Singxer SU-6
Aug 15, 2019 at 12:37 PM Post #94 of 1,018
For those already on driver versions just before this latest v4.67, you won't be able to update firmware because there is no xmosusbaudiost3086_dfuapp.exe file in the Singxer folder.

You have to uninstall all Singxer drivers and install v4.13, which they don't have it in the download page (can email support@shenzhenaudio.com to request for the file). This version recognizes the SU-6 and yet still resides in "XMOS" folder instead of the later versions that reside in "Singxer" folder which does not have the dfu app. You will find the dfu app in the XMOS folder with v4.13.

Run the dfu app to check and upgrade the firmware. After that, install v4.67. This will create the Singxer folder and remove the XMOS folder and yes, you will lose the dfu app lol....

Aug 15, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #95 of 1,018
Btw, I had a long series of exchanges with Shenzhen Audio for the past 2 weeks due to some random muffled sound problem with my SU-6. Although many emails, I'm happy that they have been very responsive so far. I copied and paste below one of my emails that more or less describes the problem. Basically, I discovered this when random PC boot ups produced this muffled sound. After a reboot or 2, or 3, it will be ok. In the exchanges with them, I have gone through the steps in my above post with numerous installing/uninstalling multiple versions because those versions mentioned were all not in the download folder. Finally, only to find that my unit is already on FW v2.21 haha... I did reflash 2.21 but the problem is still there.

In my test described below, I just unplug/plug the USB cable to simulate "new" connection. I hope I'm right about the HDMI of my unit. Now they have diverted me to Singxer directly... awaiting their response.

I just saw Singxer's website itself and v4.13 is there:

http://www.singxer.com/col.jsp?id=108

--------------------------------------------

I have recorded the video recorded from speakers. In the video, I unplug USB and plug in USB a few times. You can hear 2 of the times the music becomes total treble loss. There is also distortion at the 37-second point in the video until about 45 seconds. In the last time unplug USB and plug in USB, the music becomes clear again. Video in google drive below:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jg_k82-jy6nuhVwBrY-gKO08J93xGuiY/view?usp=sharing

I have also done some testing. Below are the details:

1) Tested with another computer, another USB cable, another HDMI cable. All have same problem. So this proves that it is not the computer or cable problem.

2) Tested with coaxial cable + HDMI cable connected at the same time. This means I can switch to HDMI mode or coaxial mode when music is playing. So I do this:
  • Listen HDMI, switch to listen coaxial. Both ok.
  • Unplug and plug in USB.
  • Listen HDMI, switch to listen coaxial. Both ok.
  • Listen HDMI, switch to listen coaxial. HDMI is muffled, but coaxial is ok.
  • Listen HDMI, switch to listen coaxial. HDMI is ok again, coaxial is still ok.
  • Listen HDMI, switch to listen coaxial. HDMI is muffled again, coaxial is still ok.
  • Repeat few times.... HDMI sometimes ok, sometimes muffled. Coaxial is ok every time.
This proves there may be something wrong with HDMI.

3) Then I tested with SU-1 again with HDMI. Unplug/plug in/unplug/plug in USB many times. All no problem. This proves that my Audio-gd DAC HDMI input is ok. So this proves that there is something wrong with the SU-6 HDMI output.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2019 at 1:41 PM Post #96 of 1,018
@samuelboy i had the same or similar issue a few days ago with Audio GD R7 DAC. I was comparing SPDIF and HDMI I2S by switching inputs on the DAC. A few times I2S was muffled, distorted, and even low in volume. SPDIF was OK. The SU-6 drove both SPDIF and I2S.

I just concluded the DAC could not lock on external I2S after playing SPDIF. Hmm... I could get good audio by just changing inputs and returning to HDMi I2S. No restart needed. A few times took several tries. Will monitor, thanks!

Aug 15, 2019 at 1:49 PM Post #98 of 1,018
@samuelboy i had the same or similar issue a few days ago with Audio GD R7 DAC. I was comparing SPDIF and HDMI I2S by switching inputs on the DAC. A few times I2S was muffled, distorted, and even low in volume. SPDIF was OK. The SU-6 drove both SPDIF and I2S.

I just concluded the DAC could not lock on external I2S after playing SPDIF. Hmm... I could get good audio by just changing inputs and returning to HDMi I2S. No restart needed. A few times took several tries. Will monitor, thanks!

Wow sounds exactly like what I'm experiencing. Mine is the M7 Singularity. I did toggle between SPDIF and I2S several times but the I2S remained muffled if that session was muffled... until i unplug/plug USB once or 2/3x to get back normal sound on I2S.

Aug 16, 2019 at 3:25 AM Post #100 of 1,018
For those already on driver versions just before this latest v4.67, you won't be able to update firmware because there is no xmosusbaudiost3086_dfuapp.exe file in the Singxer folder.

You have to uninstall all Singxer drivers and install v4.13, which they don't have it in the download page (can email support@shenzhenaudio.com to request for the file). This version recognizes the SU-6 and yet still resides in "XMOS" folder instead of the later versions that reside in "Singxer" folder which does not have the dfu app. You will find the dfu app in the XMOS folder with v4.13.

Run the dfu app to check and upgrade the firmware. After that, install v4.67. This will create the Singxer folder and remove the XMOS folder and yes, you will lose the dfu app lol....

Huh????
I installed the latest driver & all of a sudden, my firmware for the Singxer is gone. In fact I have no longer have a XMOS or Singxer folders anywhere in my Program Files folders after upgrading the driver!

So I have to uninstall the latest driver I just installed? Reinstall a driver before v4.13 & THEN I get the Singxer folder, where I can then select to upgrade the latest firmware.... afterwards I then upgrade to the latest driver?????????

But I already had the latest firmware & when I updated to the latest driver, it deleted everything. What.

How confusing is Singxer making this!

Aug 16, 2019 at 4:29 AM Post #102 of 1,018
Huh????
I installed the latest driver & all of a sudden, my firmware for the Singxer is gone. In fact I have no longer have a XMOS or Singxer folders anywhere in my Program Files folders after upgrading the driver!

So I have to uninstall the latest driver I just installed? Reinstall a driver before v4.13 & THEN I get the Singxer folder, where I can then select to upgrade the latest firmware.... afterwards I then upgrade to the latest driver?????????

But I already had the latest firmware & when I updated to the latest driver, it deleted everything. What.

How confusing is Singxer making this!

It's really not confusing, you need the GENERAL xmos driver to flash firmware via dfu app (this is due to licensing issue probably)
after that you can install the SINGXER driver again.

That's it.

Aug 16, 2019 at 8:30 AM Post #103 of 1,018
Just to be clear, to flash firmware u first install using a windows PC xmos driver old version of 2016 v3.20.0 (as per instructions) as found in this link below, correct? (desinstal before that any windows xmos driver newer version + disable driver signature verification) :

https://download.shenzhenaudio.com/Singxer/Singxer-USB-Audio-Class2-Driver/USB Audio 2.0 Driver/

Then you go to XMOS directory and u find the application to flash the firmware new version (and also to know which version firmware is installed...).

If you listen to music using windows OS then u have to install after that windows newest usb audio driver version v.4.67 of august 2019: https://download.shenzhenaudio.com/Singxer/
Otherwise you dont need.

Is all that correct?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back