Singlepower Supra XLR First Impressions
Oct 23, 2005 at 7:42 AM Post #31 of 39
When do you get the tube power supply and what type of chassis does it come in?

Oct 23, 2005 at 10:45 AM Post #32 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by woodcans
I haven't put it on the scale myself, but Fedex weighed it in at 48 lbs. That included the crate, which I would estimate at ~3 lbs., leaving the amp at a healthy 45 lbs.
basshead.gif

Wow I just sent Mikhail my MPX3 for some tweeks and the ups. scale called it 18.3 LBS. My shipping bill was $47.39 ( Va. to Co. ) just for fun can I ask how much was it to ship that monster!
eek.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob N

What is a tube power supply? I thought that was the amps job.

Oct 23, 2005 at 10:57 AM Post #33 of 39
The power supply for my SDS-XLR weighed about 55 LBS and cost around $200 to ship to the UK

Tube power supply - tube rectifier in the power supply instead of silicon diodes.

Oct 23, 2005 at 11:16 AM Post #34 of 39
Quote:

Tube power supply - tube rectifier in the power supply instead of silicon diodes.

So woodcans can listen to the amp. both ways:.. strait out of the wall to the amp? or run the power through a tube-rectified power supply?

Oct 23, 2005 at 3:30 PM Post #35 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by markmaxx
So woodcans can listen to the amp. both ways:.. strait out of the wall to the amp? or run the power through a tube-rectified power supply?

Yep. My single-ended SDS also has this capability, as does the SDS-XLR (although that one doesn't have an internal power supply at all, so it would just be a matter of replacing the external power supply).

Oct 23, 2005 at 3:47 PM Post #36 of 39
Congratulations to a fine amplifier!

I haven’t even heard a standard Supra. I am really curious if one would be to my taste in stead of my MPX3. The allegedly higher level of detail surely, but the possibly less dynamics: No.

Oct 23, 2005 at 7:58 PM Post #37 of 39
Quote:

It should arrive in a few weeks. Its chassis should match the Supra's.

Oct 23, 2005 at 8:00 PM Post #38 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by markmaxx
Wow I just sent Mikhail my MPX3 for some tweeks and the ups. scale called it 18.3 LBS. My shipping bill was $47.39 ( Va. to Co. ) just for fun can I ask how much was it to ship that monster!
eek.gif

Can't say exactly, but it must have been a fair amount. The shipping was included in the cost - haven't gotten my invoice yet. I'll shoot you a pm when I get it.

Oct 23, 2005 at 8:03 PM Post #39 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Glod
Congratulations to a fine amplifier!

I haven’t even heard a standard Supra. I am really curious if one would be to my taste in stead of my MPX3. The allegedly higher level of detail surely, but the possibly less dynamics: No.

Can't say for sure regarding your tastes, but in my short experience I would not call the Supra any less dynamic than the MPX3. I love(d) the sound of my MPX3 and so far I'm overjoyed with the Supra.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back