Singxer SA-1 / Balanced Amplifier Fully Discrete Class A - beyond THX 888 ?!
May 14, 2021 at 12:38 PM Post #916 of 2,563
May 14, 2021 at 12:44 PM Post #917 of 2,563
I don't find Zeos particularly informative lol, it's more a hype-free maker than anything else imho :joy:

1621010679519.png

Last edited:
May 14, 2021 at 1:00 PM Post #919 of 2,563

Another review. This time from Soundnews. Watched a few of his previous reviews and like his work.

May 14, 2021 at 1:01 PM Post #920 of 2,563
This guy is boring and comments things no one really bothers. Also, what the hell is the deal with always talking about how much powerful is a headphone amp?? it's for headphones, it is 100 times less powerful than speaker amp. It is extremely easy to make a powerful headphone amp. Susvara users know what they need already anyways. Boring.

May 14, 2021 at 1:58 PM Post #921 of 2,563

Another review. This time from Soundnews. Watched a few of his previous reviews and like his work.

Absolutely. I think he does great reviews with focus on things that not every reviewer does...

May 15, 2021 at 4:21 AM Post #922 of 2,563
I will probably buy an XLR for my HD800, thank you for letting me know.
I had a play with both SE and XLR. I can't properly volume match just try and match the volume as best i can.

My unit started to stabilise now so..

Dan Clarks Ether 2 have Fast change Hirose connects but it does take 30 seconds + to swap cables. From Dans premium SE 6.35mm to the custom XLR from Forza Noir a few years old..

As best i can tell with my equipment and ears..yes. not a simple sideways extension more circular in shape and a touch more width/ diameter 🙂. Id say the layering is also a touch better.

Take this with a pinch of salt but ill be keeping the XLRs in my case.

Custom cable makers Charge premium but there should be more off the shelf options for Senns.

I hope this helps my friend

David 🙂👍

May 15, 2021 at 4:53 AM Post #923 of 2,563
A few days in my and my unit is started to settle. I added custom fuse but even before the first thing i thought was what have i done.. i have to send this back. Everything sounded wrong compressed and the opposite of all the descriptions here.
Bass sound coming upward next to my ears, drowing out the mids and highs fighting the bass from the top down. Like someone had taken a speaker apart and put it in wrong directions.
Thank god thats ok now, i am getting so much more separation width and spatial cues all the good stuff...insert trope here...

Is it better than i had ..yes do i like it so far yes.... my EDM sounds a touch bass heavy and missing a bit of extra high frequency sparkle. Judging from the reviews and thoughts here is about right. My cans are mid range experts and the SA1 is smooth.

As i said early days, i could only find one jumper to try the mod so still waiting for my Chinese delivery.

Ive another week before i can really make an informed decision.... i put the new Justin bieber song on for the wife as its here new favourite and got the thumbs up as it sound right.... Who needs youtube experts huh..

I hope theres more to come with the SA1 as it settles in more, i am really liking it so far and happy i bought it. Not a semi hyped flavour of the month but a solid purchase i can live with for a few years.

Apologies i do ramble on too much but try and add back to the community thats helped me so many times...

Random guy
Dave 🙂

May 15, 2021 at 8:49 AM Post #924 of 2,563
Got mine today with the usual fast and excellent service from Shenzhenaudio.

I am rather puzzled by the volume. In high gain, low Z and XLR in from my SU-9 mode the wheel needs to be at 4 o'clock position with my Arya (balanced) and 3 for ADX5000 (unbalanced) and I do not listen that loud. The Violectric V200 which this was meant to replace had to be at 12 position. At 1 o'clock would be already too much.

Is that possible?

Last edited:
May 15, 2021 at 9:11 AM Post #925 of 2,563

I am rather puzzled by the volume. In high gain, low Z and XLR in from my SU-9 mode the wheel needs to be at 4 o'clock position and I do not listen that loud. The Violectric V200 which this was meant to replace had to be at 12 position. At 1 o'clock would be already too much.

Is that possible?
Yes, the pot is very exponential. If you want loud, you have to go 3 o'clock minimum.

May 15, 2021 at 9:48 AM Post #926 of 2,563

I am rather puzzled by the volume. In high gain, low Z and XLR in from my SU-9 mode the wheel needs to be at 4 o'clock position with my Arya (balanced) and 3 for ADX5000 (unbalanced) and I do not listen that loud. The Violectric V200 which this was meant to replace had to be at 12 position. At 1 o'clock would be already too much.

Is that possible?
Yes, it's a normal condition on arrival. Now you'll have to burn it in for several days. And then it will get louder. joseG86 already talked about it here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sin...e-class-a-beyond-thx-888.952074/post-16319349

May 15, 2021 at 12:47 PM Post #928 of 2,563
It gets louder if you change from SE headphone to the same headphone with a balanced cable, then i gets very louder. Then, it doesnt get much louder really, you get used to the pot, you crank it more because it is a very very exponential pot. So if you compare it with another amp with the exact same power and DB at max, if you volume mathc, this one would be at 3 when the other would be at 12... but again, at 6 o´clock they would be the same... very exponential pot. Passion for sound explained it very very well on his video.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back