Singxer SU-6
Jan 2, 2020 at 5:33 AM Post #167 of 1,018
Jan 2, 2020 at 6:00 AM Post #169 of 1,018
Can anyone tell me the order in upgrading the drivers & firmware again? Moved to a new PC & trying to set up my Singxer on it.

From what i remember I need to download an older driver first, after that I need to download the firmware, then uninstall the old driver & install the newest driver?

Any exact instructions? The text file for the singxer firmware is very confusing:
2. If you use V4.45 version driver, please uninstall it first, then install the driver before V4.13, and install the latest driver before upgrading.

Jan 4, 2020 at 8:59 AM Post #170 of 1,018
I hadn't heard of the singxer units until recently. Am thinking of trying one out. Is it advisable to just splurge on the s-u6 and call it a day, or an s-u2 will be "good enough"?

I have a matrix x-sabre pro which has a i2s hdmi input.. Can I ask which i2s cable is recommended? Or just any old hdmi cable will do?

*edit: forgot to add that my main source of music is via Roon and play from Tidal and some flacs on my nas. I have next to zero DSD material.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2020 at 11:06 AM Post #171 of 1,018
A friend has a modified SU-1 and been very happy. So am I after splurging on SU-6 to feed a Gustard X-26. SU-2 is an upgrade to factory SU-1 but not sure how it compares to mod SU-1. So, pick your poison.

I2S cables: I've been happy with WireWorld UltraViolet 0.3m but never heard the friend's AudioQuest's Vodka which makes him happy too. Reportedly, short length is key for high SQ.

Jan 4, 2020 at 12:18 PM Post #172 of 1,018
I hadn't heard of the singxer units until recently. Am thinking of trying one out. Is it advisable to just splurge on the s-u6 and call it a day, or an s-u2 will be "good enough"?

I have a matrix x-sabre pro which has a i2s hdmi input.. Can I ask which i2s cable is recommended? Or just any old hdmi cable will do?

*edit: forgot to add that my main source of music is via Roon and play from Tidal and some flacs on my nas. I have next to zero DSD material.
SU-2 or matrix x-spdif 2 good.

SU-6 if you want to splurge.

Jan 10, 2020 at 7:13 AM Post #173 of 1,018
Just received the su-6.
Sorry if this has been asked.. The switches on the underside of the unit. They need to be flicked on/off according to the dac model connected to it?

Jan 10, 2020 at 12:45 PM Post #175 of 1,018
I'm trying it out with the matrix audio xsabre Pro. So according to the instruction manual, I flip switches 9 and 10 to On. Correct?

Jan 10, 2020 at 6:29 PM Post #177 of 1,018
Thanks man!
Flipped the relevant switches and everything looks like it is working as it should. Not entirely sure if I can make out a definite sound difference with and without the su-6, but if anything, out of the box it sound a little strained and closed in. Will run it in for a few days.

Jan 11, 2020 at 2:44 AM Post #179 of 1,018
Does anyone knows a transport that isn't laid back sounding? The U16 is a relaxed sounding, I don't know about the singxer.
I really appreciate the aggressive in your face sounding of the Topping D10 and amanero interfaces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back