Singlepower ES-1 has landed! EARGASMS GALORE (56K warning)
Jun 6, 2006 at 10:34 PM Post #31 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by overlunge
Congrads, akwok! Looks like the RebelXT you bought as an upgraded accessory to audio gear is well worthwhile!
biggrin.gif

Hope you did get a tripod to go with the shaky hands
smily_headphones1.gif

Haha.. accessory.. I wish.. I'm already thinking of upgrading the camera!

I love it. I need to learn how to master it though, as you can see, the pictures aren't too spectacular.. and I used a tripod!

Jun 6, 2006 at 10:44 PM Post #32 of 123
Wow. Good luck with the photo hobby. It's another expensive one.
eek.gif

I was thining about that myself but it's opposite of this hobby since with photography you must go outside and this headphone rig you must stay at home.

Jun 6, 2006 at 10:54 PM Post #34 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Pak
You just got it? Haven't you had the ES-1 in your sig for months?
evil_smiley.gif

Hehe, I put it in there when I ordered it.. but one thing led to another and it took longer than expected
orphsmile.gif

Jun 6, 2006 at 11:10 PM Post #36 of 123
You,ve got me drooling. I remember hearing the Orpheus with the Singlepower at the National Meet. At the time, under admittedly less than optimal listening conditions, I thought it was the best amp/phone combo that I heard.

If you wouldn't mind, would you please state the exact configuration you ordered.

Enjoy.

Jun 6, 2006 at 11:18 PM Post #37 of 123
congrats, AK!

Does it mean you can die with the OII now!

You am gonna spend lots of more cash by tube rolling the amp for the best evaluated, see how many are up there. I would like to know how significantly the sound quality change in regard to the tubes change. Follow this up.

did you take a rear shoot of the amp?

Jun 7, 2006 at 12:10 AM Post #38 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruppin
If you wouldn't mind, would you please state the exact configuration you ordered.

I'll let Akwok answer about his amp, but my ES-1 has two options: silver wiring in the signal path and an upgraded PSU.

Jun 7, 2006 at 12:44 AM Post #39 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by bahamaman
I'll let Akwok answer about his amp, but my ES-1 has two options: silver wiring in the signal path and an upgraded PSU.

Mine has the upgraded PSU,
tongue.gif

Anything else would've been too expensive for me! Considering the base model is already $4k..

Quote:

Originally Posted by edisonwu
did you take a rear shoot of the amp?

No rear shots.. I'd have to move the amp to take shots, and it's a bitch to move!

Jun 7, 2006 at 1:50 AM Post #40 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok
Maybe.. most likely not, though.. it's too heavy and big!

You're always invited to come over for a micro/mini meet though.. I should really arrange that sometime...

Oh, come on!
smily_headphones1.gif

[but yeah, if you don't bring it we should hook up for a mini meet sometime]

Jun 7, 2006 at 2:01 AM Post #41 of 123
Congratulations on a beautiful new amp...the entire setup looks fantastic!

I'm becoming more and more seduced by all these Singlepower amps around here...

Peace,

Graz

Jun 7, 2006 at 2:05 AM Post #42 of 123
Actually..

I hate the complete setup aesthetically right now. The D02 is silver, and the Ack Dack is black (and plain). I'm hoping the new DACs coming will make the whole thing actually look like a set - it's like mismatched socks right now!

I think the best looking setup I've had so far is either the L3000 + DHA3000 or the SA5000 + GS-1 + VDA-1/VAC-1 (I like the look of the latter more).

Jun 7, 2006 at 2:13 AM Post #43 of 123
Sorry to post again on this...but I just CANNOT stop looking at that amplifier.

EDIT: it looks like the small tube on the front row...the left one...is a little crooked. Can you please straighten it and take/post some new pics!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Peace,

Graz

Jun 7, 2006 at 2:16 AM Post #45 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok
I think the best looking setup I've had so far is either the L3000 + DHA3000 or the SA5000 + GS-1 + VDA-1/VAC-1 (I like the look of the latter more).

Did I mention I hate you?
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back