Singxer SA-1 / Balanced Amplifier Fully Discrete Class A - beyond THX 888 ?!
Mar 19, 2021 at 8:30 PM Post #151 of 2,563
:) I would be very interested to hear the comparison between SA-1 and Soloist 3x.
I think somebody spoke about this comparison in post #59 of this thread. He ranked the Burson above the Singxer.

Mar 20, 2021 at 8:43 AM Post #153 of 2,563
I am thinking to do the same, wonder who has better customer service (in case of anything) - audiophonics.fr (I've read a post that its pretty bad in terms of customer service) or magnahifi.com (haven't heard anything yet).

Mar 20, 2021 at 8:50 AM Post #154 of 2,563
I think somebody spoke about this comparison in post #59 of this thread. He ranked the Burson above the Singxer.
I feel like the next Burson product will be even better, fixing all those quirks (hopefully) :) for the time being I guess I am going to get SA-1 and in a year or two upgrade to something more sophisticated.

Mar 20, 2021 at 9:18 AM Post #155 of 2,563
I am thinking to do the same, wonder who has better customer service (in case of anything) - audiophonics.fr (I've read a post that its pretty bad in terms of customer service) or magnahifi.com (haven't heard anything yet).
I bought several products from Audiophonics (Hifiman headphone, Topping D90 ...) and I never had any problems.

The point is that you can order the SA-1 and the Burson Soloist and return the one you like the least

Mar 20, 2021 at 9:46 AM Post #156 of 2,563
Yeah, the Burson Soloist 3x and Singxer SA-1 seem to be topping my list, as I'm researching solid state headphone amps. For me, I'm listening to my music at fairly low dB. In fact, I just used a spectrum analyzer app and noted my comfortable listening level on my ZMF Auteur is about 60 dB. I'm currently using a DAC/amp combo unit (RME) and I'm REALLY curious if a separate and dedicated headphone amp, like the Singxer, would add to my experience. I would imagine yes, as many Burson owners have stated staging, separation, and other intangibles are there.

Mar 20, 2021 at 9:51 AM Post #157 of 2,563
I bought several products from Audiophonics (Hifiman headphone, Topping D90 ...) and I never had any problems.

The point is that you can order the SA-1 and the Burson Soloist and return the one you like the least
Have you ever tried to return an item bought from Audiophonics? Was it easy process?

It would be actually cool do to this way and find out myself which one I would prefer. Though in the beginning it seemed it might be a risky thing to do, from audiophonics return policy:
Cannot be taken back:
- Sealed products, or with a special packaging such as plastic that has been opened by the customer
Need to have a look on the Soloist packaging.

Mar 20, 2021 at 12:17 PM Post #158 of 2,563
Have you ever tried to return an item bought from Audiophonics? Was it easy process?

It would be actually cool do to this way and find out myself which one I would prefer. Though in the beginning it seemed it might be a risky thing to do, from audiophonics return policy:

Need to have a look on the Soloist packaging.

A few months ago, I ordered the Topping D90 and the Gustard A-18, contacted the after-sales service and returned the Gustard within 15 days without any problem.
Feel free to contact them

Mar 22, 2021 at 9:37 AM Post #159 of 2,563
I have ordered 2 Audio-GD products from Magnhifi with good customer service, they are a reputable company. Same experience with Audiophonics: ordered a power amp that I didn't end up liking, so I returned it with no issues.

Mar 22, 2021 at 7:13 PM Post #160 of 2,563

I bought 2 Audio GD DACs from MagnaHifi--both were excellent experiences. Jos was extremely knowledgeable & helpful. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them...

Mar 23, 2021 at 3:16 AM Post #162 of 2,563
no stock on any of those at the moment

Mar 24, 2021 at 9:37 AM Post #163 of 2,563
does anyone have the numbers on the Singxer SA-1 for Single Ended output at 32, 64, 300 and 600 ohm impedances? I think they only list the balanced ones.

Also, anyone have a PDF of the Singxer SA-1 manual? I know there is not much to it but I like to see the operational comparisons too.

I was thinking of the Gustard H16 but got a bit turned off when I found out that the SE output maxed out at 1W ( 800mW @ 32Ohms, 1W @64, ~250mW @300 and 133mW @ 600). Not too sure if the Gustard can drive much single ended. Also, I think the menu system and display in a SMSL SH-9 is better than the Gustard H16. They should have spent a bit more in that.

Mar 24, 2021 at 9:46 AM Post #164 of 2,563
does anyone have the numbers on the Singxer SA-1 for Single Ended output at 32, 64, 300 and 600 ohm impedances? I think they only list the balanced ones.

Also, anyone have a PDF of the Singxer SA-1 manual? I know there is not much to it but I like to see the operational comparisons too.

I was thinking of the Gustard H16 but got a bit turned off when I found out that the SE output maxed out at 1W ( 800mW @ 32Ohms, 1W @64, ~250mW @300 and 133mW @ 600). Not too sure if the Gustard can drive much single ended. Also, I think the menu system and display in a SMSL SH-9 is better than the Gustard H16. They should have spent a bit more in that.
I think the power output is about the same either SE or Balanced

Mar 24, 2021 at 9:56 AM Post #165 of 2,563

http://www.singxer.com/col.jsp?id=108

Users who are viewing this thread

Back