Aug 15, 2023 at 5:19 AM Post #902 of 1,027
I also tried a Farad LPS with the Su-6 and found zero difference.

Aug 15, 2023 at 6:04 AM Post #903 of 1,027
How about sell SU6 and get an Holo Audio Red?
I need the RJ45 I2S connection on the singxer SU6 for my DAC, the Sonnet Pasithea, because that is the only way it accepts the I2S, and to my knowledge, the Holo Audio Red connects to I2S only through its HDMI connections which the Pasithea DAC does not have.

Aug 15, 2023 at 6:15 AM Post #904 of 1,027
This is a great example of the need for individual analysis in your own system. Unlike mgsu, the hypsos made a clear improvement to the su-6 in my system. Given the increased complexity and price that comes with adding another box, I wish it hadn't :frowning2:

Aug 15, 2023 at 6:30 AM Post #905 of 1,027
1. yes and no, Rendu is just a Transport, you still need your Macbook to stream to the Rendu. Of course you can use instead of the Macbook an lPhone with MConnect to stream to the Rendu via UPNP.

2. LPS does not make any sense with SU-6 imo. i tried it with Hypsos and noticed no improvement. Maybe Paul Hynes is different. Do a AB test and you find out.
I know I shall need to use my Macbook or another computer to access the sonic orbiter site in order to configure the rendu as a roon endpoint. Still it is the rendu that needs to be connected to the SU-6 in this scenario via USB in order to transmit the sound signals from Roon to the SU-6, and not the Macbook pro, and that is what I meant by untethering the Macbook pro. I want the USB signal to be sent to the SU-6 by another Unit,

I think you're right about testing the Paul Hynes LPS connection against that of the Stock SMPS in order to find out what difference the Paul Hynes makes, if any,.

Aug 15, 2023 at 7:20 AM Post #906 of 1,027
This is a great example of the need for individual analysis in your own system. Unlike mgsu, the hypsos made a clear improvement to the su-6 in my system. Given the increased complexity and price that comes with adding another box, I wish it hadn't :frowning2:
I forgot to mention that the AB test between Hypsos PSU and SU-6 stock PSU was done with a very good power conditioner in between and i noticed no difference between both PSU.

Maybe with out a power conditioner, the outcome would be different.

At the end, the outcome is system dependent. It is also dependent on the electrical connection of your apartment/house.

The best thing is to try it out by your self.

Aug 16, 2023 at 4:56 AM Post #907 of 1,027
I forgot to mention that the AB test between Hypsos PSU and SU-6 stock PSU was done with a very good power conditioner in between and i noticed no difference between both PSU.

Maybe with out a power conditioner, the outcome would be different.

At the end, the outcome is system dependent. It is also dependent on the electrical connection of your apartment/house.

The best thing is to try it out by your self.
I olso use a power conditioner ... is surely makes a difference and makes the LPS useless.

Aug 24, 2023 at 8:37 AM Post #909 of 1,027
Could someone please post the specs on the rectangular brick of the stock psu to help me identify mine among a set of PSUs I have here. I have been using a Paul Hynes LPS since getting the S-U6, and tossed the stock version that came with the unit into a box where it now resides among several other similar PSUs. Now I want to go back to the stock PSUs and I am having a problem telling it apart from the others issued by other companies for other gadgets. If someone can post the specs on the rectangular brick part of the S-U6's PSU or post a photograph of those specs on it in order to help me identify mine, I'd be very grateful. Thanks in advance.

Aug 24, 2023 at 9:11 AM Post #910 of 1,027
Could someone please post the specs on the rectangular brick of the stock psu to help me identify mine among a set of PSUs I have here. I have been using a Paul Hynes LPS since getting the S-U6, and tossed the stock version that came with the unit into a box where it now resides among several other similar PSUs. Now I want to go back to the stock PSUs and I am having a problem telling it apart from the others issued by other companies for other gadgets. If someone can post the specs on the rectangular brick part of the S-U6's PSU or post a photograph of those specs on it in order to help me identify mine, I'd be very grateful. Thanks in advance.
I guess stock one is 7.5v with around 3A

Aug 24, 2023 at 9:55 AM Post #911 of 1,027
This is :

Attachments

• IMG_1391.jpg
    IMG_1391.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1392.jpg
    IMG_1392.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Aug 24, 2023 at 10:32 AM Post #912 of 1,027
Aug 24, 2023 at 10:59 AM Post #913 of 1,027
Confirm same...

Sep 16, 2023 at 10:57 AM Post #914 of 1,027
About USB cables : The need to connect one's source to the SU-6 with a USB cable would seem to suggest that it is wise to choose that cable with care, unless the SU-6 has the power to neutralize the flaws of any USB cable, which I doubt very much. With that said, is there some consensus on this forum regarding what USB cables or types of such cables might work optimally with the SU-6? Kindly share your thoughts on this subject.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back