Singlepower Customer Service!!!
Apr 17, 2004 at 4:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

AlphaHX

100+ Head-Fier
I recently purchased a MPX3 from Mikhail less than a month ago. I was perfectly content with it until I read in another thread talking about the must have upgrades. So after sacd lover mentions the few that are must haves and are great for the bang for the buck... bam! upgraditis hits me again. Thanx buddy.
rolleyes.gif

Anyways, so only having the MPX3 for less than a month I really didnt want to sell it just to buy it again with upgrades so couple of days ago I sent Mikhail an email if it would be possible that I could just send my MPX3 back to him so he can upgrade it for me. Not only did he say he would do that for me but I can keep my MPX3 while he builds me a whole new unit with the upgrades! Then, when hes done, he'll send it as soon as I send mine out that way I wont have to go long without my amp. I think he assumed that I would be in great pain without my MPX3. You know what!?... hes right!
biggrin.gif

Also, last time I emailed him about the purchasing the MPX3, we ended up exchanging about fifty emails (of which he responded back insanely fast) back and forth since I kept changing my mind or kept forgetting to have something adjusted. Stupid me. So this time, he left his phone number in his email for me to contact him. I thought hey, I'll give him a call and save him the trouble of another hundred emails.
tongue.gif
All I can say is that Mikhail is probably one of the nicest guys I've ever met. I had a billion questions about what each upgrades does to the sound and he took his time and explained to me each one in extreme detail. I had a bunch of other questions regarding speaker amps, future new models, amps in general, and so on and so forth and he actually took time to just talk to me and answer all my questions. Great guy to talk to.

Also I hope Mikhail doesnt mind me mentioning it but I've been told that there are future amps that are being planned to be added to the Singlepower line up. All I'm going to say is that anyone who wants to a really good amp to match up with their dynamic or electrostatic headphone should wait to see what Singlepower has to offer.
wink.gif

With that kind of customer service and great products, I'll probably definitely buy from him again. No doubt about it. Ironically, I dont even know why I'm getting the upgrades. I dont even hear anything wrong with my stock MPX3 right now. I guess I'll find out when I get my unit.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 17, 2004 at 5:09 AM Post #2 of 27
Mikhail, Tyll and the HeadRoom gang, Jan Meier, and Ray Samuels are truly great assets to this community and headphonedom in general. They are simply some of the most customer service related people I have ever heard of in this industry.

Apr 17, 2004 at 10:20 AM Post #3 of 27
Combine the quality of person Mikhail is, and the AWESOME sound of my SDS amp, and I know I won't be going anywhere else for any headphone amps......ever.
You tell him what you want and he builds it.

Apr 17, 2004 at 10:43 AM Post #4 of 27
His customer service will take him very far. It's the key to any succesful business (MAKE THE CUSTOMER FEEL IMPORTATNT). I'm very happy for Mikhail. Definately a good guy.

Apr 17, 2004 at 11:47 AM Post #5 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by tom hankins
Combine the quality of person Mikhail is, and the AWESOME sound of my SDS amp, and I know I won't be going anywhere else for any headphone amps......ever.
You tell him what you want and he builds it.

I agree wholeheartedly. Call me a fanboy if you want but I can't help raving about the overall quality of Mikhails amps for the price. His level of customer service is the best I've seen from any company, anywhere, and he himself is one of the nicest people I've had the pleasure of talking to. Now that's a mixture for a great company.

Apr 17, 2004 at 1:34 PM Post #6 of 27
Mikhail is a great asset to our community in what he brings to the table as far as products and customer service,he goes above & beyond in customer satisfaction.
Meeting Mikhail at the 2nd Ny meet you can see how he loves what he does,and is a great person in general.
I speak to Mikhail reguarly and we have become friends,one of the many I have made from this great place.

Apr 17, 2004 at 3:06 PM Post #8 of 27
I particuarly enjoyed the "call me a fanboy if your like, but..." comment, because the BUT part really does apply here, and I'm not afraid to join in the chorus.

For those who have heard (or own) Mikhail's amps, they speak for themselves and are a fantastic value at all price points. For those who have communicated with Mikhail, their experiences have been overwhelmingly positive. For those who have met and come to know Mikhail, they have seen the passion that he has for amp building and his desire to get it right for each customer. I'm thankful that I fall into each of these categories.

Like Tom, I consider Mikhail to be a great friend who happens to be an outstanding amp designer and builder. He has a buisness plan in place that, when combined with his talents and desire to please customers, will allow Single Power Audio to be "best of class" and at the forefront of this hobby for a long time to come.

Apr 17, 2004 at 3:22 PM Post #9 of 27
From my dealings with Mikhail it is apparent that first and foremost he is crazy about music and sound just like you and I. It just so happens that he is exceptional at designing and building great amps and making customers happy. He went out of his way to send out an MPX3 for our Philly meet and even let me keep it a few weeks. He treats even a PPX3 customer
wink.gif
with utmost regard.

Apr 17, 2004 at 4:09 PM Post #10 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by AlphaHX
I dont even hear anything wrong with my stock MPX3 right now. I guess I'll find out when I get my unit.
smily_headphones1.gif

It's time to get a new source and interconnects
wink.gif
evil_smiley.gif

I like the SinglePower amps but I can't use them given my choice of headphones.

Apr 18, 2004 at 5:11 PM Post #13 of 27
I'll add my own commendations for Mikhail and Singlepower. I have been completely frustrated trying to find a workable headphone set-up.

I've tried AT W2002s, RS-1s, HD650s w/Moon SIlver Dragons, and have R-10s on the way but after listening to several high end amplifiers for headphones there was only ONE choice and that was Singlepower.

The sound of Singlepower amplification at virtually all of his levels leaves little to be desired and all experiences with the man (Mikhail) serve as examples of how companies SHOULD do business. I say hats off ---- to the degree that I commissioned him to build an SDS voiced for my R-10s.

Along with Jeffery Rowland (whose amplifiers cost many many times that of Singlepowers) Mikhail has offered the finest services I have yey experienced from an individual designer...his patience and advice; the sheer amount of time he seems willing to spend to get what YOU want is almost hard to believe.

Try one!

Mwb

Apr 18, 2004 at 7:05 PM Post #14 of 27
What can I say that hasn't already been said? I've been a fan ever since Mikhail built the very first Supra. He's become a good friend since then, who just happens to make superb products that IMO each represent tremendous value at their price point.

And he's just getting started...
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 19, 2004 at 7:15 PM Post #15 of 27
I've had the pleasure of meeting Mikhail; a really nice guy and much, much more knowledgeable than I am about amps but willing to explain things so that I could understand!

I finally have the money to buy one of his amps; I'll be emailing him tonight when I get home.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back