Singxer SA-1 / Balanced Amplifier Fully Discrete Class A - beyond THX 888 ?!
Jun 10, 2021 at 7:02 PM Post #1,051 of 2,563
Yeah, I bought it because it is kind of similar to the XI Formula S, overwhelming power. Bass is way better than SA-1 and upper region is never bright, EQ wasn't needed before but it was lacking energy in 40-80hz, that got fixed with it.

I guess SA-1 with DC couple mod sounds better.

I was extremely interested in the Kinki amp for a time. But 2 things stopped me:
  • No remote. That's a dealbreaker because I would want to use an amp of this quality as a preamp, in addition to HP amp
  • And it has a ton of gain w/a linear volume pot. In my system, which has too much gain to begin with, that would effectively mean I would be confined to the bottom ~15% of the pot's rotation (all the way on the left)...not a good place to be IMS
If Kinki ever addressed these issues, I'd jump on that amp. BTW, it made me crazy the Kinki manual stated that a remote control was included--something I check on & found was not accurate.

Jun 10, 2021 at 7:27 PM Post #1,052 of 2,563
hype is over, what's the new flavour of the month? nothing til september october I guess.
There's no hype. It's a great amp. I find it to be better than the THX amps, better than the Topping A90, and better than the Jot 2. It's just really smooth and solid.

Jun 10, 2021 at 7:36 PM Post #1,053 of 2,563
I was extremely interested in the Kinki amp for a time. But 2 things stopped me:
  • No remote. That's a dealbreaker because I would want to use an amp of this quality as a preamp, in addition to HP amp
  • And it has a ton of gain w/a linear volume pot. In my system, which has too much gain to begin with, that would effectively mean I would be confined to the bottom ~15% of the pot's rotation (all the way on the left)...not a good place to be IMS
If Kinki ever addressed these issues, I'd jump on that amp. BTW, it made me crazy the Kinki manual stated that a remote control was included--something I check on & found was not accurate.
This is so far the best amp I've ever tried and I had the chance to get a V281 but I decided to go Kinki way :D

Jun 10, 2021 at 8:28 PM Post #1,054 of 2,563
This is so far the best amp I've ever tried and I had the chance to get a V281 but I decided to go Kinki way :D

I have a V281 (w/stepped attenuator & remote). It's the best SS amp & preamp I've ever heard. But it won't last forever--and the newer Violectrics admittedly have a more "neutral" sound (that's not happy news for me, as the V281's sound is ideal IMO).

All to say that I always keep my eyes open for a potential TOTL backup amp/preamp. Plus I confess--I just have a thing for headphone amps.

Jun 10, 2021 at 9:35 PM Post #1,056 of 2,563
There's no hype. It's a great amp. I find it to be better than the THX amps, better than the Topping A90, and better than the Jot 2. It's just really smooth and solid.
There is hype. Hype can be justified or not, no a bad thing per se, but boy, there was hype, of course there was. Still flavour fo the month, at these prices... Til september october I guess.

Jun 10, 2021 at 9:37 PM Post #1,057 of 2,563
Remote is a great idea indeed for when used with speakers... gotta get a digital ladder knob I guess. Burson has remote. mini GSX has remote? not sure.

Jun 10, 2021 at 11:25 PM Post #1,058 of 2,563
Remote is a great idea indeed for when used with speakers... gotta get a digital ladder knob I guess. Burson has remote. mini GSX has remote? not sure.

BTW, my need for a remote isn't just laziness. The equipment stack is 4-5 feet from my seat in front of the big desktop system. That's a long way to reach--not convenient, especially when I'm busy. So for the main system, a remote is critical.

I have a 2nd system to the side of the main one (attached to a laptop). I just swing my chair around and there it is, very close to the volume pot, no need for a remote. But there aren't any speakers on the side system--just headphones.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2021 at 5:25 AM Post #1,060 of 2,563
Can i ask some questions about via output connection?
There is any problem if my input is rca and output is 4.4mm or xlr ?
Or I must use input rca and output 6.35mm.

There is 0 problem with that, you can interconnect it anyway you want to, input RCA or XLR and ouput 4.4mm, 6.35 or XLR it will work, you just choose in the front what input is getting the signal

1623403530357.png

Jun 11, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #1,061 of 2,563
I have a V281 (w/stepped attenuator & remote). It's the best SS amp & preamp I've ever heard. But it won't last forever--and the newer Violectrics admittedly have a more "neutral" sound (that's not happy news for me, as the V281's sound is ideal IMO).

All to say that I always keep my eyes open for a potential TOTL backup amp/preamp. Plus I confess--I just have a thing for headphone amps.
I was like you with headphone amps, then I realized I was wasting money, all of them sounded good and differences were so little that I just kept the one that sounded best to me and sold the rest (still trying to sell the SA-1 mint lol)

Now I've got a Pontus 2 and this is probably and finally my end game, end of journey until New Order

Jun 11, 2021 at 11:40 AM Post #1,063 of 2,563
But that's a DAC, right? Is the Kinki your end game amp for the moment?

Yes, absolutely! No matter how much money you put into DACs or Amps, the real deal is always headphones, when I got mine, after Arya and Clear, made me realize that I found what I was looking for: Pure realism in front of the computer, translate myself into the concert halls and let go

Kinki for my headphones is so detailed, lively and organic.... I'd love to try so many amps but money is a problem here haha, Artemis looks so good.... :D

Jun 11, 2021 at 12:45 PM Post #1,065 of 2,563
You say that like it's a bad thing...
Please don't misinterpret my words, it is never a bad thing, just from my point of view I felt like I was wasting it because every single device I adquired sounded great haha

So I ended up with 5 amps and liked all of them but it made no sense to me having all of them and switching over and over!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back