Singlepower ES-1 has landed! EARGASMS GALORE (56K warning)
Jun 6, 2006 at 8:23 PM Post #16 of 123
Congrats on the amp. I have a feeling the valve art el34b's would match well with omegas. They have the most detail and tightest bass of the new production el34's, and are very transparent sounding. As for 12au7's (if thats what you have, though could be 12ax7), the new production tubes suck, luckily there are a lot of nice sounding nos tubes to choose from.

edit: looks like you already have valve arts in there hehe. No rolling required then :p

Biggie.

Jun 6, 2006 at 8:29 PM Post #17 of 123
What a beautiful amp. I've never seen picture of that specific headphone amplifier anywhere before. Might it be that you are the first to post some in this section of the forums? I can imagine that there are some in the meet sections?

I wish I could hear how it sounds.
orphsmile.gif

Jun 6, 2006 at 8:30 PM Post #18 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok
Hi!
The OIIs are getting worked like no tomorrow, and it shows - immense soundstage, extreme transparency, and articulate highs. Dark? Who says! Damn it's a treat! The OIIs haven't even fully charged up yet!

Did you get a chance to try the ES-1 with the HE60?

Jun 6, 2006 at 8:33 PM Post #19 of 123
Quote:

I guess that's why you haven't been posting much.. too busy listening?
tongue.gif

Night and day, my friend.
biggrin.gif

If you haven't already done so, make sure and try out some accoustic stuff, especially accoustic guitars, strings, and the like. The realism of the sound is nothing short of eye-popping.

Jun 6, 2006 at 8:37 PM Post #20 of 123
Quote:

My ES-1 arrived!

I am still on wow..

trying to close ...my.....mouth.
tongue.gif

super fine setup, wow is in order here...

Jun 6, 2006 at 8:37 PM Post #21 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by canloader
Did you get a chance to try the ES-1 with the HE60?

Unfortunately I sold the HE60s many months ago.. so I can't try it.
frown.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by bahamaman
If you haven't already done so, make sure and try out some accoustic stuff, especially accoustic guitars, strings, and the like. The realism of the sound is nothing short of eye-popping.

Yes! I just tried John McLaughlin, Al Di Meola, Paco de Lucia's Friday Night in San Francisco disc and it's breathtaking! The strings are so real! Amazing.

And Metallica sounds awesome too!
tongue.gif
. In Master Of Puppets, the drums are extremely impactful (didn't think I'd use this word), and the guitaring is crystal clear.

Jun 6, 2006 at 8:44 PM Post #22 of 123
Trying not to be jealous.

You are bringing this to the Hamilton meet right? Puleeeaaase!?!?

Jun 6, 2006 at 9:05 PM Post #23 of 123
I'm getting an eyegasm just looking at it. Wow!!!
cool.gif

Jun 6, 2006 at 9:12 PM Post #24 of 123
Those pics are great.

Looking forward to hear your impressions using the D02
icon10.gif

Jun 6, 2006 at 9:26 PM Post #25 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
Trying not to be jealous.

You are bringing this to the Hamilton meet right? Puleeeaaase!?!?

Maybe.. most likely not, though.. it's too heavy and big!

You're always invited to come over for a micro/mini meet though.. I should really arrange that sometime..

Regarding the D02: I'm thinking of listening to the Ack Dack longterm, then switching over to the D02 to see what differences there are, since short term quick A/B switching has always failed me in the past.

Jun 6, 2006 at 9:49 PM Post #27 of 123
Congrats on a beautiful system. I would imagine if you like that sound, these are a good combination.

It's ok audio wise for me. I need even far greater resolution.
eek.gif

Jun 6, 2006 at 10:10 PM Post #28 of 123
That is one stunning looking system! If I venture back into headphones, that amp and those headphones will be what I get. Enjoy!!!

Jun 6, 2006 at 10:32 PM Post #30 of 123
Congrads, akwok! Looks like the RebelXT you bought as an upgraded accessory to audio gear is well worthwhile!
biggrin.gif

Hope you did get a tripod to go with the shaky hands
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back