Single Power Audio SDS-XLR
Feb 25, 2006 at 4:08 AM Post #61 of 69
Bax Global is maybe the cheapest and could meet your criteria. I shipped a cdp weighing at 180lbs boxed weight. If I remeber correctly it cost me about $300. I have a bax global depot nearby so i got them shipped there and got it delivered. It would of been cheaper to pick it up myself by I didn't fancy myself getting a free hernia with this gig
rs1smile.gif

Feb 25, 2006 at 6:00 AM Post #64 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by daba
So, when are you going to open it up and take a lookie inside?

Are you kidding? I have two left thumbs. I don't even open the hood of my car unless I really have to
biggrin.gif

Feb 25, 2006 at 6:06 AM Post #65 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by PATB
Are you kidding? I have two left thumbs. I don't even open the hood of my car unless I really have to
biggrin.gif

two words=bonnet pins

I don't think anyone would be concerned with the internals. They could be better for the price you are paying for an amp of this calibre. But from what I have seen it's not an issue unless you are one of those obsessive types.

Feb 25, 2006 at 3:28 PM Post #66 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
Thanks, Rob. This is not an issue for me. Mikhail will ship it to my freight forwarder in Miami, and it will go on a barge from there.

That must make for great bar conversation, " My amp is SO big, they had to barge it to my house!"
icon10.gif

Feb 25, 2006 at 3:34 PM Post #67 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by daba
So, when are you going to open it up and take a lookie inside?

Before telling someone to open up a tube amp, you might also want to tell them what kind of voltages are running around inside, and how long a capacitor can hold a charge even if the item is unplugged. Tube amps should not be opened unless the person doing it has some idea of what's dangerous and what's not. The conventional television is another source of very high voltages (CRT = cathode ray tube). The case is your main protection against exposure to high voltage. Leave it in place unless you know how to work with high-voltage electronics.

Feb 25, 2006 at 5:11 PM Post #68 of 69
A safe way is to turn the amp off, then unplug the power cord(s) while the source is still playing and wait 'till you hear no sound anymore. This should empty all capacitors and it does not hurt the amp. If you don't stick your fingers or tongue around you should be safe anyway. Don't bother with the PSU, a nice picture of the amp internal section it's all we need!
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 25, 2006 at 6:32 PM Post #69 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mastergill
A safe way is to turn the amp off, then unplug the power cord(s) while the source is still playing and wait 'till you hear no sound anymore. This should empty all capacitors and it does not hurt the amp.

The capacitors can still hold a charge after doing that. As much as I would love to see the internals of this beast I have to agree with Hirsch on this one. Unless you know what you are doing you shouldn't open it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back