Singapore Meet - 7 September 2013.
Sep 7, 2013 at 10:45 AM Post #622 of 642
the Wharfedale ID1 was really great. 
L3000.gif

Sep 7, 2013 at 11:26 AM Post #624 of 642
  vintage ortho is awesome...

Some truth right there!  Good stuff.  Gear older than many of the attendees that measures up to the fancy new stuff.  Wharfdales are so cool , Uncle didn't need aircon.

Quote:

Yeah thanks to all that attended, the host and organiser and Smeckles for lugging all that gear for our benefit but i think he's a bit down for not getting his PC to work but in the end it's still great to try out his high end stuff.

I think we poison each other ha! .... PM me if you spot anything good
wink.gif

Ah, Murphy's Law my friend! Anything that can go wrong will...  More parts means more challenges.  2 re-installs of JRiver later and it's all good. 

Really good time; nice meeting many of you and the rest, save for next time, I hope.  And many thanks to the E1 team for the time and effort.  Could not have done it without you.

Mini-meet?  Give me a shout.

Sep 7, 2013 at 11:27 AM Post #625 of 642
vintage ortho is awesome...

Haha mad genius no....more like madman :D
Yeah I think James got me hook on looking for vintage orthos....especially since I know that my ember can drive them all.

This... Now I'm on the hunt for a HP50 at least, but I'm warned that it's a box of chocolates...

rckyosho should have an affiliate link for all the promoting he did for the Ember lol!!
Awaiting photos and feedback from our resident cameraman/meet writer/headphone impressionist jgray91.

Finally, my megapost count will mean something! :D
--------------------
Huge thank you and major kudos for alakazam to take the lead and took this meet through, Uncle from E1 (sorry for not asking for your name Uncle!! orz) for hosting the meet, Smeckles for carting his snakes and boxes and poisoning me with the SR-009, James for showing me the light of vintage orthos, rckyosho for shilling the Ember and his Maddogs and major props to others making my first meet one of the best fun I had in a long time!

I myself am looking forward to my own impressions! Too bad I'm so speechless with the SR-009 that I didn't wrote anything about it!

Sep 7, 2013 at 4:49 PM Post #626 of 642

Ah, Murphy's Law my friend! Anything that can go wrong will...  More parts means more challenges.  2 re-installs of JRiver later and it's all good. 

Really good time; nice meeting many of you and the rest, save for next time, I hope.  And many thanks to the E1 team for the time and effort.  Could not have done it without you.

Mini-meet?  Give me a shout.

Nice gears you have there! Wished a more quiet environment to play with the phonitor though >_<

Sep 8, 2013 at 12:26 PM Post #629 of 642
Awesome meet was awesome!

Thanks to jgray for bringing me to audio haven. And also exploring Singapore a bit. Without his idea, I won't be even thinking of going to the meet! Quick with that review and photos!

Thanks to uncle E1 for the place and some gears for testing. Can't sell that AK100 cause got poked too much.

Thanks to Smeckels for that SR009. Even if it was just a short while, couldn't wipe that smile off my face listening to it. And also got a $5k "crown" worn on this head of mine!

Thanks to avid2010 for the quick cable guide and awesome orthos! Dang that vintage orthos was just so d@mn power hungry. And don't worry, your ears are good already for a very good modding. Just need that reference sound to fine tune your mods. And good luck on that Beyer of yours!

Last but not least, thanks to rckyosho for that Mad Dogs. Poison success I guess! To me, it was the star of the show (sorry smeckles, SR009 is just too expensive. Not even including that AMP/DAC combo of yours).

Hopefully can get another big meet again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back